I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Aer Lingus says carry on bags must be 15.5 * 9.5 * 21.5

DB's bag is 22 inches (with wheels and handle) instead of 21.5 inches. Should he get a new smaller bag or take a chance?

I don’t know my suitcase’s dimensions but we carried on one way from SNN to BOS in June (we checked bags on the way to DUB) and mine barely fit in the bag checker, but I checked it myself near the Aer Lingus desk, no one actually physically checked it at the gate. So either they have very accurate eye-balling skills or they weren’t concerned that day?

I wouldn’t know what to advise tho, since it was just 1 flight on 1 day and 1 experience. Good luck!

What are your favorite brands for packing cubes? We’re looking at getting a few more and the brand we bought previously apparently isn’t making them anymore
Great question! Since I am a visual person, I am looking for cubes that I can see inside, so either clear or mesh.

@afan - I think it was you that was waiting for their Bonvoy 5 FNC's to post. Mine posted today, and I'm able to see them on the Bonvoy app (I have an Android phone). I think you also said you didn't think you could see them on there. Sorry if I'm remembering wrong. I met the spend a few weeks ago, and my statement closed on the 20th. Anyways, might want to check again. Hope that helps!

Reviving the high yield savings discussion - for those with funds in Vanguard, they are offering a new “Vanguard Cash Plus” account at 4.5% APY. This was offered via a pop up on both my PC and my phone - says it is a “pilot being offered to certain clients” but looks like it’s pretty widespread.

DB's bag is 22 inches (with wheels and handle) instead of 21.5 inches. Should he get a new smaller bag or take a chance?
There is no chance my carry-on would fit in one of those check things that the airlines have available. I usually try to keep it behind me and out of their sight. I have never been made to gate check it for an international flight. Mind you I also have a carry-on bag, backpack and a large handbag, so clearly I am over my allowance. Never had a problem though ;)

@afan - I think it was you that was waiting for their Bonvoy 5 FNC's to post. Mine posted today, and I'm able to see them on the Bonvoy app (I have an Android phone). I think you also said you didn't think you could see them on there. Sorry if I'm remembering wrong. I met the spend a few weeks ago, and my statement closed on the 20th. Anyways, might want to check again. Hope that helps!

Thank you! They are there! When I couldn't figure out where it would show up I googled and more than one blog said the android app didn't show fnc. Glad to see that's no longer the case. I don't think the posts I read were that old either.

Reviving the high yield savings discussion - for those with funds in Vanguard, they are offering a new “Vanguard Cash Plus” account at 4.5% APY. This was offered via a pop up on both my PC and my phone - says it is a “pilot being offered to certain clients” but looks like it’s pretty widespread.
I got that email and when I tried to apply, it told me it wasn't open to me:(

Thanks for posting this. I was waiting for mine as well, and had used a link after the public offer disappeared so I was kinda sweating a little. Glad to see them in my account.

I see the Eagle Creek ones are completely different now (mine are really old). Material looks different and it has the cord pullers that I like on my eBags ones.
I have old ones, too and I still use them (especially the folders - those are really helpful), but I love the newer ones. Sometimes I find good prices online, especially on last season's patterns.

I risked it on Air France and KLM (both trans Atlantic and intra Europe) and I was fine. It depends on how risk averse you are. Maybe google and see if there are a lot of reports about AL specifically.
What are your favorite brands for packing cubes? We’re looking at getting a few more and the brand we bought previously apparently isn’t making them anymore
I have these compression cubes that are half see through (but still water resistant) and love them. I ordered this set and then ended up ordering a different set to add some specific sizes. I didn't use the regular packing cubes I had, but love the compression ones. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081JSFHZK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

I risked it on Air France and KLM (both trans Atlantic and intra Europe) and I was fine. It depends on how risk averse you are. Maybe google and see if there are a lot of reports about AL specifically.

I have these compression cubes that are half see through (but still water resistant) and love them. I ordered this set and then ended up ordering a different set to add some specific sizes. I didn't use the regular packing cubes I had, but love the compression ones. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081JSFHZK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1
We ended up getting these. Thank you! I had a different set from this same brand but it wasn’t compression so we switched. Our other packing cubes aren’t compression so I’m excited to try something new

from what i recall something like 15-20% of people on 0% miss a payment so then their interest rate goes up to the default of whatever it was at signing and the average person spends a few extra thousand when they have 0 I know no one on this thread but that is what they are hoping for. bought a car for my DW they refused me 0% then at the end they tried to give it to me when i denied everything else we were already there for 4+ hours so I told them to pound sand.

We also got 0% for 3 years for DH's Ford F150. I hate monthly payments, but at 0%, there's no reason not to.
Friends of the family on my dad's side owned a dealer for many years. It was great for us because we got great deals on cars during that time. It was my dad's best friend so we pretty much got them at dealer cost.

Anyway, we also learned some tricks through them. Sometimes when they offer 0%, they don't discount the car much, if at all (or as much as if you would have paid cash). Maybe that was not the case for y'all, but I have noticed this when buying cars since then. Could negotiate $3K off, but then if asking for the 0% offer no more discount. Just FYI.

Maybe things have changed, it's been a while for me as my last 3 cars have been leases (in case anyone is interested, great community here if wanting to get into auto lease hacking: https://leasehackr.com)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter