Jan 27, 2005 early roll call!!

The sun is out--a beautiful day--so I can agree---bring the sweatshirt!!! :sunny: We are just spoiled in Florida and want it all! :cool1:
In answer to the sign question....some fellow cruisers make up fun magnetic signs to put on the stateroom doors!

Can I ask what all of you have planned to during during the day in Nassau? We haven't really planned any excursions and I was curious as what others were doing. I read a post that the zoo was nice and good for the children. Anyone else? We have Busch Gardens here...so not sure how DSs would feel. Although, I read that having the birds up close and personal was pretty neat. DH and I also considered going to Atlantis and looking around. Not sure whether to bring DSs (10 & 6) or not. Any advice from veterans? :chat:

I'm no veteran, so I don't have any advice. We are, though, heading to the zoo with dd 4 and ds 2 (we're doing the disney excursion that also does a little tour of Nassau). It just seems like it won't be warm enough for us to actually have fun in the water with the kids and I don't think my kids would care much about Atlantis. They do love the zoo though (we go to the National Zoo in DC which is pretty good) and I figure - it's getting us off the boat and we're getting a taste of Nassau. Who knows when we'll be back!

Ok let me see if I can answer the question about the magnets. Yes you put them on your door. Fellow Disers use the lime green mickey head so they know who each other is or that you are at least a fellow Diser. I printed mine on paper for now and am thinking of useing my scrapbook glue to attach to the magnet sheet so I can remove it when I get home and scrapbook it. That way I can reuse the magnet for next cruise.

As for the excursions in Nassau. We too are doing the zoo. I thought it would be nice to see the native animals (except the snakes and spiders) and birds. We did the dolphin excursion and beach day last time. Thought it may be to chilly this time.

If anyone wants the lime green Mickey head let me know I will send it to you.

Does anyone want to plan a meet?

:cheer2: Sheelysmom congrats on the boy! :jumping3:

I would love to do a meet. The passing of the ships is a good one although then the kids will probably be asleep so only one parent could get out. I am open. We are not really planning to do much in Nassau if we even get off the boat. We may get off to go to the local ERA real estate office since I an ERA agent in CT.

All of us were sick this week and I hoping we are all up to pare by Sunday..it also could snow a significant amount on Sat into Sun so I am little worried that we might get delayed. We are going to keep an eye on the weather and check to see if we can fly out on Saturday.

Kasey

Thanks Kasey!! :wave: We're supposed to get a massive snowstorm this saturday in MD too. Luckily, we'll be GONE!!! We heading south TOMORROW. I ran to target AGAIN (for, like, the 25th time in the last month) to grab a few last minute things. Pretty soon we'll just have to forget what we've forgotten :flower1:

I would love to put up a green mickey on my door - unfortunately, my color printer is out of ink right now - maybe sent me a template and I could cut it out and trace it on some green scrappy paper! I like the magnet idea. I think we may do something "princessy". Better get my act together !!

let's do meet! Kasey - hopefully we'll see you at the clubs!

We're going to be there too! Our first DC for everyone and we are all excited. It was DH's idea and we surprised DD's 14, 10, 5, and 4 for Christmas. Any suggestions?

6 days!!!!!

Lauri

When I get home I will try to PM you the Mickey Head. It is the one from Home Depot, blown up, if that helps.

I worked last night on the pillow case till wee hour in the morning. I had wanted to pack, but it took 4.5 hours to get home because of the storm and I was wasted by then. These people cannot drive. I guess being a yankee helps me. It normally takes 20 - 30 minutes to get to work.

We too are supposed to get a another storm today and then again on Saturday and Sunday.

Lauri - we're glad you're coming! What a great sounding family - I come from a family of SEVEN girls and one boy!!

We will be going from snowmobiling to snorkeling within a week, looking forward to the sunshine! Do you think we will need more than a sweatshirt for everyone for the evenings? I'm concerned with over packing, but also with not having what is needed.

I am beginning the process of gathering summer clothes for everyone which seems a little strange to be doing.

Thanks for sharing your excitement!

lala

Do you have any quick and simple suggestions for door magnets? I'm a little behine the 8 ball on this one!

Thanks!

Lauri

My door magnet is the ripped off cover of a princess coloring book - we cut out the princesses and put some sticky magnet strip on back. I got the magnet for a dollar or something at Michaels. DD4 loves it and DS2 doesn't care! Next time we'll have to find something more gender neutral, I'm sure! I know what you mean about overpacking. I know I am, but I don't know how to avoid it. We're driving so we have to bring coats, hats and warm clothes etc for when we are visiting my sister in NC on the way south. Then, short sleeves, sweatshirts and rain gear for down there! Although, the weather doesn't forcast any rain for the entire time we're there. I know, though, if I don't bring it, it will rain! That's my luck! :Pinkbounc We are leaving tomorrow morning! Wahoo! You should see my bedroom - can we say cyclone path?

I can see your bedroom!! :earseek: Mine will be like that this weekend!! :upsidedow :jumping4: I think sweatshirts would be fine although I am only a couple hours away from the port and the past couple of nights were cold. Looks like it is warming up a little! :sunny:

Faireygod mother....I am interested in a meet also.

We leave tomorrow!!! Pray it stops snowing enough for us to fly out. I think we will leave quite early for the airport just incase!

Has anyone planned a DIS meet yet? I have a lime green shirt that I bought for our last Disney cruise and I will wear that every now and then--if anyone sees me be sure to say hello!

I can't wait to meet Amii and her family, we are sharing an Illuminations Cruise together on the 26th.

Safe travels to everyone and see you all on the ship!

I really appreciate the boards. Thanks for taking the time to answer a few questions. Good luck on your drive down, be careful for sure. We fly in on Wednesday thanks to DH accumulated miles. Thanks for reminding me about the rain gear we've had to use it before at WDW and I didn't even think about packing it along.

I just have one question.......do moms get a breather when they get on board the DC?

:)

Lauri

I sure hope to get a break on board! I just spent way too much time and money at Walmart. In addition, I think I got frost bite on one of my knuckles from just loading the bags into my car. Now on to packing!

Does anyone know if they care if my birth certificate last name doesn't match the last name on my drivers license (due to marriage not a witness protection program). :D

Please someone tell me it will be ok! I have no time to anything about it.

Kasey

It should be fine.

Shellysmom.. I can not PM the mickey head. It will not let me, sorry.

I could do it emal if you want. Pm with with your address

A for the magnets. I printed mine on regular paper and taped (with scrapbooking tape) to a magnet sheet

OK, here we are 6 days away and here in FL its 56 degrees. I know that is a heat wave for those of you in 5ft of Snow. But here in FL, I am ready to start packing some sweaters and jeans. Forget the sandals!

I am going to check accuweather right now to see the week's forcast.

BowlingAriel: I agree with you since I am also in the sunny state! :sunny: Our blood is too thin! I just checked the weather and we are getting another cool front this weekend. Looks like we will have high 60s or so for our cruise. Let's hope that they have predicted wrong! :worship: The next cruise will have warmer weather. Not Fair!! So, I guess we have to accept the cooler weather and now pray for NO rain!!! :flower: Anyone bringing accessories for the pirate party?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter