I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I thought about the business platinum, but just got personal platinum (and I can negate the fee) not sure I can negate the fee on another one! but it is intriguing
The Biz Plat comes with a $400 Dell credit ($200 from Jan 1 - June 30 + $200 from July 1 - Dec 31), I've bought some new Bose headsets and even a laptop (Dell allows 3 methods of payment so you can stack up to $600 in credit at a time). There's also the $200 airline credit, so those two combined takes care of $600 out of $695.

The SUB is conservatively worth $1,870 on its own, so the credits are just the icing on the cake.

The Biz Plat comes with a $400 Dell credit ($200 from Jan 1 - June 30 + $200 from July 1 - Dec 31), I've bought some new Bose headsets and even a laptop (Dell allows 3 methods of payment so you can stack up to $600 in credit at a time). There's also the $200 airline credit, so those two combined takes care of $600 out of $695.

The SUB is conservatively worth $1,870 on its own, so the credits are just the icing on the cake.
i rarely buy anything at dell although it would make nice gifts! the airline fee would go in my united travel bank. with the personal, i use the saks (makeup), uber eats, streaming (sirius) etc

I'll have to look into it more, thanks

i rarely buy anything at dell although it would make nice gifts! the airline fee would go in my united travel bank. with the personal, i use the saks (makeup), uber eats, streaming (sirius) etc

I'll have to look into it more, thanks
I buy stuff and resell it on Facebook Marketplace. When Rakuten has their 10x or 15x at Dell, I can turn the credit into almost pure cash profit.

It's been a happy travel hacking week for me. I used the Air France miles from the canceled Tahiti flight to book our flights to Paris next summer in business class. Then I booked our flights from London back home in J as well. I decided to use the Amex MR 30% transfer bonus to BA and take advantage of using less miles. Hotels are also taken care of. We are doing the Hyatt Etoile in Paris with a suite upgrade and then the Hyatt London Churchill, also with a suite upgrade and on the 9th floor balcony rooms! Nice to have the bigger aspects of the trip crossed off.
Very nice! I did something similar for next summer (AF in J plus a few days at the PHPV and a few days at the Churchill) but I'm still waiting to find my return flight. It's too early for BA to release the date I want, and I really want to try VA but I think I'd have to wait even longer for them to open up late July, so I will take whatever I can find as soon as I find it. Congrats on having your trip set up!

Very nice! I did something similar for next summer (AF in J plus a few days at the PHPV and a few days at the Churchill) but I'm still waiting to find my return flight. It's too early for BA to release the date I want, and I really want to try VA but I think I'd have to wait even longer for them to open up late July, so I will take whatever I can find as soon as I find it. Congrats on having your trip set up!
Dd and I can't go away next summer because she will start work the 1st or 2nd of May. Everyone with young kids and adults enjoy your travel time with them because it ends far too fast.
I am trying to decide where I want to go in September. Thinking Taiwan for a few days, then hopping over to Bali (it's been on my radar for a while). Then maybe Europe on the way home. Not sure -- I have several weeks to decide before I book seats. Nothing is really calling out to me now, but I might need to visit Norway again to do more hiking (I have a few hikes planned for September but really feel like I'm just scratching the surface). We shall see how much my knees allow :sad2:!

I just got DS got an $800 monitor (on sale for $600) for < $200 after I used 2 of my Biz Platinum credits. Did he need an $800 monitor? Absolutely not. But it's pretty cool. I got an email for 150k MRs. That's a no brainer. I'm just not sure how pissed off Amex is at me at the moment.
Do their different departments not talk to each other? It would make more sense if they only send out offers like that by email if they're *not* unhappy with a customer

Thanks and luck to you on the return flights! I know what you mean. I'd like to try Virgin too but BA opens up earlier and I'd rather have my flights booked sooner rather than later.

I opened an Alaska Business card last August. Looking at my statements, it looks like the annual fee posted 9/1. Now that they've made a bunch of changes to the terms and upped the annual fee, I know I want to ditch the card and not pay the annual fee.

I keep reading here that cards should be kept for a year. When can/should I cancel? Can I avoid that annual fee? Or should I not care this time around since they made major changes?

I opened an Alaska Business card last August. Looking at my statements, it looks like the annual fee posted 9/1. Now that they've made a bunch of changes to the terms and upped the annual fee, I know I want to ditch the card and not pay the annual fee.

I keep reading here that cards should be kept for a year. When can/should I cancel? Can I avoid that annual fee? Or should I not care this time around since they made major changes?

If you know it's been a year from when you got it in Aug you can cancel. But bofa will reverse the af if you cancel after it posts. I've done it with both biz and personal AS cards.

I know that it says AmEx points take up to 48 hours to show up when transferred to Aeroplan. But DPs say instant. My account shows them as earned today, but they're not available to redeem. Stressing b/c I really want to snag this flight to Africa and my travel dates aren't super flexible. Just sharing my stress w/ ppl who understand!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 11.10.16 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-27 at 11.10.16 AM.png
    139.6 KB · Views: 5
What’s the general consensus here on Ziva Cap Cana? The reviews I have read in the past seem mixed, and most seem to say that with the increased points redemption it’s not worth it. I think some of you here have been, would you go back at the current rate of 66k/night for a suite? 😲

What’s the general consensus here on Ziva Cap Cana? The reviews I have read in the past seem mixed, and most seem to say that with the increased points redemption it’s not worth it. I think some of you here have been, would you go back at the current rate of 66k/night for a suite? 😲
I was going to do this and ended up booking andaz costa rica, but I think it's better to get the suite there as it's cheap and easy, suite night awards might be worth saving if you have them. But from what I remember reading (I want to say here and Reddit) very easy to get a jr suite or bigger for 50$ a night, I do know they charge for more than 2 people also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter