June 19, 2004, anyone yet???

By June 2004, my dear son (he's actually my favorite child of the three) will be twenty and my darling daughter (she's actually my favorite child of the three) will be 18. My favorite child of the three, my oldest daughter, went with us on the most recent cruise with sil. We had more fun than mere mortals should be allowed to have! and the highlight of the cruise was the Fury cat cruise. I doubt they will be joining us next time but I am already planning a repeat Harden Fun-Family-DCL Western Caribbean- Cruise in 2005. Maybe Debbie H (my favorite wife) and I will be grandparents by then!?:earseek: Wes

HEY everybody!! What's everyone up to this weekend? They are calling for rain late tomorrow and all day Sun. The sun has shown all week here and of course it has to rain on the weekend!:smooth:

:smooth: BUMP:smooth: WELL WE LUCKED OUT THIS WEEKEND. THE RAIN MISSED US EXCEPT FOR A FEW DROPS. OTHERWISE IT WAS A VERY NICE WEEKEND. DS SHOWED HIS CAR IS 2 CAR SHOWS HERE AND WON 1ST PLACE.

Congrats on the first place. Things are getting settled in for the hurricane. I suspect it will hit us sometime on Thursday. I feel for those poor people who have all the uncertainty of a caribbean cruise during hurricane season. But being on the Magic is almost fun in itself even if it never left the pier. Well, almost!:p Wes

Were any of you affected by the hurricane? Hope everybody is O.K. if you were.

Hi there,
Yep, we were. We had tropical storm winds, rain, and we lost a lot of limbs and a few trees on our property. Many people lost power but fortunately all we lost was the cable and our trees. In our county, 43,000 are still without power, Lancaster, our neighboring county, still has about 40, 000 without. It was an experience. On the way to the hospital this morning Wes said he saw many downed power lines that were sparking on the pavement. We are still feeling some of the effects with rain and it is now over 24 hours after it hit us. Fortunately, all the schools in this part of Pennsylvania and in Maryland closed down yesterday. Our daughter lives in Maryland and they were without power and the Inner Harbor and historical Fells Point is underwater.

Sorry I haven't been on to check before now, but out village had a big festival this weekend and the couputer was acting up last night and wouldn't connect and I am just now getting around to checking the post. Glad to hear everything is alright with you all. Hopefully all the power is back on by now and your daughter is alright too. I'm sure glad the hurricane wasn't worse that it was and everybody is O.K.

Well, I now have 2 teenagers in the house!!!! Somebody HELP:eek: DD just turned 13 yesterday and DS will be 18 in 2 weeks. Don't know if I'll survive!! What has everybody else been doing lately? How is everyone after the storm?

We are considering June 19 Western: DH, DS (will just be 18) and lil ole' me!;)

But some questions:

Enough to do for DS (since he will be too old for teen club)?

We aren't drinkers...will we be party poopers?????

DS really wants to do ruins in Cozumel....what is that excursion like?

Finally...are we too late for decent cabin? Will be using DVC points/cash combo....(college is LOOMING :eek: :eek: :eek: )

Any info would be great!:)

Mahalo!

Hope you decide to join us. As to some of the questions maybe I can help. NO you won't be a party pooper as we don't drink either. I think your DS will find plenty to do. Our DS will be 18 also and before we booked we made sure he didn't want to do another cruiseline and he said definatly not, Disney is the best! The last time alot of them didn't stay in the club much anyway they just all ung out together. And someone else posted that if the club isn't full that sometimes they will let the 18 yr olds in too. That's about all I can tell you about, hope that helps some. Be sure and check out the list in this post about the ages of the group, there are quite a few teenages in this group and I'm sure they will have fun.

I hope you can join us!!!

I think your DS will find plenty to do. No you won't be party poopers because you don't drink. As for the ruins in Cozumel -- does DS want to do the San Gervasio ruins or do the excursion over to Tulum? If he decides not to do either I can recommend an awesome excursion through an independent company. We did the Jungle Jeep Tour when we were in Cozumel this past August on the Voyager of the Seas. Yes, I was a bit leery because it wasn't an RCI or cruise line excursion but the reviews we read were so good we decided to try it and I am so glad we did!! Here is the link: http://www.cozumel.travelnotes.cc/tours/jeep.html. Our boys (15, 12 and 8) loved this excursion. They all said it's better than Indiana Jones! I don't think you're too late for a decent cabin but you probably should look into it soon. HTH.

Thanks to Lisa and Patches-4!

We'll check into that jeep tour...looks very cool! Not sure, but I think Tulum was his 1st choice (budding archeologist!)

I'm checking options now...Hope we will be able to join you all..this board seems to be full of a fine bunch of DISer's !:earsgirl: :earsboy:

Hope to see you on board!:wave:

Mahalo!

Originally posted by Mai Ku Tiki
....We'll check into that jeep tour...looks very cool! Not sure, but I think Tulum was his 1st choice (budding archeologist!)....

My Mom, SIL and niece did Tulum -- we did the Jungle Jeep Tour. They booked it through RCI and opted not to use an independent company for this excursion. My Mom loves going to ruins and while she liked the Tulum excursion she did say that the Chichen Itza ruins were much better. Other than the fact that it was extremely hot she said the boat ride over wasn't as bad as some of the other posters had said. HTH

Lisa :)

Thanks. We're going to have to do a whole lot better if we are going to keep this going until the cruise. It's getting closer! Now all we have to do is get through WINTER!!!:( :wave2:

Have any any of you been to any of the Western Caribbean ports before? We cruised on the Voyager of the Seas this past August and will be repeating Grand Cayman and Cozumel. I'm starting to think about what we'll do in these two ports. We did Stingray City in Grand Cayman (lots of fun) and did an awesome Jungle Jeep Tour in Cozumel (the best excursion ever). Aside from these two excursions anybody have any "must do" excursions or have any suggestions? TIA

What all do you do on the Jungle Jeep Tour? We were there in Jan. of this year but we didn't do much there just kind of checked out the shops and things. Has anyone gotten rooms for the night before yet? If so where and did you get a good rate.:smooth:

Patches, here is the link to the website: http://www.cozumel.travelnotes.cc/tours/jeep.html. Click on the Jungle Jeep Reviews. My brother and I found this site about the same time and even though I was a bit leery of booking an independent company I am so glad we did. We met Richard (the owner) and Susan (our guide) at the No Name Bar. If you are on Disney you meet at the Burger King. We paid and then proceeded to go into town to pick up our lunch and drop Richard off. My brother drove the second jeep for the first 1/2 of our trip. Susan took us out of town to the other side of the island. She was very knowledgable about the island and Mayan culture. You pass the San Gervasio ruins on your way. When you get to the end of the road, you turn onto the bumpiest road you'll ever drive on. We went to two small ruins, passed an Army outpost and then went to a beach to swim, snorkel and have our lunch. My dh drove on the way back and we stopped at the coconut plantation where the caretaker opened up coconuts for us. On our way back to the ship Susan took us through town and pointed out different things and shopping areas. HTH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter