I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I paid off my Citi Prestige today and the statement closes Friday. Can't wait until next week when I see those 88,000 ThankYou points!!

Now that that MS is completed, I'm puzzling over my next move. I have a $2000 bill due in December, so I'm debating Amex Delta Gold (50,000 skymiles with 2K) spend. According to DOC, it's the highest bonus offered (and another 10, 000 miles with another 1K spend over 6 months). I'm wayover/24 so no Chase cards and have no legit (or illegit :rolleyes1) businesses...anything better out there in y'alls opinion?

Interesting. I haven't had a CSP in years, so I don't think I have an account to transfer to, I guess I could just log in to her account? Would the 50000 be lost if she downgraded, or would it be better to just transfer them out to a partner? (I assume that is an option)?

The points can be transferred to any household account that has an UR earning card. What UR earning cards do you have? If you downgraded (or product changed) the card to a Freedom or Freedom unlimited, the points would not be lost but they would just be cash back rather than points you could use for travel. Transferring to a partner is certainly an option as long as you have a use for them.

The points can be transferred to any household account that has an UR earning card. What UR earning cards do you have? If you downgraded (or product changed) the card to a Freedom or Freedom unlimited, the points would not be lost but they would just be cash back rather than points you could use for travel. Transferring to a partner is certainly an option as long as you have a use for them.

ive read that you can always hop back up to a sapphire though.

I know it’s blasphemy but I do not have any UR earning cards. The only one I ever had was the CSP several years back.

I know it’s blasphemy but I do not have any UR earning cards. The only one I ever had was the CSP several years back.

I don't personally have any right now either. I'm in churn and wait mode. My DH still has a Freedom but that's it for right now. So you're not alone.

coincidence. my last 4 of my cc is my bday. my last 4 security code is my dads ssn number. should I request a change of number? haha

Well, you can still use the 50k points but they would just be cashback on the Freedom or Freedom unlimited after you product changed. Or as @Albort suggested, you could product change to a Sapphire no fee card. My aunt just did this with her CSP last week as it was only about 6 mos old but she wants to product change to a Freedom sooner.

Getting caught up from my 4 day blissful blackout Internet and TV use... and I have to say I'm surprisingly PUMPED for the new Uber credit card. It actually doesn't have much to do with Uber at all (I don't even use the service much). It's cashback, no AF and the earn rates are impressive. 4% back on dining, including international! Issued by Barclays. I'll probably try for this when apps open next week. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/uber...erything-else-100-signup-bonus-no-annual-fee/

Getting caught up from my 4 day blissful blackout Internet and TV use... and I have to say I'm surprisingly PUMPED for the new Uber credit card. It actually doesn't have much to do with Uber at all (I don't even use the service much). It's cashback, no AF and the earn rates are impressive. 4% back on dining, including international! Issued by Barclays. I'll probably try for this when apps open next week. https://www.doctorofcredit.com/uber...erything-else-100-signup-bonus-no-annual-fee/

Wow! 4% on dining is impressive. I'm going to add this to the rotation.

Sorry, I know this has been asked many times before but just to clarify - Chase 2/30 rule says that you can only have 2 applications every 30 days or else you’ll automatically be rejected. Is that only Chase applications or other banks too? Thanks!

Like gottalovepluto mentioned, I used multiple orders to use the AMEX offer on as many cards as I could. I didn't try calling UT though. And I think I used the Mousesavers newsletter link to access UT for the extra little discount.

So I have the offer available on multiple cards, but am new to these offers. What is the trick to using it multiple times? Do I first add the offer to each card, and then go to UT and buy one ticket at a time with each card? I thought there was some wording in the Amex site where you can only add the offer to one card - I'm guessing there's a loop hole, but I want to do it correctly so I get the offer multiple times vs. messing everything up and finding out I didn't even get the offer once.

Sorry, I know this has been asked many times before but just to clarify - Chase 2/30 rule says that you can only have 2 applications every 30 days or else you’ll automatically be rejected. Is that only Chase applications or other banks too? Thanks!

Welcome back! Haven't seen you here in a while.

The 2/30 (or 0/30, 1/30) rule refers to Chase applications only. Chase will likely only approve you for a personal card if you've had no more than 2 Chase applications in the last 30 days, and won't approve you for a Chase business card if you've applied for another Chase card in the last 30 days.

So I have the offer available on multiple cards, but am new to these offers. What is the trick to using it multiple times? Do I first add the offer to each card, and then go to UT and buy one ticket at a time with each card? I thought there was some wording in the Amex site where you can only add the offer to one card - I'm guessing there's a loop hole, but I want to do it correctly so I get the offer multiple times vs. messing everything up and finding out I didn't even get the offer once.
Open up each card in it's own separate tab and add the offer. If you add it to one card and then use the switch accounts button, it will be gone from your other cards. Last time we used the UT offer we were buying 2 Disney tickets and 2 Universal tickets, so we got the offer on 4 different cards and ordered one ticket on each card.

Open up each card in it's own separate tab and add the offer. If you add it to one card and then use the switch accounts button, it will be gone from your other cards. Last time we used the UT offer we were buying 2 Disney tickets and 2 Universal tickets, so we got the offer on 4 different cards and ordered one ticket on each card.

Thank you! We are going to Disney in December and looking to go to Universal for the day - looking to buy 3 one day park hopper tickets to Universal - will be nice to get $20 off of each ticket rather than just one through UT.

Thank you! We are going to Disney in December and looking to go to Universal for the day - looking to buy 3 one day park hopper tickets to Universal - will be nice to get $20 off of each ticket rather than just one through UT.
We ordered our US tickets first - one after the other, and then a few days later did the same with the Disney tickets (though they were technically for family and on their AMEX cards). They actually shipped the Disney tickets together :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter