• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

I have a couple of questions.

1. I was just accepted for the CSP. If I upgrade to the CSR in a year or so, will that affect my 5/24? I realize I won’t get the opening bonus.

2. I have several minor credit cards, all more than two years old. If the account is sold to another bank, and I’m issued a new credit card, will that affect my 5/24?

As always, many thanks.

I have a couple of questions.

1. I was just accepted for the CSP. If I upgrade to the CSR in a year or so, will that affect my 5/24? I realize I won’t get the opening bonus.

2. I have several minor credit cards, all more than two years old. If the account is sold to another bank, and I’m issued a new credit card, will that affect my 5/24?

As always, many thanks.
1. No

2. It shouldn’t. Once in a while they glitch but they should go on to fix that with the credit bureaus.

Is anyone going to do the SW Biz CP offer via support link that expires 9/4/23? I'm thinking of P2 doing it (I'm out since I already hold that SW Biz Premier card and the bonus was within the past 24 months), but want to get consensus on what the requested payment date should be. I see in Chase's online system that I can request a different payment date, but I can't request a statement close date. I'm thinking asking for a payment on the 23rd of the month should work to force a statement close on the 1st? One of my Inks has a closing date of the 1st with a payment due on the 23rd, another Ink has a closing date of the 3rd with payment due on the 25th. Maybe I should split the difference and ask for a payment date of the 24th leading to a closing date of the 2nd.

Last edited:
I just requested to follow you (I know very little about IG).

have fun!

And the others that have followed. I've okayed them all and followed some back. Though I do have to laugh seeing I'm not the only one with 0 posts 🙂

Lounge hopping from centurion to the club by my gate. The BA lounge my ticket gives me access to has bad reviews and they don't always let you in. Thought about trying alaska since tech a OW biz would get me in but didn't want to try.

And the others that have followed. I've okayed them all and followed some back. Though I do have to laugh seeing I'm not the only one with 0 posts 🙂

Lounge hopping from centurion to the club by my gate. The BA lounge my ticket gives me access to has bad reviews and they don't always let you in. Thought about trying alaska since tech a OW biz would get me in but didn't want to try.
I don't think I have ever posted either LOL

Thanks. Travel pics just brighten my day. :) I probably have too many photos on my insta but they make me happy. :rotfl:

I requested to follow you. I’m excited to see your pictures since we’ll be going in May!

Is anyone going to do the SW Biz CP offer via support link that expires 9/4/23? I'm thinking of P2 doing it (I'm out since I already hold that SW Biz Premier card and the bonus was within the past 24 months), but want to get consensus on what the requested payment date should be. I see in Chase's online system that I can request a different payment date, but I can't request a statement close date. I'm thinking asking for a payment on the 23rd of the month should work to force a statement close on the 1st? One of my Inks has a closing date of the 1st with a payment due on the 23rd, another Ink has a closing date of the 3rd with payment due on the 25th. Maybe I should split the difference and ask for a payment date of the 24th leading to a closing date of the 2nd.
When I had my SW biz card it actually followed personal card rules, meaning 3 days between payment and close dates vs the 6 that Inks use.

So that might backfire and make it within the same month. I'd try for the 28 with the understanding that they don't close between 29-31 of the month. That should give you at least the 1st if things haven't changed.

My SW business card closes 3 days after the due date, unlike my ink that closes 6 days after the due date. So I’d request the 29th

When I had my SW biz card it actually followed personal card rules, meaning 3 days between payment and close dates vs the 6 that Inks use.

So that might backfire and make it within the same month. I'd try for the 28 with the understanding that they don't close between 29-31 of the month. That should give you at least the 1st if things haven't changed.
Thank you!! That was just the info I was looking for. And - doh! - I have a SW Biz card so I totally could have looked at my statements for that one (I'm still old school and I use color coded folders for credit cards, but I had run out of the color that I use for Chase cards so I missed that card because it was in a plain manilla folder :rolleyes2) and my statements corroborate your 3 day separation on your SW Biz card. I will try changing the payment date to the 28th on my SW Biz and see what ends up happening so that I know what to expect when P2 applies on 9/4, although I probably won't know by then when my new closing date will be.
My SW business card closes 3 days after the due date, unlike my ink that closes 6 days after the due date. So I’d request the 29th
Thanks for your SW Biz DP too! On Chase's website, the last day I can request a payment due date is the 28th so that's what I'll do and keep my fingers crossed.

Well, we got the worst case diagonosis for my dad:( I don't know that I have enough information yet to plan (trips to Naples, rescheduling planned vacations, etc.) And my homesick college freshman is taking the news really hard.

I know the shoes you are in WAY too well :( I'm so sorry. A year later, and I still struggle so many days. Especially since back to school time is the anniversary of everything starting.

Thank you!! That was just the info I was looking for. And - doh! - I have a SW Biz card so I totally could have looked at my statements for that one (I'm still old school and I use color coded folders for credit cards, but I had run out of the color that I use for Chase cards so I missed that card because it was in a plain manilla folder :rolleyes2) and my statements corroborate your 3 day separation on your SW Biz card. I will try changing the payment date to the 28th on my SW Biz and see what ends up happening so that I know what to expect when P2 applies on 9/4, although I probably won't know by then when my new closing date will be.

Thanks for your SW Biz DP too! On Chase's website, the last day I can request a payment due date is the 28th so that's what I'll do and keep my fingers crossed.
I was looking for this information, too! Likewise, I'm having P2 apply on 9/4 since I've had the card within 24 months. Hopefully he'll get it, hasn't had a Chase card (CIU) since March. But we do have a balance on that CIU, hopefully that won't matter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter