I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Major fail. Went to use one of dh's SWUs for a trip to Paris / Amsterdam next spring and the 2 he had expired on March 26 :scared:.

On another note, I was searching for a hotel in Tokyo for 2 nights in September and stumbled across the Muji Hotel, which sits atop the 6 story Muji store in Ginza. It looks perfect me and is, for Tokyo, well-priced. Excited to give it a try.

What's tasty out there? Need a new SUB.

3/24
Chase SW RR Plus
Citi AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard
Barclays AAdvantage® Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard

I haven't hit the Inks as hard as others, but I have had 3 in the past year, the last on 12/29. Prefer a biz card but open to the right personal.

What's tasty out there? Need a new SUB.

3/24
Chase SW RR Plus
Citi AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard
Barclays AAdvantage® Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard

I haven't hit the Inks as hard as others, but I have had 3 in the past year, the last on 12/29. Prefer a biz card but open to the right personal.
I’d go for another Ink…just check your total Chase CLs vs 50% of income or 80k ish

DP, just referred P2 for an Ink. instant approval for CBC with 5k limit. his last one was about 6 months ago.

My UR balance is so low, need something! the offer is 3k in 3 mos or 6k in 6 months for the 75k. easy!

also, I did get the 90k (extra 15k) for my last Ink. that's only 3 months old so probably going to wait another month or so.

wonder if I can expedite his. paying for rehearsal dinner Friday night!

DP, just referred P2 for an Ink. instant approval for CBC with 5k limit. his last one was about 6 months ago.

My UR balance is so low, need something! the offer is 3k in 3 mos or 6k in 6 months for the 75k. easy!

also, I did get the 90k (extra 15k) for my last Ink. that's only 3 months old so probably going to wait another month or so.

wonder if I can expedite his. paying for rehearsal dinner Friday night!
Congrats party: On the approval, does he have any other Chase business cards open other than the one six months ago.
he could call or SM chase and ask to have the card expedited

I booked a rental car through JetBlue Paisly and now I’m wondering if I should

A) pay for it with my JetBlue card (any benefit to keeping this within my JetBlue membership? Earns only 1 point per $ spent)

B) pay for it with my CSR card (3 points per $)

Or

C) have hubby use his card for rental insurance reasons. He is listed as the primary driver on the reservation and would not be covered under my cards. We’d have to get insurance through the rental company if we used my cards to pay.

Any opinions?

Thanks for the advice on the next card. I'm mulling between churning the IHG premier biz or another Ink. My FNC recently posted, I just SM'd to cancel the card and I'll be bonus eligible again in about 30 days. So that will give me time to decide between the two. In the meantime, I scooped up the Citi AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard for 75k AA pts for DH.

When I logged into my own Citi account, I had an offer for 5x points on eligible "online purchases" so I might try to rack up some additional AA points that way, as well.

Last edited:
I booked a rental car through JetBlue Paisly and now I’m wondering if I should

A) pay for it with my JetBlue card (any benefit to keeping this within my JetBlue membership? Earns only 1 point per $ spent)

B) pay for it with my CSR card (3 points per $)

Or

C) have hubby use his card for rental insurance reasons. He is listed as the primary driver on the reservation and would not be covered under my cards. We’d have to get insurance through the rental company if we used my cards to pay.

Any opinions?

The primary driver needs to use a cc in their name. You could make yourself primary and use your CSR. Make your DH an additional driver and he would be covered.

Thanks for the advice on the next card. I'm mulling between churning the IHG premier biz or another Ink. My FNC recently posted, I just SM'd to cancel the card and I'll be bonus eligible again in about 30 days. So that will give me time to decide between the two. In the meantime, I scooped up the Citi AAdvantage® Platinum Select® World Elite Mastercard for 75k AA pts for DH.

When I logged into my own Citi account, I had an offer for 5x points on eligible "online purchases" so I might try to rack up some additional AA points that way, as well.

View attachment 851555
jealous no cap too? All I get is a loan that Ill never take.

I have this offer and I’ve used it already on things like 1800petmeds, chewy, dsw, and walmart .com purchases and they all got 5x points. As long as it codes as “online” I believe it qualifies.

I used dd's referral to apply for a CIU and received the below message. I've never received this before -- is it a denial? Last approval was November, 2023 and I haven't applied for any new cards since then.

Please see status and next steps below:​

Application status
In review

Next steps
We'll let you know our decision in writing as soon as we can. Our email or letter will include instructions on how to provide additional information or documentation if needed.

Please don't resubmit your application.​

Last edited:
My mom has her Platinum card so I am now working on downgrading my dad's to green. Then I need to close his gold card (membership fee just posted). So I was chatting as my dad which is all kinds of wrong. At the end they thanked him for his 52 years of membership. Ugh. I miss him so much.

Instant approval for DH for CIP. I had applied for myself first and forgot to unfreeze Experian so that went pending- I'll have to call tomorrow. But I was inpatient wanting to know I had an MSR so went ahead and did an app for DH. Happy to see the instant approval with recent reports of denials due to too many credit lines and too much available credit. Some DP- He already had 3 CIC and 1 CIU. Most recent card was SW biz in Dec. Also had closed a CIC about a month ago. I would've loved another CIC because I like completing MSR with the Staples Visa/MC gc for all the extra URs, but with 3 already open I felt like I needed to try for a different card. Don't know if that made a difference or not. We'll see what happens when I call tomorrow about mine because I went for another CIC.

DH wants to open a business card. He has a small analytics consulting business on the side, with not many expenses other than internet and cell phone service, and the occasional lunch/dinner meeting. No work-related travel (yet), but we often use Hyatt hotels when we travel.

He's currently at 2/24, with a very recently opened AMEX that he needs to meet MSR for.

What's the best option for his first business card?

He'd also like to PC his Chase Slate for a FF. Will that affect his count? Can that be done over chat or does he need to call?

Thanks!!

Yesterday morning we flew out of Atlanta and the line for TSA precheck was insane. They had it off to the side with Clear. Both had huge lines but I’ve never seen precheck that long before. We heard a lot of people complaining about how it doesn’t work if everyone has precheck. I convinced dh to leave the line and go back to the general security line. There ended up being another smaller precheck line right there by the general security and it went much faster.

Our gate was in the D concourse but we decided to go to F to use The Club with our priority passes. It was pretty small and we were lucky to find chairs for the 3 of us. The food was meh but we were happy to be away from the crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter