Jan 27, 2005 early roll call!!

I just accuweather and they are prdicting 70+ degree weather for next week. Please send some pixie dust so that we have great weather.

We got more snow last night and are supposed to ge more today, tomrrow and Sunday.

I am worried about flying in the same day we sail. Please send us a little pixie dust to make it. My brother is coming from Rochester NY, my sister is coming from Newport New VA and I am flying in from Wilmington NC.

Hope to meet some of you next week.

I have not heard anything about a Pirate Party......anyone with more details out there?

I'm getting closer to being ready to go!

Lauri

They now have a theme night on the ships. It is pirate theme. The menus are like old treasure maps rolled up. The servers put a red bandana on your head like a pirate wears. Then at 10pm they have a party on deck 9 with Mickey Mouse saving the day. They have fireworks, but the wonder does not just yet. There is snacks to eat and it is just fun. Some people dressed like pirates on the magic and I guess some are doing it now on the Wonder.

Hope that explains it. If not let me know.

It was 70 degrees here in Denver yesterday and it is supposed to be in the 60's all next week! It says it is supposed to have a low of 30 in Orlando on Sunday :guilty: It is warmer here than there-that's not fair! but, the only consolation is that it is brown and ugly here.
It sounds like Pirate night is on Nassau night, is that what everyone understands?
Has anyone checked the shuttle launch info? I haven't had time. I have made my door signs, finally! So, I am ready to go-we leave Monday pm.
Amii

Now I know I have lost it. I did not even know there was a shuttle launch. Where has my head been. I kno planning this surprise cruise :laughing:

My door signs are done, tip envelopes made, pillow case made and am mostly packed. I have to add a couple things and of course steal a few more articles of DH's clothes out of the laundry.

I do not think there is anything else left. Oh I need to call the security company and make sure my mail gets picked up.

If anyone thinks of anything else please let me know.

How is everyone doing? Are you buried in snow yet? Packing here....no snow...not too much sunshine either!

No snow yet, here in Virginia. I am a little paniced though about this weather and not being able to get out this Thursday. This is why I do not like to fly in the day we are sailing. Could not do it any other way because it is a surprise. Please send pixie dust to all of us who have to fare the weather

Not really. Some are going to be on deck 9 on Saturday at 11 to see if we can see the Magic past by.

Sending pixe dust, prayers and best wishes for safe traveling! I would like to see the Magic go by at 11:00 on Saturday too. Thanks for the info.

Cheers!

TMTIP we will be traveling with DD's(4 of the them) with you on the 27th. This is our first DC and we are all looking forward to it. We have 4 DD's (14- who just can't wait), (5-has been counting the days since Christmas) and (4-who is excited just because everyone else is I think). DD (10) is a little unsure of the clubs and says it is because she is "shy" although I believe it is more the fear of the unknown. Do you kids enjoy the clubs? Would they be interested in new friends?

Counting the days!

Ok I just reread this thread and I am sooooo excited! I have decided the people who travel with DCL must be the nicest, kindest people with the best taste possible:). Weather.com seems to think the temps will be in the 70's with a chance of rain on Saturday (bummer). Can someone tell me where to find out about the zoo excursion? I've been to Atlantis before, don't think I want to drag the girls there, but the zoo might be fun. Although there is a part of me that wants to soak in every ounce of fun on the ship as this is our first DC. We are heading to SS at WDW for two days after the cruise too! Wow, I'm am so excited!!!!

Farieygodmother: how is the surprise going? I am very impressed! I picked up a load of goodies at Walmart last night for surprises for the girls! I'm tingling! Just hope I can get everything done before we leave on Wednesday!

We are in Cat 10, deck 2 (going very budget). I look forward to meeting some or all of you Saturday, Deck 9!

Lalaclut:

There actually is a website for the zoo that has a lot of information (ardastra.com). I have read on some of these posts that you can do it cheaper on your own if you wish. We may go there but are thinking about venturing over to Atlantis to check it out. :cool1: One of my sons is also 10, he is so looking forward to the clubs. Is your daughter shy around boys? I can't believe that it is so close...I am getting packing anxiety. I always pack so much for my boys (10 & 6) but they can go through t-shirts and underwear like crazy :earseek: (putting a new one on after every swim if I don't keep on top of them!). Do you have to travel down or are you local? This is also our first cruise but we are only a couple of hours away. So excited to get away! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce:

dandbsmom: My DD likes sports and therefore seems to do alright around boys. We are flying in on Wednesday from the Rockies. We've had a lot of snow but are enjoying the January thaw at the moment. I'm just looking forward to the water. I hear you about the clean underwear, my DD's (4 & 5) can change clothes 3 and 4 times a day if I don't keep an eye on them. My theory on packing anxiety is to do all the laundry first and then just pull out of the closets and drawers what I think we need. My older girls are responsible for themselves.

DH drove down to New Mexico for the weekend to help out his brother so these boards have been my friend! I just finished watching the DVD and feel like I at least have an idea how to navigate the ship. There seems to be so much to do an board I still don't know if I even want to get off before CC.

Good luck packing everyone.......Hope everyones next couple of days fly by! Hard to believe this is really happening!

Maybe we should plan to meet prior to Saturday night? I'm totaly new at this.....any suggestions out there?

The surprise is still a surprise. My excitement has grown to worry. I am worried about not getting a flight out or being delayed. My brother is coming from Rochester NY and of course they got pelted with snow. I am going to call the airline to find out where my flight originates.

I am up to a meet at anytime.

I'm up for meeting earlier if we can. I'm new at this so I am open for suggestions.

Lalaclut: I am sure that my DS(10) will run into your daughter as he is into the sporting thing and is very competitive! Do you have early or late seating? We have early. The weather is cool here in Florida...actually cold...29 tonight! But it is supposed to warm to around 73 on Thurs! YEAH!

Did anyone read the other post about the Jan 15 cruise not being able to get off at some ports including CC? I hope that doesn't happen to us!

FGM: Sending pixie dust for your travels! :teleport: princess: :teleport:

Wow 29 in Florida is chilly, actually freezing:)! My DD (10) is also very competitive, I told her tonight about your DS and I think she is beginning to think making new friends might be fun.

Our flight out on Wednesday is through Cinn, OH but we are waitlisted for a direct to Orlando which I am really hoping for. I'm not a fan of lay over's.

We have second seating but are hoping to get 1st on the waitlist.

I want to enjoy every moment on board we can so we are planning to get to port as early as possible. I have read boarding can happen as early as noon.

Just had a really nice thought......After three more days I won't have to cook for a whole week!!! Yipee:)

Funny you say that...this morning at breakfast I said "I can't wait until on the cruise..I won't have to make breakfast for 3 days!" :cool1: Good luck with your flights. My son's name is Brandon in case she runs into him.

DD is Heather.

More than ready to go!!!!:)

fgm: How was your weekend? Is the surprise still happening?:)

I just finished reading the thread about how great 2nd seating for dinner is because the servers are not as rushed, you can catch the 6:30 show and then head over the the family studio(can't remember the name right now) all before dinner at 8:30. Some folks just grab a quick bite on deck about 5:00. Sounds like a plan to me! More time for more fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter