I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Since everyone is so smart here, maybe I'll throw this out, off topic. We have AT&T for cell phones and get terrible phone call reception at our house. Is there anything that can be done about it? Is there a way to boost the signal or something? We have iphones...
We switched from Verizon to T-Mobile for the cheaper rates and discounts on new iPhones. The T-Mobile reception is terrible here. As others have mentioned, we also have to turn off cellular and use wifi to make calls. When we complain, the T-Mobile reps say that our location shows strong 5G signal!

Does anyone here know how to get a signal booster or if there's a way to switch back to Verizon without forfeiting our current phone discounts?

Also, when or how do our iPhones get unlocked?

Same here. I noticed my pin said that it was good until 10/23/2023, so I'm thinking this probably won't work for the discount. I think the PIN is just to use if I'm planning to port the number and they are giving the code 30 days worth of use before it's not longer valid. Hope that's wrong.

I actually just started to consider using Mint Mobile (or something similar), but you have to have an unlocked phone to use that service (at least from what I could tell). We have verizon phones, so that would be a (large) additional cost to start saving money. So I'll table that for now.
An update…success party: had an email overnight they are giving the $10 per line discount for being a loyal customer for 12 months….

This happened to me in January. Annoying. DH and I go back and forth each year on who has the spectrum account so that we get the new customer rate ($50 per month in my area), which increases after a year. So at least we're getting the lowest rate possible that way. But by next year we're hoping Lumos will be done installing fiber in our area and we'll switch to them and get improved service, even if it's more expensive.

So glad to hear we're not the only ones who do this. We switch our Comcast every summer to keep the intro rate. When we've mentioned it to friends who complain about how expensive it's gotten, they often look at us like we're bonkers. Yes, it is annoying having to drop off the cable box and get a new one, but the savings is significant, too.

So glad to hear we're not the only ones who do this. We switch our Comcast every summer to keep the intro rate. When we've mentioned it to friends who complain about how expensive it's gotten, they often look at us like we're bonkers. Yes, it is annoying having to drop off the cable box and get a new one, but the savings is significant, too.
We only have Internet, no cable, so no cable box to drop off. We have our own modem and router so don't need any equipment. So even easier, one of us disconnects online and soon after the other calls to start service. The annoying part is that we may be without Internet for a couple of hours but it's worth the $180 yearly savings!

Our friends also can't be bothered...

Since everyone is so smart here, maybe I'll throw this out, off topic. We have AT&T for cell phones and get terrible phone call reception at our house. Is there anything that can be done about it? Is there a way to boost the signal or something? We have iphones...
Yes, they'll provide you a signal booster. We were asked if we wanted to switch to AT&T but I told them no because of the terrible service in our home (my family has AT&T and they didn't get service in our house), they offered a booster.

Same here. I noticed my pin said that it was good until 10/23/2023, so I'm thinking this probably won't work for the discount. I think the PIN is just to use if I'm planning to port the number and they are giving the code 30 days worth of use before it's not longer valid. Hope that's wrong.

Quoting myself. Got a text from Verizon this morning saying I’m getting the $10 off per line lol. I guess just the action of generating the port code makes them think we’re considering moving!

Says it can 1-2 months before it hits bill.

I'm in the same timeframe as you, and don't see pending points either. I'm not worried about it, in the past when I've checked on Thursdays (instead of the common wisdom of Tuesdays) I've seen points pending. But for sure you want to keep an eye on it. Last year I let a couple months go by before I reached out to Chase for the support link URs and Chase took care of it speedily.
I spoke too soon.. Just logged on and they are now showing pending. Yeah!!

Random question of the day...what's more "valuable" to you-240k Hilton points or 120k IHG points? I'm looking at a short Disney stay, wwyd?

I value Hilton at .007 x 240k= $1680
I value IHG at .005 x 120k= $600

So I would compare the cash rates of the different properties and ensure you're at least getting that value.
oh yes, that makes sense. thanks for the comparison

Got DH to go on the Verizon app, apparently all our numbers were already unlocked, but he generated the code so we'll see. Encouraged to see the success, we have 4 lines and have been with Verizon a long time.

We have 3 lines but a 4th is my apple watch. That's only $10 a month (maybe it's gone up, but that was it originally) so curious if that's considered a "line" for these purposes. But the trick worked because I won't bother trying to think about Mint if I'm saving $30-$40 a month. Maybe in the future.

I know that there are a number of people here with Verizon, so I’m sharing this (from Slickdeals) - a very easy way to save $10/month per line for the next 12 months:

1. Open your My Verizon app.
2. Click on the Account icon at the bottom of the app.
3. Towards the top, it says "Hi (Your Name)" Click on the "Edit Profile and Settings" link underneath that.
4. On the Account Settings screen, scroll down to the Security section and click Number Lock.
5. On the Number Lock screen, turn off the Number Lock for each line. This enables other carriers to port out your line.
6. Go back to the Account Settings screen and click on Number Transfer Pin.
7. Generate a Number Transfer Pin. Since I already did it, I can't do it again right now in order to give you step-by-step directions. It was easy. You can figure it out.

And that's it. Wait a day or two and see if Verizon decides you are also a loyal customer worth giving a $10.00 per line loyalty discount for 12 months. YMMV.

Note: After a few days, go back into the app and turn Number Lock back on, so nefarious characters can't try to port out your phone number without your consent.
Thank you. Just got a text with the 10 per month discount. $240 I can spend on travel!

We only have Internet, no cable, so no cable box to drop off. We have our own modem and router so don't need any equipment. So even easier, one of us disconnects online and soon after the other calls to start service. The annoying part is that we may be without Internet for a couple of hours but it's worth the $180 yearly savings!

Our friends also can't be bothered...
We're in a weird area where the lowest cable/internet bundle is cheaper than the internet alone, so we do it together. That said, the place is around the corner from Hubby's work and we don't mind if we don't have the box for a couple of days, so it's not that big of a deal to do the drop off.

The loss of connectivity for the hour or two between service is annoying but I'm totally with you that the savings is worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter