IMPORTANT - 11/30 MAGIC CRUISE HAS BEEN CANCELLED (11/30 Cruisers Discuss Here)

Originally posted by eyesetc
I will gladly give up our two 12-7-02 rooms for any 11-30 cruisers who got cancelled, if Disney is offering the 12-7 people refunds. Just to be on the safe side, I'll book on the Carnival Pride that leaves the same time and port as the Magic. From what I understand of the HAL, people are still getting sick even after a 10 day lay-off and cleaning. I'll take my chances next year.

that is really nice of you to offer, maybe you should call disney and tell them you are willing to do that. I did want to tell you though the HAL ship Amsterdam is still at dock being cleaned it will not sail until the first of December.

I sure hope they can find everyone who has already left their homes for the cruise in time. I am sure the news media will be all over it.

I am guessing that the HAL lawsuit announcement *might* have had something to do with Disney's decision to cancel. I feel awful for the 11/30 cruisers but I think Disney did the right thing - I hope this kills the virus! :rolleyes:

Walter, I called and spoke to DCL directly and they ASSURED me there are no plans to cancel our cruise. Also if you have a cell number or way of being reached let DU know, they will definitely contact you should anything change.

My thoughts are with all of you who were to sail on 11/30 . Being on the 12/14 Magic I know how heartbroken we would be if our cruise is cancelled after all this planning.

While I believe this was the appropriate and responsible course of action, I am so very sorry for all the 11/30 travelers.

Hopefully Disney can help make an alternate arrangement for each of you and your families.

Let us all hope that this solves the problem.

(decloaks again)

Just got to thinking,what about the people that are already in Florida and have no clue what happened.Where do they go now

(recloaks)

While I believe this was the appropriate and responsible course of action, I am so very sorry for all the 11/30 travelers.

Hopefully Disney can help make an alternate arrangement for each of you and your families.

Let us all hope that this solves the problem.

Go figure minutes after I say that im going-- and made up my mind they canceled-- and only 20 mins before I was to fly away... ughh the wife is already down there..... and I cant reach her!!!! guhhhhhhhhhhhhh

well good luck to the 12/7'rs Im rooting for you all!!! I think the rum will be flowing at my house tonight non the less!!!!

Well, I guess this is irrelevant considering that they cancelled the 11/30 sailing, but my DH mentioned something that he wonders if the CDC had investigated. He wants to know where the guests who were the FIRST to get sick on these last two Magic cruises spent the night BEFORE their cruise. It seems that the virus is being carried onto the ship by passengers, then spreading from guest to guest. That would explain why all the cleaning stem to stern has not eliminated the virus.

If all the first guests to get sick shared the same hotel/restaurant the night before, my DH thinks the virus is at that location and will keep showing up on cruises until it is eliminated at the source. If that's the case, even taking the Magic offline for a week won't solve the problem.

Note: My DH has never cruised DCL and never visits the DIS board. He "forced" me to post this! Sorry . . .

My heart goes out to all those affected by Disney's announcement to cancel this weeks 7 day cruise. Rest assured that Disney will make good for those affected. Just remember they are the industry leaders in retaining and maintaining customers and they are not about to change now.

Lyndon Girvin

I just have to say this...

I love how everyone is now on this board sayin that Disney did the right thing in cancelling and yadayadayada, however, as late as last nite, people were flaming us 11/30 cruisers for being somewhat concerned for ourselves, our children and the possibility of a cancellation. We were made to feel like fools and over reactive idiots.

Anyway, perhaps it's bitter grapes and the fact that I have to tell my son that he is not going on the "Mickey Mouse" boat, but I felt that this had to be said.

Lori

webmaster michelle......what happens to all the Magic crew onboard? Do they stay onboard in port, or will DCL put them up somewhere local? Just curious. I know many are so very far from home. What will they do for a week????

Good luck to all the 11/30 cruisers....hope you find alternate travel plans and more importantly.....peace of mind!

MJ

Kudos to you Lori

It was the attacks on people like you that made me stop lurking and stand with your argument.

I'm so sorry that you have to break the news.

I'd sail with you anyday.

MJ, what I have heard is that all crew will be off the ship for whatever sanitation process they will be using. I'm sure DCL will take good care of them.

Lori, I do feel very bad for you and the other 11/30 cruisers, I know this must be a huge disappointment. :( Based on what DCL HAD been saying it sounded like they would be sailing, but I guess they made the decision in conjunction with the CDC to stop this as much as possible now, even though fewer people are sick on the current cruise. My heart goes out to you and I hope you are able to find alternate vacation plans for next week and put the 50% discount to good use on a future cruise.

As one of the "vocal" minority who thought they should have cancelled, I'm glad to see that they are doing everything that is possible to "nip it in the bud". I hope everyone who "flamed" me will realize that this IS the best decision for DCL and it's passengers.

My faith in Disney and DCL leads me to believe that they WILL eradicate this virus, and get back to business being the greatest cruise line in the world. :)

I truly feel sorry for the ones who are affected. I'm sure that Disney will make it up to you. (This is where the pixie dust comes in handy).

(Can I take the flame suit off yet?) :confused:

(((((hugs))))) to all of you who were to sail on 11/30. I don't know what else to say. I know I would be devistated if my cruise was cancelled. However, I sure wouldn't mind a 50% off coupon!!!

Sue Ellen

I feel terrible for the 11/30 cruisers. I've been there (somewhat). Was on my way to WDW on 9/11 and my trip was postponed for 4 days because of it. It's awful explaining to your children why you aren't going to WDW (especially because of 9/11).

My last cruise (Princess) we were delayed 8 hours. 8 hours of sitting in a cruise terminal. That really was awful too. 8 hour delay doesn't sound like much, but trust me, sitting in a NYC cruise terminal for 8 hours with kids and nothing to do was not fun. Plus it ruined embarkation completely, not to mention missed shows, etc.

Disney is doing the right thing and they are giving plenty of notice though. Enjoy your next cruise at half off. That's not so bad.

Can someone please explain to me what's going on?

I thought that the disease was passed from person to person. If so, wouldn't the next group of people (my cruise 12/7) just be bringing on the disease again. Also the crew will be circulating in public, won't they just spread the disease and pick up more of it?

Is it something on the ship? If so, what on the ship is causing the infection?

I'm totally confused and hoping the some of you can explain this to me. Especially suez live, Larry C and lruggiero.

{{{{{Hugs}}}}}} to all of the 11/30 -

My heart is breaking for you and your children! But know that you are safe and when you do sail, it will be fantastic!

DCL is doing the right thing, even though it will make a lot of people upset -

:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter