Inspired by the "Can I cut in line..etc " thread

I couldn't find a table anywhere ~ there was a dad sitting alone (no kids) holding THREE tables for his party.

Wow. :eek: As in, you walked up with your trays of food and he did a "Mine, Mine, Mine!" routine? :sad2:

Before reading this thread I had no idea that holding tables was a problem - we do it all the time - but I guess I assumed the people in question were a little more rational about it! There are usually seven of us, and we've offered the "extra" seat to loners looking for a place to sit, and we've crowded around a table for four with some standing to make room for others as well. Usually, though, we just try to eat off hours anytime it looks like it'd be a pain to get two tables together. My son is diabetic and has to eat at a certain time, but we get around that by getting him some carbs at lunch time that he can eat wandering around (sandwiches we brought or we buy him something tidy), then he has his snack a few hours later when the rest of us have our lunch. Holding two tables while people are wandering the place with trays of food looking for tables just doesn't happen with us.

In my ideal table holding world ~ it is ONE person goes to the line while the rest sit at a table. I picture it a mom and dad with kids and one parent goes to the line while the rest of the family waits at a table.

Like I said before though ~ we hardly ever do CS because:

a. separate lines for different kinds of food ~ what a pain to wait in line more than once. Someone ends up eating cold food no matter what.
b. finding a table can be difficult if you have food or are trying to find a table to hold while the other adult gets food.
c. choices are similar at all places (especially for the kids) my oldest doesn't do chicken nuggets and mac n cheese for every meal at home ~ I don't expect her to while away either.

In my ideal table holding world ~ it is ONE person goes to the line while the rest sit at a table. I picture it a mom and dad with kids and one parent goes to the line while the rest of the family waits at a table.

Yah. When we had four kids under five years old, it was soooo much easier to tell the kids "Table manners!" while waiting than to try to get them to proper behavior while in line. Eating out was a treat for them, so they were usually excited, which is not the best time to be learning a whole new set of limitations. They could remember proper behavior at the table with a simple reminder, but in line it'd be, "Don't touch that, don't hang on that, no jumping up and down, no wrestling, Watch it! You almost bumped into someone," and on and on, because they did not translate one set of rules to another situation very well. Often it was dad and one kid in line, so he could teach them one at a time, and of course the most effective motivator for good behavior was the threat of banishment to the table. ;)

The Dis board pool hopping rants amuse me, because I've run across the same thing with our Timeshare system, BG (a points system like DVC). Some places all the local BG resorts have about the same amenities, but in Orlando there's one that has just a pool, and one that has a much snazzier pool area, with slides and zero entry and all. Full owners have the right to use the amenities of any resort, subject to availability, which basically means BG is fine with people pool hopping off season but when the resort is crowded you need to be staying there to use the pool.

Some people get really wound up about BG not enforcing the on-property only rule often enough, while others scorn the rules and pool hop while refusing to asking permission first. Which results in pool hopping threads very similar to those at the Dis. popcorn::

The refillable mugs!
I dont' agree with bringing them back from the previous year...
But totally agree with being able to use them in the parks for the extent of your vacation. almost have some kind of pass.... like a park pass that is good for your whole stay!

Wow. :eek: As in, you walked up with your trays of food and he did a "Mine, Mine, Mine!" routine? :sad2:

Before reading this thread I had no idea that holding tables was a problem - we do it all the time - but I guess I assumed the people in question were a little more rational about it! Holding two tables while people are wandering the place with trays of food looking for tables just doesn't happen with us.

agree.
We are usually a small group..... 3 to 6 people, so it's one table. But I've never had a problem with others doing it! :confused3
I'd much rather dad take the 5 kids and sit down while mom and the oldest kid gets the food!!!!!
I hate it when the lines are so long simply because the entire family of 8 is standing there and only one person is actually ordering!!!

It is a heck of alot more efficient to get the table first... take the order and only one parent heads to get the food!! ;)

When DD's and I were there in February (just the three of us) we couldn't save a table (obviously) So I had a tray with three meals, drinks and desserts on it and both my girls ages 2.5 and 4.5 so balancing the tray and holding the little one's hand. I couldn't find a table anywhere ~ there was a dad sitting alone (no kids) holding THREE tables for his party.

We stood and waited for someone to finish and leave. Sat and ate our cold food and were done and gone before his party showed up. Yup ~ three tables for one guy the WHOLE time we were there.

I think a mom and two kids sitting at ONE table waiting for Dad is different than ONE ADULT holding three tables for his party.

This is ONE of the reasons we very rarely do QS.
JHMO!

I totally feel for you!!!!!!!!:goodvibes
There have been many times when we've been saving a table and we've seen a mom w/kids (just like you) come through looking and we've given up our table or at least pulled up a couple chairs and shared it!!!
It's just the right thing to do!!!
;)
That guy was a jerk. :eek:

I think the no dancing on TTA rule is absolutely ridiculous.

l_445_443_1F70A5EA-4D80-4771-9772-4B387BDBA5E0.jpeg

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

My DD and I always do that dance!!!!
So I guess we are "rule breakers"!! :lmao::lmao:

You mean I shouldn't send the 6 kids in line with DH while I stretch out for some quiet "me" time while holding tables? :lmao:

I admit I always take the kids to sit while DH gets a table...BUT never has their been a lack of empty tables. So it would be pointless to stand around and wait for him to get the food instead of getting everyone settled. The joys of going off season and eating before noon. :laughing:

I seriously think Disney needs to crack down on why people are renting wheelchairs, one too many times have I seen people getting in line first because they have a wheelchair, then seeing them later on running with the wheelchair--with nobody in it and everyone is walking brislkly or running. Crazy.

Except now they have a CM standing there directing and not allowing "table saving"

At least some of them do.

It bugs me that they won't allow it. Another anti-family move by WDW IMHO.

I just got back from 7 days and did not see one CM telling anyone not to save a table...we went to many CS places during our stay and my dh would sit with my dd4 and I would go get the food.

I seriously think Disney needs to crack down on why people are renting wheelchairs, one too many times have I seen people getting in line first because they have a wheelchair, then seeing them later on running with the wheelchair--with nobody in it and everyone is walking brislkly or running. Crazy.

Pretty sure there are very few lines if any that wc go to the front.

Also while I have not done it yet - there may be a time where I do need to rent one as well but would also not need it 100% of the time. You can't just assume!

I just got back from 7 days and did not see one CM telling anyone not to save a table...we went to many CS places during our stay and my dh would sit with my dd4 and I would go get the food.

It is not all the time...It was only during busier times, and when they had a CM available to do it.

By law Disney cannot require a medical condition as a reason to rent a wheelchair.

But also, there are VERY FEW cases where a wheelchair person gets boarded early.

In the past I have seen numerous rides throughout the world where there is a wheelchair entrance and people board in a different location. I'm just saying I've seen people taking advantage.

The only rule I think is actually silly is the walking people to EE at opening. It creates a lot of pushing and shoving that wouldn't happen if the people who wanted to be first could just run ahead of everyone else and leave those of us who don't want to push and shove in their dust.

It was better before they started this rope-walk crap.

They walk people to EE now? Seriously? When did this start?

I have only glanced through a few threads over several pages here and I knew from the first page until the last page the topic of "pool hopping" was going to be a hot topic. :rotfl2: (for the record, I oppose hopping).

I don't know if this one has been mentioned but I'm going to say it. I can't stand that I show up 30-45 early for a show such as the Festival of the Lion King and get a good spot center stage aisle seat and five minutes before the show CM's are going to ask me and others to slide as far down and make room so that those who come in right at starting time will get center stage aisle seats that I came early for.

Sorry, my fat butt is staying put. They can go around me and slide down into a cramped and middle seat among the pile of humanity. Call me selfish, self centered, unreasonable, pathetic, or simply evil, so be it; I'm still not moving. :rotfl:

I agree. I feel the same way about church. lol :littleangel:

I can understand the 'No Pool Hopping' but I'd love if they'd give a pass to people who stayed at the resort previously. Like if you stayed at the Poly for three stays before (not 3 days, but 3 separate instances for 4 or more days), you can pool hop there. Or for every tenth trip longer than two days, staying at a Deluxe, you get a card that lets you pool hop.

Then these are people who did pay their money and should be given something for frequent vacations to WDW. I know people will say codes and discounts, but in my life I've been to WDW about 20 times + (staying in Deluxes with the exception of 3 trips), and my family never recieved anything still to this day. This includes trips as a child up until the present. We've never receieved any kind of codes individually or as a family.

I think the idea about the soda cups is interesting. I could see that making them Park available, would be a good idea for the money. And save on paper cups and water bottles. They'd just have to find a good way to clean them so they don't attract bugs or get sticky and maybe find a better shape to carry them all day.

My other idea would be to limit Fast Pass return to the hour they are good for. Not all day long. This is what causes such long waits at Toy Story Mania. Hordes of people suddenly showing up and making the wait times for standbys even longer. I'd prefer they just get rid of FP completely, but that will probably never happen.

My husband gave up his seat so a mum could sit down a few years back and she put her child in the seat instead. I was furious (though hubby didn't mind!) I don't think older children/teens should sit if an adult is standing.
But it occurs to me that that's not exactly a rule and therefore not relevant - sorry!

Yes indeed - I am a mum to an 18 month old, it really annoys me when parents seem to think that their 2/3/4 maybe even 5 year old should have a seat of its own when the child could sit on the parents lap. My daughter will have her own seat if there are plenty of seats and sit in my lap if there are adults standing.

Well...........
I try not to let this stuff bother me on vacation, generally I go through life with a good attitude, and let things slide. I prefer not to engage in confrontations if possible, especially in front of my kids. It just sets a bad example. I am more of the "kill them with kindness" type.
Very few things get to me on vacation, but the parade/fireworks nonsense gets me. When our family goes out of our way to stake out a good spot, sometimes well in advance, just to see paradefireworks, and another "rude" family thinks its ok to squeeze in front or just about on top of us because they didnt plan in advance or did the last minute "lets watch this parade/fireworks now, because here it is" thing, that bothers me. I need just a "little" personal space. Some people dont I guess :confused3. I get over it though, and try not to get confrontational, as Disney has no control over this. Its just Vacation, and we ARE in DISNEY !!! Things could always be worse!

A few things that Disney could easily correct what "we" feel are problems, (Disney may not).

Re- useable mugs....... just use a barcode sticker on all re-useable mugs similar to what they do at the water parks. Is this just too simple ????
It could be a length of stay barcode, or a park to park barcode, whatever. They DO have the technology to do this very easily.

The pool hopping thing could very easily worked out as well. They could just allow pool hopping to whatever "class" of resort that you are staying, and issue a wrist band at check in for every person registered to that room. They could even make it removable.......who would give it to someone else??? They could also do it to just "club level guests" to reward them for spending the big $$$. The only problem would be with SAB, WDW went above and beyond to creat a signature pool that would be overrun with guests if hopping was allowed.
Universal has NO problem with guests hopping to all 3 of their hotels pools. All the hotels are "deluxe", and all the resort pools have approx the same wow factor.

Just my .2 ........ carry on !
Syndrome

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter