• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Live from the 11/23 Magic... NOTE this is NOT KenP, it is DisneyDarwin :)

KenP

Mouseketeer
Howdy. We're live from the Disney Magic now. We were allowed to board at 3pm instead of the usual. They served us a catered lunch to keep us happy - sandwiches, chips, cookies (we hoarded like packrats), and such. My DW amusingly pointed out that they were offering potato salad in little containers that were unrefrigerated and not on ice (be calm, they just came out of refrigerated trucks). We laughed. The ship set sail at 5:30pm (or so) like normal. Deck party was fun. By far the hilight of the day was watching the shuttle take off at 7:49pm. We watched with 100 of our new closest friends from aft deck 7 --- screaming and hollering, man was that a great thing. We were handed a memo when we boarded that said 275 passengers and crew reported gastro-intestinal something-or-other on the past cruise. It also implied that the media blew it a bit out of proportion and reminded us that the Magic scored 99 out of 100 on a recent health service pop inspection. Still, you know something is up when they have signs up for "Media Parking". The dueling pianists told us that even they were drafted into helping scour the ship, and we feel comfortable aboard. Anyway, no one is sick here yet, and we hope it stays that way! Cruise baskets were delivered late due to the delays from extra cleaning. Shirley hooked us with a great basket for my DD, and it showed up while we were at dinner. Luggage arrived a little later than normal - we got our luggage only just in time to change for dinner in Lumiere's. By the by, we will be watching the premiere of Treasure Planet on Wednesday...can't wait for that. That's all for now. I'll be happy to answer any and all questions, but I'll probably only be on-line once per day in the wee hours (like now!). Anyway, we're on the Magic and your not, so life can't be all bad.

Wow.....KenP did you do back to back cruises? Anyway, I am glad you all got aboard safely and left on time..we were watching CNN all day they kept updating but didn't say anything about when the ship was leaving.

Hope you have smooth sailing and keep us posted. The only real question I have is did the ship smell of disenfectant or "other" odors????

Have a few drinks for us still shoreside!!!!

MJ

Another WOW that you are on back to back cruises, Ken! Lucky YOU! :)

Thanks for the update and I hope all your updates on this sailing are full of HEALTHY news. ;)

Enjoy! :sunny:

Thanx for the live report! Much *pixie dust* and good thoughts to all for a 'magic'al cruise. We will keep our fingers crossed that all is well. :D

Ken, let me join the green with envy crowd that you are doing back to back cruises. Thank you so much for your live reports last week and again this week. With all the mis-information that went on it was nice to hear something from the scene.

My FIL called here Friday night to tell me about the problem and how they were cancelling the next cruise. Had to be true because he heard it on CNN. Told him that I read the DIS and that we had heard from someone on board (you) and knew what was happening and had also heard from cruisers that were getting calls direct from DCL. Nothing beats first hand accounts.

Hope you and yours have a wonderful cruise! Here's for sunny skies at Castaway Cay (since you had rain last week).

Ken, you were on board this past week and again this week?! Lucky!! I miss the ship so much and I was there only this morning!!! Hope you have a great cruise and great weather (the rain yesterday didn't get us down, we still ventured out in it) awesome that you got to see the shuttle! I"m so jealous since we wanted to see it!!!

Sorry folks, it's not KenP, but it's DisneyDarwin. I wasn't challenged for a login and apparently it must have used a cookie left behind on one of these machines identifying me as KenP. Anyway, it is I on board, and I suspect KenP is safely on his way home or elsewhere. It's 12:32PM on the Magic and there is barely a sole about; apparently the first night is an early one for most cruisers. Talk to you tomorrow.

Thanks DisneyDarwin.....that happened to me once...I posted from the Magic and all posts were listed as someone else!!!! Please keep us updated....

MJ

Ah, a VERY common problem on the internet computers and a reminder for everyone to LOG OUT after using the boards if you don't want someone else posting as you. :)

Thank YOU for the update DisneyDarwin, and have a wonderful cruise! :)

thanks for keeping us updated. Have a safe and healthy cruise. We leave for Sat Magical cruise in 4days.

WebmasterMichelle -

a suggestion for the powers that be...

...could there be a "logoff" option on every page rather than just the start page? I have trouble finding the logoff option sometimes when I use public terminals.

I agree. a logoff button at the top of the page would be more than helpful!

Glad to hear from someone onboard that things are looking better. ;)

I agree with the request for a prominent logoff button!
That's why I often post under my hubby's ID...I use his computer a lot, and it can be a pain to find the logoff option.
Also, every now and then I have noticed that it does not work and I have to go in an manually remove the cookies from the PC.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I'll check guys, but I think we're limited by the software. If you do a "forum jump" from the drop down menu at the bottom of the page to the MAIN FORUMS PAGE that's where the log off button is. :)

Thanks so much for posting DisneyDarwin. It is good to have "someone you know" on board who can get us the real facts. I sure learned this week that CNN is fallible (sp?).
Lots of prayers & pixie dust for all on board to have a MAGICal cruise.
Oh, just curious, does the ship smell a bit like a hospital?

:Pinkbounc :bounce:

I am sure it will! Thanks for keeping us posted! Have a fantastic trip and Happy Thanksgiving!

DisneyDarwin, thanks for clearing that up.

The shuttle launch sounds fantastic. Hope the rest of the cruise is just as good for you.

Enjoy!

Just an FYI about logging out on the cruise. You must not only log out, but you need to have all of the cookies manually cleared on the terminal you use. An internet manager on the ship can help you to clear out the cookies.

Sue Ellen

Thanks for posting the update. I was just about to ask what time you all got onboard yesterday and how things were going. Sounds like a stressful couple of days for the crew! Have a great trip! Hope all goes well!

Hope everyone on board stays well and has a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Teri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter