• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Live from the 11/23 Magic... NOTE this is NOT KenP, it is DisneyDarwin :)

my3kids....I was thinking the same thing....where is his report!!! We need to know what is happening!!!!

DisneyDarwin...hopefully you can post today sometime...we are all hanging on your reports!!!!

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!!!

MJ

The latest news "count is 160 sick 140 passangers and 20 crew. They now say they are going to throw out all the pillows and toys as part of the sanatation process. I sure hope they will replace them :) (only kidding I know they will)

Ann....that is awful news....I was hoping that the numbers were not really people sick with the virus, but anyone who just reported any kind of symptom. Looks like maybe it is just the virus....anyway I would to keep up with the reported "count"...did you hear on CNN or check it out a newswebsite. Would you please advise so I can keep checking..Thanks.

MJ

It was in my local paper this morning as reported by the assosiated press. I also did a news search on google which reports 160 also. It said sick people are being offered a free flight home and a free cruise.

Just a thought....are they sure that there isn't something more than just a virus affecting people on the Magic? If it is a regular stomach bug that you get from people and it's being noticed on land also, then why aren't passengers affected on the Wonder too? Can't help but wonder if there's another reason so many are getting sick and it hasn't been noticed yet??

This is DisneyDarwin's DW. Darwin asked me to post a quick reply to dispell the rumors of demise! ;) We're all well here. No stomach bugs got us.

The latest count from noon today is 187 down with the stomach flu. We haven't seen much evidence of that sort of problem, really. Did notice a lot of coughing in the Disney Theater during the big bingo game ($4,800 jackpot!). We were so close, but didn't get it!

Darwin will talk to our servers at dinner to find out if they will be leaving the ship or not and where the ship might be going to get cleaned, etc...

They did have Turkey as an option for dinner last night & Darwin did have it. Caused a minor international incident at our table as we are sitting with a family of five Brits (hehehe). Actually, quit lovely people that we've enjoyed getting to know.

We had a good day at Castaway Cay though it was a bit chilly when you got out of the water because of the tradewinds.

Darwin will post a report later tonight if he makes it before they shut down the Internet Cafe. If not, it might be Saturday before you hear from us.

We'll also let you know how the "media feeding frenzy" was as we left the ship. We hear it's going to be something!
:bounce:

Take care all!

Thanks for the updates Mrs. DisneyDarwin! :)

So glad you're still having a magical cruise and enjoy your final night! :)

Well, the bags are packed and in the hall, the tips have been passed out, and we've seen the farewell show. They just finished the "exit" parade of characters and I'm going to shut down the piano bar when I finish this.

I talked to our server and he said that most of the crew he knows is on the front end of a 6 month contract; there are no plans or news about a new crew. They expect to work 10 to 12 hours per day next week cleaning the ship, instead of waiting on passengers.

Shirley is right, the ship will be staying in Canaveral, they'll just move it away from the cruise terminal and other ships. It sounds like they are also bringing in a lot of hired help (experts?) to help sanitize the ship.

We had great blue skies and a few puffy clouds at CC today. The water was almost too cold to bear. Almost --- DD and I only spent about 5 hours in it. We got back on board, showered and just barely made it to the Remember the Magic kid show, one of my favorites. Short, but sweet.

The farewell show was great. Rich Pupura, magician and comedian, was the headliner. He's quite funny, but what cracked us up the most is that he did several "flu" jokes. We (the crowd) apparently has been awaiting a release --- you should have heard us laughing. The best bit was after he finished a trick with a volunteer, his assistant came out and squirted his hands with a bottle of cleaner (like we've seen all over the ship) and then he wiped his hands on a towel. Too funny.

We caught up with PageMaker today, on the last day! My DD and hers are in the lab as I write this. Instant friends, kinda neat.

Oh yeah, I slept in a bit, but I hear we lapped CC twice today due to the high winds, and were finally able to back in on the 3rd try. We didn't get ashore till around 10:30am.

There's a lot of energy aboard tonight --- everyone is sad to be going home, but things are VERY festive. Strange? I can't say. Anyway, that's it for now. We head home in the AM. We're going to cheat and go to the late breakfast seating, and then make our way over to Avis. I'll report in after we get home.

It feels like I've done a trip report already, so maybe I'll just do a summary, or maybe I'll just answer questions like any good DISer. See y'all soon.

thanks DisneyDarwin...DW and I were on the 11/30 sailing....now on the 12/1 Wonder....thanks for all the reports....they media seems to be going with this big time....I just wonder if it is as bad as they say.....gonna miss the Magic!
Tom

Disney Darwin:
Thanx! We have certainly appreciated your daily report!
Glad you had a great cruise and stayed well!:)

I talked to our server and he said that most of the crew he knows is on the front end of a 6 mo contract; there are no plans or news about a new crew. They expect to work 10 to 12 hours per day next week cleaning the ship, instead of waiting on passengers.

I would not wish this job on anyone!
But ~ if all the crew is going to be doing all the cleaning,
the first thing that comes to my mind is.....
how does Disney know they are virus free ?? :(

If they are incubating or shedding the virus it won't help to have them cleaning it!

I am so glad you weren't ILL.

Also,
If they are incubating or shedding the virus it won't help to have them cleaning it!
I sincerely hope that they are cleared and checked...

I would think that they get a few days to clear out their systems...
:bounce:

Your reports have been wonderful....thanks for sharing your trip with us......it's nice to have a bird's eye view of what's going on in the ship under these circumstances.....hopefully by next week things will be back to normal.....have a nice holiday!!!:)

Yes....your reports have been wonderful...but you can't leave us hanging!!!! You need to do the follow up report so we can see how it all ended. Was there a lot of press at the Port, how were the spirits of the crew, did you hear if the crew was staying with the ship during cleaning???

Thanks

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter