I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Well, we got the worst case diagonosis for my dad:( I don't know that I have enough information yet to plan (trips to Naples, rescheduling planned vacations, etc.) And my homesick college freshman is taking the news really hard.
I’m sorry to hear about your dad

Well, we got the worst case diagonosis for my dad:( I don't know that I have enough information yet to plan (trips to Naples, rescheduling planned vacations, etc.) And my homesick college freshman is taking the news really hard.
Praying for you and your family 🙏

And the others that have followed. I've okayed them all and followed some back. Though I do have to laugh seeing I'm not the only one with 0 posts 🙂
Add me to the list of people who want to follow you and have 0 posts! I'm new the whole Instagram thing but it seems it's time for me to get on board.

I have a Southwest flight booked with a companion attached. I canceled the companion to change the flight because it dropped in price. I can't update the flight and get points back. All I can do is change to a different flight for the same price. There was a change to the flight number for the first leg but no other changes. If there's any change to the original flight does that completely remove the ability to change a flight if the price drops? Can I cancel and rebook at the lower price?

I have a Southwest flight booked with a companion attached. I canceled the companion to change the flight because it dropped in price. I can't update the flight and get points back. All I can do is change to a different flight for the same price. There was a change to the flight number for the first leg but no other changes. If there's any change to the original flight does that completely remove the ability to change a flight if the price drops? Can I cancel and rebook at the lower price?
If the price is lower now, yeah, why not just cancel and rebook to get the lower price? It's free cancellation, so no harm

Made it through customs quick but the nex machine didn't like my amex or MC so now I'm in another line and the train I'd like is in 19 min so we'll see. Glad I'll have JR pass to use for the return trip.

Also just used the amex at yamamoto to send a suitcase to Hilton Tokyo Bay. Sorry all you carry on only people I just can't do it.

The posts various places I've read about their low ac is real. Omg so warm.

Yes, any change that gives you a free move overrides the ability to rebook online for a lower price. You either need to call or cancel and rebook. Advantage to calling is your EBCI place will remain the same, and it could have been done without cancelling the companion.

Leaving for the airport in a bit. Going to post pics to instagram while I'm traveling if anyone wants to follow along. I figure after 5 years I should actually post a pic :rotfl2:

Following too.

I am so sorry. Keeping your family in my prayers.

After being denied for the Citi AAdvantage Platinum card a few weeks ago and their myriad of reasons I did a few things. I lowered my CL across all cards from all banks and closed a few as well. I let purchases hit the statement date and then paid off instead of paying before statement closing. Waited in a few inquiries fell off. Today, I decided to apply for the Citi AA executive card for the 100k AA miles and was approved with an absurdly high CL.

After being denied for the Citi AAdvantage Platinum card a few weeks ago and their myriad of reasons I did a few things. I lowered my CL across all cards from all banks and closed a few as well. I let purchases hit the statement date and then paid off instead of paying before statement closing. Waited in a few inquiries fell off. Today, I decided to apply for the Citi AA executive card for the 100k AA miles and was approved with an absurdly high CL.
Wow, and in only a few weeks those changes already have you a different result! I'm surprised it didn't take longer.

General question about "activity" on miles/points accounts (like hotels and airlines)

Does using/spending just a few points (e.g. using a few Hilton points towards an amazon purchase) count as "activity" or are they only talking about earning miles/points?

I have some orphan points here and there (Hilton, Marriot, etc) that aren't enough to redeem for a free night, but I could use a few of the Hilton ones toward an Amazon purchase (yes I know it's a terrible redemption) if it would keep my overall Hilton points from expiring.

If the price is lower now, yeah, why not just cancel and rebook to get the lower price? It's free cancellation, so no harm

Yes, any change that gives you a free move overrides the ability to rebook online for a lower price. You either need to call or cancel and rebook. Advantage to calling is your EBCI place will remain the same, and it could have been done without cancelling the companion.
Thanks to you both. I canceled and rebooked. I have one more question. From what I've read a companion can be booked as long as any seat is available. Even if it's at a higher rate. Is this true? If so it seems like the best course of action is to monitor the flight daily and see if it drops again in price. Then If I see it starting to fill up I can book the companion when I'm done changing for a lower rate. Would this work? I get that there is a risk of the entire flight selling out but I'm willing to accept that as I check at least once a day.

Thanks to you both. I canceled and rebooked. I have one more question. From what I've read a companion can be booked as long as any seat is available. Even if it's at a higher rate. Is this true? If so it seems like the best course of action is to monitor the flight daily and see if it drops again in price. Then If I see it starting to fill up I can book the companion when I'm done changing for a lower rate. Would this work? I get that there is a risk of the entire flight selling out but I'm willing to accept that as I check at least once a day.
Personally I would be too paranoid that I would miss it and it would sell out. If SW cancels another flight every empty seat on your flight might be taken to accommodate those passengers. I would book the companion now, and simply call to get any price drops to ensure I don't lose that spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter