I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

About 2 weeks ago I got another INK - referred from DH. His account still does not show the 40,000 Referral points even pending. Is this normal for them now? Just wondering if it is too soon to SM them about this?
I'm in the same timeframe as you, and don't see pending points either. I'm not worried about it, in the past when I've checked on Thursdays (instead of the common wisdom of Tuesdays) I've seen points pending. But for sure you want to keep an eye on it. Last year I let a couple months go by before I reached out to Chase for the support link URs and Chase took care of it speedily.

Anyone having issues with SW site? I was able to modify my MCO trip an hour or so ago, but now I realized a return flight from Vegas in Dec is also a great point value (we were vacillating on what itinerary/carrier we wanted) and it asked me to log in again and now it just keeps saying it can't currently process my request (login).
Me!! I was able to update my companion on one flight, but I haven't been able to get back in for the other - I've been trying on my laptop and phone, no luck just yet!

Me!! I was able to update my companion on one flight, but I haven't been able to get back in for the other - I've been trying on my laptop and phone, no luck just yet!

Ok -- I guess they are getting slammed due to the sale? I was just about to try the app, but I've got other things I should be doing, so maybe I'll just try later. The last msg said to call for service, but I imagine that's slammed too. Just hoping the sale seats are still available after the issue is resolved!

Since everyone is so smart here, maybe I'll throw this out, off topic. We have AT&T for cell phones and get terrible phone call reception at our house. Is there anything that can be done about it? Is there a way to boost the signal or something? We have iphones...
Are you able to use WiFi calling with your iPhones? At our old place we had terrible reception with TMobile. That's putting it lightly, there was just no signal. But we would turn our phones on airplane mode and turn on WiFi. There's a setting to enable WiFi calling (Android phones, but I assume iPhones have this feature as well). Then it was great. We still do that in our new place even though we have cell service just to limit radiation form having our phones in our pockets and also to save battery.

Ok -- I guess they are getting slammed due to the sale? I was just about to try the app, but I've got other things I should be doing, so maybe I'll just try later. The last msg said to call for service, but I imagine that's slammed too. Just hoping the sale seats are still available after the issue is resolved!
They have a notice about it on the website….it’s affecting the app also

Spring rates now do look high. I just had a Swan room in Sept for something like 43,000 pts, and last Dec was able to use 2 - 35,000 FNCs + some points there. Sometimes point values drop as you get closer. You can absolutely use the 50,000 FNCs on lower priced nights and pay for others, would need separate reservations to do it I think. Don't forget to keep checking after you book, you can modify if the points value or cash price drops.
Excellent, thanks for the info

Spring rates now do look high. I just had a Swan room in Sept for something like 43,000 pts, and last Dec was able to use 2 - 35,000 FNCs + some points there. Sometimes point values drop as you get closer. You can absolutely use the 50,000 FNCs on lower priced nights and pay for others, would need separate reservations to do it I think. Don't forget to keep checking after you book, you can modify if the points value or cash price drops.
Great info, thanks:)

I like the SW Performance card. But I do enjoy the upgraded boarding a lot. I wish it came with more of those! We also each have a personal Priority card so a total of 12 upgraded boarding per year, and even though we only use them for one of us at a time (saving a seat for the other), we don't have enough! I guess we fly SW a lot. Lol.

Then there's the reimbursement for the fee SW charges for point transfers. I used that a few times the last year. The free Internet is not crucial but nice. All those benefits make the card pay for itself for us, but then there's the anniversary points on top of it all. Now, if you don't have use for those benefits then no need to keep the card.
I have enjoyed having the card this past year. We really only fly 3-4 times a year, but I only purchase Anytime fares now, since WGA + EBCI hardly seems worth it anymore. I would do WGA with the intention of using my upgrade benefits, but I am a worrier and if upgrading wasn't available at 24 hours I would probably panic if I was in the B group. :o

I haven't needed to transfer points yet, although I could see why it would be a nice feature. DH has 20k RR points sitting in his account. It does make sense to transfer some of mine to him so we could book a flight on points. I sit there every flight and pay for the $8 Wi-Fi on my phone and DH's phone when it works - he has a Samsung phone and most of the time he can't watch the free movies or get the Wi-Fi to work. I am not sure what's the deal with that, I have a iPhone and have never had an issue. Honestly, I only watch the free movies and don't necessarily need the Wi-Fi or use it, I just do it because it's free.

Talking this out, I will probably just cancel it and keep the personal one, since it has a lot of the same benefits and a lower AF.

Question about Marriott Points. I booked 4 rooms on 4 separate reservation numbers for my coworkers for a conference at the Opryland hotel, which was 9/13-9/17, booked using a conference rate code. I booked them all under my Marriott account and my name was on each reservation, even though I didn't physically go to the conference. I checked them all in online before they arrived since I wasn't there. I have only earned points for 1 of the 4 reservations. Will I be credited for the other 3 bookings? Should I file a missing credit request form for each of them that didn't credit, or is that a waste of time or a red flag in any way?

How does priority pass work on restaurants? I have mine through CSR so I can use the benefit at restaurants. Can I have one guest or two? I know I can have two guests in the lounge. If it is just one guest and it is then up to $56. Will they have an issue with 3 people eating up to $56 worth of food?

Question about Marriott Points. I booked 4 rooms on 4 separate reservation numbers for my coworkers for a conference at the Opryland hotel, which was 9/13-9/17, booked using a conference rate code. I booked them all under my Marriott account and my name was on each reservation, even though I didn't physically go to the conference. I checked them all in online before they arrived since I wasn't there. I have only earned points for 1 of the 4 reservations. Will I be credited for the other 3 bookings? Should I file a missing credit request form for each of them that didn't credit, or is that a waste of time or a red flag in any way?
Here’s what is on the Marriott website.
  • Marriott Bonvoy® Members can earn Marriott Bonvoy® Points on the Qualifying Charges for up to three Rooms (if the Member stays in one of the reserved Guest Rooms and pays a Qualifying Rate or redeems a Points Redemption Award or a Promotional Award for all of the Guest Rooms.)
seems like you should get credit 2 more unless the conference rate isn’t a qualifying rate. I could not find the definition of a qualifying rate.

Same here. I noticed my pin said that it was good until 10/23/2023, so I'm thinking this probably won't work for the discount. I think the PIN is just to use if I'm planning to port the number and they are giving the code 30 days worth of use before it's not longer valid. Hope that's wrong.

I actually just started to consider using Mint Mobile (or something similar), but you have to have an unlocked phone to use that service (at least from what I could tell). We have verizon phones, so that would be a (large) additional cost to start saving money. So I'll table that for now.
Verizon unlocks the phone automagically at 60 days from purchase, even if you're still paying for it. It does make the balance due immediately. I'm planning on doing this next Sunday for our three lines and porting them to Total by Verizon. My phone and my son's phone are paid off but my wife's is one year into a three year payment plan. Did the math and we'll save $80/month, so after six months we'll be ahead.
Since everyone is so smart here, maybe I'll throw this out, off topic. We have AT&T for cell phones and get terrible phone call reception at our house. Is there anything that can be done about it? Is there a way to boost the signal or something? We have iphones...
There used to be signal boosters that the companies would give you if you had bad reception in the house. Don't know if they are still a thing but I had one with Sprint a decade ago.

DH just informed me that he can't take off 2.5 weeks for Africa. Which sucks because now we have 190K Avios stuck and we'll need to pay $100 to cancel our Qatar flights. I'm not going to make any changes just yet until he's 100% sure he can't take the time off. But I'm so upset because everything had worked out perfectly.
I'm really sorry. I hope he ends up being able to take the time off. I have a tough time booking trips with my DH's work schedule as well.

Verizon unlocks the phone automagically at 60 days from purchase, even if you're still paying for it. It does make the balance due immediately. I'm planning on doing this next Sunday for our three lines and porting them to Total by Verizon. My phone and my son's phone are paid off but my wife's is one year into a three year payment plan. Did the math and we'll save $80/month, so after six months we'll be ahead.

There used to be signal boosters that the companies would give you if you had bad reception in the house. Don't know if they are still a thing but I had one with Sprint a decade ago.
We have a cell booster in our house with T-Mobile

I know that several of us have mentioned on here that the May/June flights to Europe are crazy expensive. I am working on rescheduling a 2020 cancelled trip to Italy. I just thought I would share the differences between 2020 and 2024, both years were booked in September so not when the flights were released. It is crazy!!

2020 - Delta flight cost for 4 tickets (2 in EC, 2 in Economy that were upgraded to EC) was slightly over $4K. I used 245K Delta points (through the 2X Delta Vacation promo so that includes hotel), $500 Delta gift cards from the Hilton Aspire and AmEx Platinum, $83 cash booked on CSR.

2024 - Delta flight cost for 4 tickets (all 4 in economy, but 2 will be upgraded to EC) is slightly over $10K. To book both segments on Delta in economy would be 620K Delta points. I am currently looking at flying over on Delta and back on United which will lower the Delta points to 390K, but then I still need 120K United points. The taxes will be $250. We always sit near the front in Delta, so switching to United is going to be hard for my DH.

I told the girls that this trip is so expensive that it will be our last! Okay, we all know that isn't true. We typically only sign up for 1 or 2 cards each year, but that will have to increase. I also need to start paying more attention to the AA chatter since Delta has blown up their system and AA has good flight times from our airport.

Here’s what is on the Marriott website.
  • Marriott Bonvoy® Members can earn Marriott Bonvoy® Points on the Qualifying Charges for up to three Rooms (if the Member stays in one of the reserved Guest Rooms and pays a Qualifying Rate or redeems a Points Redemption Award or a Promotional Award for all of the Guest Rooms.)
seems like you should get credit 2 more unless the conference rate isn’t a qualifying rate. I could not find the definition of a qualifying rate.
Thanks for that info. I will give it a couple more days and then maybe file the missing points form. All they can do is say no I guess. If they gave me credit for one of them, it seems they would for the other 2 since they were all booked the same way. I didn’t actually go to the conference, but my credit card was used for all the room charges, had my name on each reservation and did the online check in on my Marriott app, which had the room key feature. So as far as they know, I was there.

I know that several of us have mentioned on here that the May/June flights to Europe are crazy expensive. I am working on rescheduling a 2020 cancelled trip to Italy. I just thought I would share the differences between 2020 and 2024, both years were booked in September so not when the flights were released. It is crazy!!

2020 - Delta flight cost for 4 tickets (2 in EC, 2 in Economy that were upgraded to EC) was slightly over $4K. I used 245K Delta points (through the 2X Delta Vacation promo so that includes hotel), $500 Delta gift cards from the Hilton Aspire and AmEx Platinum, $83 cash booked on CSR.

2024 - Delta flight cost for 4 tickets (all 4 in economy, but 2 will be upgraded to EC) is slightly over $10K. To book both segments on Delta in economy would be 620K Delta points. I am currently looking at flying over on Delta and back on United which will lower the Delta points to 390K, but then I still need 120K United points. The taxes will be $250. We always sit near the front in Delta, so switching to United is going to be hard for my DH.

I told the girls that this trip is so expensive that it will be our last! Okay, we all know that isn't true. We typically only sign up for 1 or 2 cards each year, but that will have to increase. I also need to start paying more attention to the AA chatter since Delta has blown up their system and AA has good flight times from our airport.
Please do not pay 100k for ow, Delta economy flights plus taxes/fees. $2500 pp for economy? No, just no. You could get 4 trips for these prices.

DH just informed me that he can't take off 2.5 weeks for Africa. Which sucks because now we have 190K Avios stuck and we'll need to pay $100 to cancel our Qatar flights. I'm not going to make any changes just yet until he's 100% sure he can't take the time off. But I'm so upset because everything had worked out perfectly.

Can you shorten the trip to a time period he could take off?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter