I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

That is my understanding of the current policy.
I saw alcohol, I didn't see anythign about perishables. I am going to have to look for this policy. I will be there in a month and will need perishables stored, since we don't arrive until 11:30

I saw it at the bottom of a blog posting about the alcohol policy change that happened 8/1.
https://www.kennythepirate.com/2023...licy-goes-into-effect-at-disney-world-hotels/
According to this pretty recent article - bell services will store perishables

https://orlandoparksguy.com/blog/grocery-delivery-disney-world
Do I have to be present when my order arrives?

No, your items will be delivered to the hotel’s bell desk and stored there until you come and get them. Items that need to be kept cold will be refrigerated.

Speaking of Amex Plat. I was about halfway thru my retention offer spend when I had an offer on my card that said if I spent $3000 in 90 days (or it was by a certain date in Novemnber, I'd have to go back and look), I'd get 3k extra MRs so I added to my card. I'm wondering if that last 1500 spent toward my retention offer would also count towards that 3k spend. If so, I'm pretty close to hitting the 3k and would probably go for it. I can't decide if I want to keep spending on my Amex Plat if I'm starting from 0 after hitting the retention offer. There's no language in the 'fine print' that I can see, but I doubt they'd list retention bonuses anywhere anyway.

Anyone have a guess?

Speaking of Amex Plat. I was about halfway thru my retention offer spend when I had an offer on my card that said if I spent $3000 in 90 days (or it was by a certain date in Novemnber, I'd have to go back and look), I'd get 3k extra MRs so I added to my card. I'm wondering if that last 1500 spent toward my retention offer would also count towards that 3k spend. If so, I'm pretty close to hitting the 3k and would probably go for it. I can't decide if I want to keep spending on my Amex Plat if I'm starting from 0 after hitting the retention offer. There's no language in the 'fine print' that I can see, but I doubt they'd list retention bonuses anywhere anyway.

Anyone have a guess?

Sure, it stacks.

ouch
https://thriftytraveler.com/news/credit-card/amex-platinum-card-negative-changes/
I noticed this morning (because I'm one of those people who reads terms) that audible was being dropped now this. oof
makes me think the delta rumors for next year are plausible now.
Looks like no sign up bonus for swab now too. Seems like its effective immediately.

The no SUB for Schwab or other versions of the Plat is sad. I was hoping to pick up that or a Resy Plat at some point.

I still see a SUB for the Schwab and MS plats. 80k for $6000 in 6 months.

Of all the ones to drop, not surprised it's Audibles as the value can be stored up. Glad I no longer have any personal plats.

According to this pretty recent article - bell services will store perishables

https://orlandoparksguy.com/blog/grocery-delivery-disney-world
Do I have to be present when my order arrives?

No, your items will be delivered to the hotel’s bell desk and stored there until you come and get them. Items that need to be kept cold will be refrigerated.
We were there over Memorial Day weekend, and they held perishables (milk, eggs, cheese, deli meats). There was a fee to deliver to your room, or you can pick it up yourself from bell services.

Of all the ones to drop, not surprised it's Audibles as the value can be stored up. Glad I no longer have any personal plats.
Not caught up on the latest changes yet, but wondering if I should up my timeline to get the Schwab? Was planning on triple dip timing but don't want to lose the SUB!

they upped it to 8k it seems on all offers. maybe that one has yet to update.

Not caught up on the latest changes yet, but wondering if I should up my timeline to get the Schwab? Was planning on triple dip timing but don't want to lose the SUB!

Assuming you have/had the vanilla plat, the issue will be the pop-up for having had the card.

Terms from the Thrifty Traveler link (with $8000 spend):
"You may not be eligible to receive a welcome offer if you have or have had this Card, the Platinum Card® from American Express Exclusively for Charles Schwab, the Platinum Card® from American Express Exclusively for Morgan Stanley or previous versions of these Cards."

Terms from first google search result (with $6000 spend):
"You may not be eligible to receive a welcome offer if you have or have had this Card or previous versions of this Card."

It's possible the pop-up is implemented differently with different application links, as we've seen from the DoC Hilton links. Also possible they're all subject to the new terms, you won't know until you try.

If it was me and I really wanted the card, I think I would try for it now in case all the links are updated to the more restrictive terms. If I didn't really care, then I'd take the chance and wait until triple dip season.

I have many of those 32 degree layering long sleeved tee's. They are also my basic layer in fall and winter. They also make the bottom pieces and summer short sleeve ones. Love them also.

Costco also sold a thin merino wool l/s sweater the last couple of years. I wore out the first one I bought because it was so comfortable. This past year I picked up more of them on the website in several colors. If I remember correctly it's branded as Katherine Barclay.
Chining in late on this, but I'm a big fan of Patagonia capeline shirts for both travel and hiking. https://www.patagonia.com/product/womens-capilene-cool-daily-shirt/45225.html?dwvar_45225_color=WHI I have both merino and capeline and much much prefer the latter--they're very soft/silky and cool. I probably have 20 of them :) The white and black short/long sleeve are great for travel as they can go under nice shirts/sweaters to protect them for multiple wears and add an additional layer of warmth. They roll/compact into almost nothing. I've worn them multiple days on long hikes and they basically never smell--even going to Everest base camp LOL. I even wear them at home with jeans under blazers, etc. They should give me money I recommend them so much.

Does anyone have the AA executive card? 100k miles seems nice but 10k spend is woof. Wondering if its worth it for a few upcoming AA flights.

Has this ever happened to anyone?

This morning I added a CVS offer for 10% up to $5 to three of my Chase cards.

I used one of the Chase cards to buy a $50 Disney card today. I just went into my Chase account and all three offers are missing. They are not in my added offers or "all" offers.

Has anyone ever had added offers disappear like this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter