I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Can someone help me understand the Disney Visa credit card? I’ve been using it in Disney and have saved 10% off of a lot of shopping and some dining. How can I use the credit card towards a future stay? That’s the main part that is confusing me? Thank you!

Can someone help me understand the Disney Visa credit card? I’ve been using it in Disney and have saved 10% off of a lot of shopping and some dining. How can I use the credit card towards a future stay? That’s the main part that is confusing me? Thank you!
If you log into your Chase account on your desktop or laptop you will see "Disney Rewards Dollars" near the top right. That shows you the balance you have for future Disney purchases. If this is a new card for you, you won't see the Disney Rewards Dollars until your statement posts.

You will need to transfer that to a Rewards Card in order to use it. This can be done online in your Chase account. You order the card, then transfer the Rewards Dollars to it when needed. I believe these do expire so watch the dates.

If you log into your Chase account on your desktop or laptop you will see "Disney Rewards Dollars" near the top right. That shows you the balance you have for future Disney purchases. If this is a new card for you, you won't see the Disney Rewards Dollars until your statement posts.

You will need to transfer that to a Rewards Card in order to use it. This can be done online in your Chase account. You order the card, then transfer the Rewards Dollars to it when needed. I believe these do expire so watch the dates.

Thank you! This is really helpful! Can I use the Rewards card towards a resort stay?

Thank you! This is really helpful! Can I use the Rewards card towards a resort stay?
I am unsure.

But....I think you can use the Rewards card to buy a Disney Gift Card which you can use to pay for your stay.
I have not used my Disney Visa rewards in a few years, so not sure if things changed.

I have other CC that give better overall rewards I prefer to use so I have a very low balance of Disney Rewards Dollars at any given time. I usually just use the Rewards Cards directly at DW for purchases. If I don't have a trip planned, I periodically buy Disney Gift Cards with the Rewards Card which I use to pay DVC dues or I save for future trips.

ive been able to use mine for anything disney i havent tried for stays but my guess is yes probably, the problem is outside of the discounts there are way better award cards for redemptions but with the 30% off online and the 10% off we have made up that annual fee (the math always works better for us for the 49$ card) also you get discounts on DCL which make up for it too.

Yes. The Rewards Redemption Card is basically a GC but with a little extra benefits. So anywhere that would take a GC should also accept the RRC.

The RRC can also be used at AMC theatres for Disney movies or used for the Visa dining discount instead of the charging the card. Stuff like that. Here's the Disney site that goes over all things Disney Rewards from the Visa cards.
https://disneyrewards.com/how-to-redeem/

The rewards dollars on the Disney Visa card expire within 5 years of the earn date. The rewards on the Rewards Redemption Card have no expiration date now. So unless someone has the Premier card and wants to use the points towards airfare, one could just periodically transfer what points they have from the Visa to the RRC to not accidentally lose them.

This actually reminds me I have some from the 5% bonus categories that I should offload to the RRC. Wasn't usually a problem when we did something Disney every couple years. But we've slowed down visits and we actually got close to an expiration date recently. :eek:

The rewards dollars on the Disney Visa card expire within 5 years of the earn date. The rewards on the Rewards Redemption Card have no expiration date now. So unless someone has the Premier card and wants to use the points towards airfare, one could just periodically transfer what points they have from the Visa to the RRC to not accidentally lose them.

This actually reminds me I have some from the 5% bonus categories that I should offload to the RRC. Wasn't usually a problem when we did something Disney every couple years. But we've slowed down visits and we actually got close to an expiration date recently. :eek:
Yes. Us too - less frequent trips. I also have some from recent 5% bonus categories I will transfer when my statement posts. I don't expect to use the card before then, but will wait just in case.

With the talk I went to the Chase app to check out my rewards dollars and discovered they added the RRC into the app! Where you can see your rewards balance on the CC and then below is the balance of the RRC with a "Pay with QR" link. You can pay with your RRC right from the app. Very nice if you don't like to carry the cards around.

I obviously haven't checked on my rewards from the app in a while so no idea when they added the payment option. This could be really old news. :laughing:

With the talk I went to the Chase app to check out my rewards dollars and discovered they added the RRC into the app! Where you can see your rewards balance on the CC and then below is the balance of the RRC with a "Pay with QR" link. You can pay with your RRC right from the app. Very nice if you don't like to carry the cards around.

I obviously haven't checked on my rewards from the app in a while so no idea when they added the payment option. This could be really old news. :laughing:
I didn't know this and actually have trip planned. Good to know. I don't see a QR code in my Chase app, but my rewards card balance is 0 since I haven't transferred to it yet.

I wish Disney would do something similar with the gift cards. I hate carrying gift cards with large amounts on them.

I did not activate or use my Chase free Instacart membership since I don't use Instacart at home. We are going to Disney next month and will need some groceries delivered. I usually use amazon, but their minimum is no longer $35.

Thinking of activating the free membership and $15 discount. Any reason not to do this just for a short Disney stay (won't need much delivered). Any downsides to using Instacart at Disney?

I did not activate or use my Chase free Instacart membership since I don't use Instacart at home. We are going to Disney next month and will need some groceries delivered. I usually use amazon, but their minimum is no longer $35.

Thinking of activating the free membership and $15 discount. Any reason not to do this just for a short Disney stay (won't need much delivered). Any downsides to using Instacart at Disney?
from what i know if you deliver alcohol you have to be there I'm not sure if this applies to food too now but I remember alcohol specifically was either here or on Reddit.

ouch
https://thriftytraveler.com/news/credit-card/amex-platinum-card-negative-changes/
I noticed this morning (because I'm one of those people who reads terms) that audible was being dropped now this. oof
makes me think the delta rumors for next year are plausible now.
Looks like no sign up bonus for swab now too. Seems like its effective immediately.

It's always a crap shoot as to what changes impact you or don't. In this case, the new changes don't impact me. Sorry to those it does though! So far the change that got me was the guests in the Centurion lounge, but that was the last set of changes.

I found this interesting!

The Platinum Card® from American Express seems more popular than ever as flyers go all-in on the trappings of “premium travel”: Unbeatable lounge access, hotel status, hotel credits, and more. Buoyed by rich benefits and eye-popping welcome bonuses, American Express has said their top-tier card is drawing in record numbers of new customers quarter after quarter.

I am a new Plat owner (June 2022), so I'm in that 'record numbers'. I have to admit I've been influenced by folks here and on the internet about the benefits. I was able to get one of the 150k subs, so it was definitely worthwhile. I got a 20k retention offer this June, so I'm now at 210k MRs that I've yet to use any of. Plan is to use them, in part, to buy biz class flights to Europe in Sept or Oct of 2024. I feel like I will not keep the Platinum after this year, but I suppose I'll reevaluate that next June.

ouch
https://thriftytraveler.com/news/credit-card/amex-platinum-card-negative-changes/
I noticed this morning (because I'm one of those people who reads terms) that audible was being dropped now this. oof
makes me think the delta rumors for next year are plausible now.
Looks like no sign up bonus for swab now too. Seems like its effective immediately.
The no SUB for Schwab or other versions of the Plat is sad. I was hoping to pick up that or a Resy Plat at some point.

The no SUB for Schwab or other versions of the Plat is sad. I was hoping to pick up that or a Resy Plat at some point.
yep, i guess whenever i get around to doing it all it will require is a product change. I did actually have a better MQM deal (was double the signup bonus) from delta to upgrade to the reserve but the miles it was less by about 1/3rd . since they were sky pesos anyways it didn't bother me too much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter