June 19, 2004, anyone yet???

:p THANKS. I CAN KEEP THE LIST GOING BUT IF YOU DO ANYTHING MORE COMPLICATED THAN THAT SOMEONE ELSE WILL HAVE TO TAKE OVER AND DO IT!!! CAN ONLY DO SIMPLE THINGS ON THE COMPUTER. ANYTHING ELSE I HAVE TO GET ONE OF THE KIDS TO DO IT!!

TRIED TO POST THIS LAST NIGHT BUT FORGOT THE BOARD WAS DOWN. WHAT'S EVERYBODY DOING OVER THE HOLIDAY WEEKEND WITH THE EXTRA DAY? ANYTHING EXCITING?

Originally posted by patches-4
TRIED TO POST THIS LAST NIGHT BUT FORGOT THE BOARD WAS DOWN. WHAT'S EVERYBODY DOING OVER THE HOLIDAY WEEKEND WITH THE EXTRA DAY? ANYTHING EXCITING?

Don't you hate it when you can't get your disboard fix?? LOL As far that extra day, we're doing nothing, just getting ready for the kids to start school on Tuesday.

We are heading out to the movies as it is raining here. Then we well do our annual Labor day dinner at the Outback and then home to get ready for My first day of school. The kids start on Wednesday. My daughter did start a thread on the Teen board,although she didn't say much(she's 00 volcan 00).
TTFN Denise

IT'S BEEN RAINING OFF AND ON FOR THE LAST FEW HOURS SO JUST WENT AND LOOKED FOR A NEW COACH AND LOVESEAT!! DD, HER FRIEND AND I WERE GOING TO GO TO THE DRIVE-IN LAST NIGHT BUT IT GOT RAINED OUT SO JUST WENT TO THE THEATER. REAL EXCITING!!!:rolleyes:

Hope everybody had a great Labor Day. We ran around to schools and colleges delivering furniture and other crucial items that somehow got left behind when ds and dd left for school. Rained some. Since I was off call for the three day holiday Debbie and I had a nice relaxing time despite the running around. Now it seems more like the end of summer.:( Keep the thread alive. 291 days! Wes

WELL, THINGS WERE BACK TO NORMAL TODAY, WELL AS NORMAL AS THEY CAN BE!!! STILL RAINING HERE HAVING FLASH FLOOD WARNING ALL NIGHT. KIDS ARE BACK TO SCHOOL TODAY. I AM READY FOR THE FALL BREAK(OCT10-19) TO GET HERE JUST TO GET AWAY FROM WORK FOR A LITTLE WHILE.

HOW HAVE THE REST OF YOU ALL BEEN?? LET US HEAR FROM YOU. ANY NEW PEOPLE GOING WITH US YET??

KEEP THEM COMING, THE MORE THE BETTER!!:p

We met a nice newlywed couple on this year's cruise who shared a table with us at dinner. They were music teachers in Ohio and were on their honeymoon. After hanging out with us for a week they became so enthralled by the DCL experience that while on board they signed on for the 6-19-04 western just so they could cruise with us again. I'll see if we can recruit them to the disboard. I also have an anesthesiologist friend who we are trying hard to get onto this cruise as well. It may be hard sell. I'll work on his kids...let them convince him;) Wes.

HAVEN'T BEEN ON HERE FOR A FEW DAYS, SEEMS THERE JUST HASN'T BEEN TIME! I'M STILL WORKING ON OUR FRIENDS AND ONE IS STARTING TO TALK POSITIVE ABOUT THE DATES AS BEING "DOABLE" (spelling?) ANYWAY I'M STILL WORKING ON THEM AND THERE IS ONE MORE FAMILY THAT REALLY LIKE WDW AND KEEP ASKING ABOUT OUR LAST CRUISE SO MAYBE WE CAN TALK THEM INTO IT TOO. JUST KEEP WORKING ON EVERYBODY.;)

:rolleyes: HELLOOOOO.... IS ANYBODY ELSE OUT THERE?? OR DID THEY CHANGE THE DATE OF THE CRUISE AND EVERYBODY WENT WITHOUT US? JUST KIDDING!!! HAS EVERYONE BEEN BUSY LATELY?:confused:

Hi everyone!
Now that we're all back at school (DH and I are both teachers) we are really anxious for June19! Not that we don't love the kids we teach, but it's a reality check that summer is really over and we need to look forward to June again!
DH and I did a Carnival cruise out of NYC to Bermuda this summer and had an incredible time. I know there is a lot of Carnival bashing that goes on on other cruise boards but we had nothing but wonderful things to say about Carnival. We couldn't help but compare to Disney and thought Carnival did some things better than DCL...entertainment being one of them. DCL food was a little better but Carnival had a better variety, esp. at lunch. Service and ship were equal and price was better on Carnival. We did a 7day to Bermuda with a balcony for the same amt. as a 4 day DCL with veranda. Plus leaving from NYC was a great selling point. And Bermuda is ever more beautiful than the Caribbean islands!
Wish DCL would leave from NYC!
Have a good week everyone!

Beth:bounce:

GLAD YOUR BACK!! DH AND I DID A RCCL CRUISE IN JAN FOR ANNIVERSARY AND REALLY ENJOYED IT. DM AND DD DID CARNIVAL 2 YEARS AGO AND COULDN'T SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT IT. JUST ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT YOUR LOOKING FOR. IF IT WASN'T FOR OUR DS WANTING TO DO DISNEY FOR GRADUATION WE WOULD PROBABLY DO RCCL AGAIN BUT THERE IS JUST SOMETHING ABOUT DISNEY THAT THE OTHERS JUST DON'T HAVE. MAYBE IT'S THE PIXIE DUST!!

I'm sorry, but my DH, DS and I won't be joining all of you on the 6/19/04 cruise. Don't feel sorry for us though. The reason we won't be on the 6/19/04 cruise is because we just found out tonight that my son's best friend (since the age of 4...they're both 14 now) will be able to join us on the 7/17/04 cruise and then spend a week at VWL with us!!!! I am THRILLED that he will be able to join us. He went with us to VB/WDW for 2 weeks this summer and my son had such a great time showing him "our world"! After our first day at Vero I knew that we had to find a way to pay for him to join us next summer. Believe it or not, after I proposed the "all expenses paid" vacation a month ago, his mom and dad had to give it some deep thought. He is a really good baseball player and will miss his last few games of the season. Luckily, his parents let him decide and he picked the trip with us. Oh well, I have to wait an extra month to cruise, but I know my son will have soooo much fun.

I JUST SAW YOUR OTHER POST. SORRY YOU WON'T BE WITH US BUT I'M SURE YOU WILL HAVE A NICE GROUP ON YOUR LATER CRUISE. NOT AS NICE AS ALL OF US BUT NICE!!! SO GLAD YOUR DS FRIEND CAN COME WITH YOU AND I'M SURE ALL OF US WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME THING IN YOUR SHOES. HAVE A GREAT TIME ON YOU JULY 17TH CRUISE.:p

Hi everybody. Have any of you started to think about what excersions you are going to do? If you have why don't you share them as I don't have a clue yet as to what we are going to do. Any great ideals? Just throw our some suggestions as to what you think might be fun to do as a family, or what you think the kids would like.:rolleyes:

OK, here we go: three words--Fury Catamarran Snorkel and beach party in Cozumel. That's actually more than three words. We call it the booze cruise because once you finish the snorkelling they start passing out an endless supply of this delightful mexican beer and marguritas. We had the best time and the crew was terrific. Very entertaining. The little kids had fun too although all mine are older. I'll email you a couple of pictures and you'll see what I mean. Don't miss it if you want to have a good time even if you're not into snorkeling. Wes:smooth:

HAVE ANY OF YOU DONE THE PARASAILLING? MY DS (WHO IS GRADUATING THIS YEAR) WANTS TO TRY IT. ANY COMMENTS ON THAT? DO YOU THINK HE WOULD LIKE IT? HE'S KIND OF A DARE DEVIL ANYWAY SO I THINK IT WOULD RIGHT DOWN HIS ALLEY!!

Hi again, Patches. Just finished yanking that gall bladder out. My ds and dd, 18 and 16 at the time both parasailed at Castaway Cay and loved it. Advice: have them take a waterproof camera. From that high up they can get a very panoramic picture of the Magic and the island. Both are a bit daredevilish, too and they didn't mind the height. It was a tad pricey, though. The banana boat ride was a hoot. Another excursion we liked was to Rum Point on Grand Cayman. It was a beachy sort of time and we all did waverunners there, smoked cuban cigars and worked on our tabns. The only draw back was the bus and ferry ride over was a bit tedious. The only excursion we've done at Key West was the sunset sail on the Western Union. It was fun. But we subsequently enjoyed the sunset from Mallory Square better. We usually cruise up and down Duval Street at Key West. We take our time, people watch, shop and hit Jimmy Buffet's for lunch and have a few drinks at the various bars. Wes

WRH3MD, Do I have you on our list if you are cruise with us or have I just overlooked you before> If I did I'm sorry, don't want to leave anyone out of our group!! Is it your DS or DD who will be 18?;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter