Jan 27, 2005 early roll call!!

lalcult. The surprise is still on. Dh could not understand why I am nervous about the weather. He says he we do not get out on a flight I can spend the weekend with him at his apt. Oh whoopie, I thought. I told him I just wanted to be able to give him this surprise becasue I know he would really enjoy it and I wanted to learn something new. He thinks I am going to a training. I hope they have towel folding classes on the ship, or cooking, anything I can learn so I am not lying.

FGM: Glad to hear that you are still pulling it off. :cheer2: I would have slipped by now! :earseek:

The weather forecast is looking good for this weekend!!!! :cloud9: :cool1:
(Although it was 29 this morning!)

It has been close, but I am hanging in there. I am hoping it will all work out on Thursday. Somebody elsed was surprising their daughter, but I donot remember who it was. Wonder how it is going for them.

Just found the Princess cameras at my local CC!! Thanks fgm for the the idea! I was telling DH this morning about all the great stuff I have learned this weekend from reading the boards and he was pretty impressed! I think I even surprised myself a bit. We are all looking forward to this trip. DH loved there were so many folks suprising other folks with the DC. When I told him about the stuff I have picked up for the gift bags for DD's he wasn't completely convinced of the importance until I told him it was all about the magic:), then he saw the light:).

Two days and counting!!!!

lalacult- sounds like you have a pretty good guy there. My DH usually just lets me do whatever and figures it has some meaning. If left to him, he would do nothing. If let to him he would not vacation either.

Welcome to the boards and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

If you have not cruised on DCL, you will love it. I alsways say do not set your expectations to high, be open minded and it will be Magical. Better than you ever expected.

I am a Disney fan, I love their attention to detail. You will see that in the cabin. The hidden Mickey's, the decor it all is part of the Magic.

Greetings! We will also be on board the 27th. I am impressed by those keeping their secret! I booked the first week in December as a 35th b-day gift for DH. Managed to keep myself and four-year-old quiet about it until the 29th. He was so happy, it made for the best present ever :D

It is really cold down here, like 30 degrees (west coast Fl) but sunny. (I know everyone up north will laugh at that cold statement, but hey, my Florida blood is very thin!) Weather.com has it warming up through the week and rain chances are low.

We're counting down the minutes at this point!

fgm: I too am a HUGE Disney fan. We joined DVC a few years ago and have been to WDW once and in 2003 went to DL in Paris (DH was working out of the Eurorean office for the summer). This is our first DC with a couple days afterwards at WDW staying at SS. I am very lucky to be able to enjoy this with my children.

I just got back with my Princess cameras and picked the mats for autographs!!!!. I got two because we have two staterooms. I found some great, bright red gift bags and now I'm going to call my Creative Memories consultant to pick up the Disney licensed stickers they carry. I hope I get one of the CM's that is in a good mood at GS.

I had so much fun telling my DH this morning about what I have discovered about this upcoming event for our family. We are ready to put things into the suitcases now. What time will everyone be arriving? I told DH we are going to get to the port as early as possible to soak in every minute possible. More time on the boat=more value right?:)

Looking forward to meeting up with my new Disney buddies:)

I have read (Intercot.com) that arriving at or before 10:00 is smart. We'd have to leave really early for that though, if we get there by 11:30 I'll be happy.

SRQ1: I agree with you! My blood is also Florida thin. I keep debating on what is going in the suitcase....probably will overpack...but we're allowed 2 bags each, right!! Sneakers....sandals..... :D

FGM: My husband is the same way on alot of things. I got these cushie pillows for my DSs...was trying to figure how to leave them for a surprise at night...my DH thought I was crazy. Finished the stuff for the door....look for the incredibles!! I bought these incredible eye masks at the party store....DSs and I may wear them...no way for DH!! :rolleyes1

Did anyone read one of the other posts on the regular board about the seas being rough lately? That kind of worries me.

FGM: Have you ever been on a sick cruise?

I've been watching that weather closely also!! I would like a fun sail away party. Anyone bringing bubbles?

SRQ1- Welcome.

lalacult- I have been on a cruise with 15 ft swell, Dec 03. Like the other post said it kinda rocked us to sleep. Walking at first was a bit of an adventure. I am taking plent of dramamine for adults and children. My nepehew(4) is coming and we are unsure how he will do. My brother is a little concerned about himself as well. I have a rock bottom stomach and it does not bother me. Dh gets sick on roller coaster, but it does not bother him either. As long as I can look out at the horizion I do fine.

I am brining bubbles. I ahve a case left over from my son's wedding.

Our flight lands around 1030 and we are heading straight to the port. I figure we will be ther no later than noon, weather permitting.

I decorated my DGD's gift bags last cruise with Disney stickers and it looked cute. They thought Minnie left it for them. :bitelip:

We have ben talking about meeting, but nothing firm. I believe some are going to meet on deck 9 at 11pm on Saturday to see if we can see the MAgic pass by. I even packed binocculars. That was interesting getting those from DH. I have had to tell little whit lies for some time now as well play on words. I would make a great defense attorney.

I am going to finish packing this evening and help my sister clean her house and then hopefully finish mine.

I am sure I will be back on later tonight, if you have any questions. Not that I am an expert, but I will try to help.

Just got back with my Creative Memory stuff! They have some wonderful Disney things. I think I'll use them to make up a couple of door signs.

I know nothing about how to meet or plan a meeting place....fgm any suggestions?

Things are really coming together now! (or at least they better be:))

Good luck to all on the last minute push!

lala

ok FGM I had to tell my daughter. She is in the IB prgram at her school and is flunking 3rd year spanish. We were supposed to have a "Foreign Language" evaluation Friday. So that ruined that surprise. She is bummed - yet happy. She was pleased with the clothes I packed - all her cool stuff. Only changed a couples things, one being shoes. KUDOS for the mom!!!

Now that she is in on the surprise for my brother and nieces - she calls them daily to ask if they're packed, how many hours left and wishes them the best. What a brat!

So when are you telling your husband? When he hears the boarding call for Orlando? LOL

Yes it is cold here - it was 36 when I took my daughter to school this am. I guess it could be worse - there could be 24 inches of snow accompanying that 36 degree weather.

What was this post aobut the 15th sailing not being able to dock? I missed it.

Where are those packing fairies when you need them?

Michelle

Yes, I would also like to know where they are when you need them. Not to worry though somehow it will all get done and then I am hoping for tons of fun when we get on the boat!!!!

hey guys I read in a thread somewhere about putting a matte in with your pillow cases for the characters to sign. Here's the question - what size are most of the pictures that you buy at shutters? I never use mattes - so what size matte do you use for what size picture?

Bowlingarieil- It was not you it is another person who is taking her daughter under the premis that her DH has a doctors appt and they will not be back in time to get her off the bus. I was wondering if she was still keeping the seceret.

As for my telling DH. I have no intentions of telling him until we get to the ship or he realized we are headed there. I figure he will think we are going to WDW and I am going to let him think that.

The photos at shutters are 5x7 or 8x10.

I need help from the tag fairey myself.

faireygod mother ,
Looks like you like Disney as much as my family and I do .
Maybe we should meet for hot Cocoa while we sail on our Curise this week.
You sound like a lot of fun, I have a sister that thinks like you . We have a good time together.

On one of the threads - as if there were only 5. LOL

I was reading that someone was having trouble finding a room - something about a launch? I just looked on the KSC site and the next rocket launch isn't til March. hhmmm...........my folks live in Cocoa Beach and I know that alot of the hotels got hit hard from the Hurricanes.

Our weather guy said that it is supposed to warm up quite a bit by the end of the week. Yipee

** ** ** ** - fairy dust for some warm sunshine - ** ** ** ** :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter