IMPORTANT - 11/30 MAGIC CRUISE HAS BEEN CANCELLED (11/30 Cruisers Discuss Here)

WOW, my heart goes out to all of you that were supposed to sail Sat! I can not imagine the disappointment of having a wonderful vacation that was probably being planned for months or even years being cancelled just a few days before. Sending pixie dust!

Cheryl:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Hugs and pixie dust to all the 11/30.I hope you can rescedule and find great plans for this week. I really feel bad for you and your families.Did they offer anyone the wonder or was that a full sailing? At least then the children could still sail with Mickey just for a shorter amount of time.

My sincere thoughts go to all of those that have had to make other plans to replace the much "looked forward to" cruise - when I was a little girl, my mother always took me to Cuba by ship and it seemed like each time we went to see our families, we would end up deathly sick - now I know - I believe my mama was one of the first sanatizer, for she would take some wild stuff to wash us from head to toe like kerosene for one --ugh
Lysol wasn't heard of then like during the late 30's and 40's - during that time no one had answers - in fact flu and virus wasn't known to have any names - so it is something that has been around for longer than I have been - For the Grace of God - it wasn't worse --Lot to be thankful for.
anyhow if anyone is in the area - please stop by.
Hugsssssssss from Cape Canaveral
Always
Shirley

Hi gang,

Horriable news for everyone...Personally, I have been bumped from my cruise this Sunday. I just found out today at 4pm. Thank god for Carnival Cruiselines they have saved our vacation as we have family from New Orleans that had non-ref. air and we didn't know what we were gonna do. When I called Carnival and told them my sob story they got us three staterooms at a discounted rate! I may now become a Carnival fan instead, because I do believe that Disney should have given more notice than a day before a holiday and four days before the sailing date for it's cancellation for discounted rooms on a ship that wasn't even suppose to be affected.

Yeah Carnival! See ya at Port Canveral Sunday!

Mmketeer

.....NOT ANYMORE! :(

Why were you bumped That is HORRIBLE. I am so sorry for you and your family. I hope you have a great cruise on Carnival that is great that they were able to do that for you.

Typically the ONLY people that can be bumped are travel agents traveling on space available discounted fares and Disney cast members. Perhaps Mmketeer falls into one of those groups?

ahh Thanks Michelle That would explain it. I was just hoping it wasn't for someone " more important" (celebrity etc)

So Very Sorry...:( Wishing you 11/30 Cruiserers the best. I would have been devestated if my 9/28/02 trip was cancelled.
Here's an idea...join our group 10/11/03 with your 50% off ticket. We would LOVE to have you join us.

Hello all....and my worst fears actually happened...I should have known when DCL called yesterday and wanted us to call them back each day before we leave I kind of figured something was up....so I found out today at 3 that the cruise was cancelled....so what did I do....well....I can't tell the words I used but finally calmed down enough to call DCL....transfered to a special number and then waited on hold forever...disconnected...called back and the cycle started all over again. Finally I spoke with a CM who told me the 12/1 sailing of the Wonder was full...and if I wanted the 3 night it would be almost $1600. for the three nights. She told me I was booking late so I did not any discounts....and I reminded her that Disney cancelled my cruise...so why should I have to pay rack rates to cruise....and get me a supervisor...and then I spoke with a gentlemen named Ric. He understood my frustration and agreed with me about paying top dollar for the 3 night...so this is what he set up for me....after many phone calls and being on hold....I am now booked on the 4 night Wonder leaving Sunday....arriving Saturday and staying at POR for the night....travel to the port on Sunday by DCL bus....spend 4 nights on the Wonder and then return to POR for Thursday and Friday nights....we had booked 5 nights from Saturday on before...so we are acutally doing the land and sea package but not the way it is usually done....they are giving us food vouchers for the three nights that we are in the hotel and $300.00 on board credit since we have annual passes and don't need the passes to the parks...and we also get transportation from the airport to hotel...hotel to pier and pier to hotel.....kind of funny that I called and asked about the 12/1 sailing on my first call and was told it was totally sold out....Unfortunately they claim there is no availability in category 5 which they had upgraded us to...but were told to speak to them at the ship....so say a prayer for us since we were so looking forward to that verandah...wife is heartbroken....I almost cried...and I am a grown man...planned this for a year.....but we have to face reality that we have no control over this....and we do have the 50% off for next year....
Hope to see you guys someday.....
Tom

Tom I hope all works out. Have a great vacation. Good for you for going the distance with this. I can't believe they tried to charge close to rack rates.

I feel so bad for all those on the 11/30 cancelled cruise!
We are cruising for Christmas on RCCL and I am nervous about an outbreak on The Enchantment of the Seas! Seems like no cruiseline is immunie to this virus....We were on the Wonder 11/14 (all was fine) and booked on-board for the Magic sailing 8/23. Trust the cruislines will be able to contain this virus...it's been popping up since the summer on various ships! Does anyone know what will happen to those DVC members who booked with POINTS? We always cruise using our POINTS - so I am interested. I think I did see someone say all your points would be refunded........will DVC'ers get the 50% discount in the future?.and how would they handle that with POINTS? 50% off POINTS?

I know my post was long...but I would also like to mention an observation....I have always been a great great fan of Disney...you have to know that from all my posts...been going down to Disney World for 24 years and cruising for the last 3....but I was very angry today with a couple of cast members I spoke with....and I am sure they were getting many many calls about the cancellation....but they have to understand that a lot goes into planning a vacation and people hang there hat on what little quality vacation time we have....we had airline tickets that could not be changed unless we paid a large penalty and we had no reservations down in Disney for the week we were going to be on the cruise....plus I did not really want to spend 12 nights running around the parks...I wanted the best of both worlds...which I now have...not what I really wanted....but it has to suffice....but it kind of annoys me that I got the impression from one cast member in particular that they did what they had to do and we were going to be compensated with a 50% off the next cruise and that is it....sure...that's it....sit on your living room couch on your vacation....kind of like I wanted something for nothing....just was my read on things....and I do admit I was stressed out....but I don't think they realize how devestating it is to have a vacation pulled out from under you....just felt that the one cast member could have been a little more understanding....
Thanks for listening....as I am still smarting from the shock!
Tom

Tom

We are on the 4 night wonder too!!!!!!!

I can't believe we can still celebrate our birthday together...

We are in a category 7, i was originally in a cat 6 so I'm a little dissapointed but I guess I can get over it. Still have a balcony but it is somewhat closed on the bottom???
We are on Deck 5

See you Sunday

Absolutely...positively I am looking forward to seeing you.....what time did you call to get the reservations on the Wonder?
Tom

I'm so sorry for all of you who were affected by the cancellation. I can only begin to imagine how you feel:( I would be terribly upset too ( I would still understand why it had to be, but still upset)
.....looking forward to something for so long, only at the last minute to have it gone, is hard. Hugs to all of you..........
MJ

Online with Disney now and looks like we have a cat 9 guaranteed for the Dec 1 Wonder! yeah!!!! I will let you know when hubby gets back from a game of squash that he is playing!

Hey that's GREAT, I'm so glad so many of you are on the 12/1 Wonder instead! :) I hope you have a FABULOUS time.

Just adding my I'm sorry to all of you 11/30 cruisers. I feel for you after all of your planning. Sad situation all around.

Lori, Tom... we are on the Wonder too! Yeah! Now we have to meet for sure. We haven't decided where to stay for the Friday and Saturday night, but we are booked for the last Thursday and Friday nights at the Swan and Dolphin. The kids will actually be able to go to Disney! They will be very excited when they wake up tomorrow and hear.

Thank you all for all your kind words and sympathy.....it absolutely is tramatic....we were really looking forward to the seven nights of relaxation and our upgraded cabin....but we are trying to keep a stiff upper lip and make the best of the situation...and it is nice to know that so many of us has been able to get on the Wonder......thank you all again!
Tom
4 days to the "WONDER"!!!...doesen't sound as good as the Magic but it will have to do!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter