Live Report from the 4/22 Backstage Magic

Boo hoo, it's over! (Well, mostly.) I don't think there was a dry eye in the house at the final dinner when we shared our favorite memories and saw a photo show of the highlights of our trip. Our park tickets are good for tomorrow, but none of those wonderful FPs. I will be blogging the rest of the trip, but suffice to say that today's big thrill for me was behind the scenes at Soarin', although a close runner up was getting a drawing of Figment and Dreamfinder from a Disney animator. This trip has been all we hoped for and more. We might even do it again in a year to see what changes. There were a few minor things I would change or tweak, but overall it was amazing and I would most definitely recommend it to anyone.

Has anyone seen Max (Hack2112) lately? He was supposed to post some pics....

I've been at a state tournament all weekend, so I haven't been able to post anything. I'm actually currently stuck at the rest stop in Fort Drum, so be happy you're not me right now.

Stupid bus...

Alas, it's the last morning. I got most of the next day of my report done last night before I zonked out, so it will definitely be up tomorrow by the afternoon (I may be a zombie during the day, depending on how well I sleep on the plane since we fly out at 10 p.m.). We're getting ready to head down to breakfast, although some people are gone already due to early flights. Hopefully we'll be keeping in touch with some and who knows...maybe even going on another adventure!

It will be sad not to have our excellent FPs today, but I can do the Soarin' singles line so that will keep me content : )

Ok Barb just reading your comments about the trip has made me all misty. Thanks for sharing this adventure with us & I cannot wait to read the rest of your & Brad's blogs when you get time to write them.

Safe travels home.

I've been at a state tournament all weekend, so I haven't been able to post anything. I'm actually currently stuck at the rest stop in Fort Drum, so be happy you're not me right now.

Stupid bus...

Wow, you're a long way from Florida... what kind of tournament was it?

I was at the resort today getting ready for a wine tasting class with Michael Jordan from Napa Rose and I ran into Quinn and talked with him for a min. I knew there was a guide name Quinn but I didn't realize it was him. Everyone that has him as a guide is very lucky. I also passed by the other guide Diana but she was walking by and talking with a guest.

I can't wait to see a detailed report on the rest of the trip once everyone rests up.

I added one more day as I sit here in the Grand Californian waiting for our town car. There's still lots more to blog, but the DL post is the latest at http://barbnefer.blogspot.com

We made the most of our last day; no more VIP fast passes, but I used the heck out of that Soarin' singles line! It has spoiled me rotten. I'll demanded one in FL, hee hee.

Our flight is an overnighter, so wish me luck sleeping in coach.

Yes, Quinn and Diana are both AWESOME! Diana was just here two seconds ago; she's off checking on transportation now since we're due to leave pretty soon. Boo hoo! My only consolation is that I am returning to a home only 8 miles from the Magic Kingdom.

We made the most of our last day; no more VIP fast passes, but I used the heck out of that Soarin' singles line! It has spoiled me rotten. I'll demanded one in FL, hee hee.

Ok, if you get a single rider line on your Soarin' I demand we get a No Bags like for our bag check!

Jim did tell me that they are working on a fastpass system just like the FP that AAA used to give

Jim did tell me that they are working on a fastpass system just like the FP that AAA used to give

Can't wait to see how that plays out.

So, was the trip everything you wanted it to be? And did I help to inform the masses?

you know, i made it a point at the goodbye dinner to say that despite knowing a lot of the details ahead of time, the whole thing did surpass my expectations by a mile. and what i didn't really say is that despite the fact that i did once tell Jim that I'm not really on the trip to make friends, so many of them make it hard to keep it that way. everyone was really nice.. everyone, i definitely felt like the weakest link in that chain.

I spent an awful lot of time chatting with Tony in fact.

and of course, even Quinn and Diana were better than expected. Not to skip ahead with my virtually non-existent trip report (and i apologize for encroaching on Barb's) but Diana is very sweet. Even though I wasn't in the Minnie group, she was taking photos where otherwise prohibited just for me since I didn't appear in any myself. She even gave Stitch his own ABD pin. and Quinn.. well, I doubt anyone enjoyed the presence of Stitch more than he did (well, except maybe for 2 mice in particular), but more of that to come.

This was such an interesting trip report! Thanks for sharing it. The Imagineering visit sounds like the most exciting part. I only hope ABD keeps this tour for awhile so that I can check it out for myself someday.

Barb
Another good update. Thanks so much. You really are building my excitement and my trip isn't until December! How did you do on your red eye back to the east coast? I'm torn between the red eye for more time in the parks and a morning flight that would get us back to Baltimore at a decent time.

Once again Brab thanks for another excellent installment of the Maiden Voyage. :thumbsup2
Brad, can't wait to see your photo's and the rest of you blog, we have so enjoyed everything you posted. And why does stitch get in all the photos and not you?:confused3

Do you think anything will be changed because of any input you guys gave?

Have a safe flight home.

We're baaack! I woke up at 1 p.m...ugh! It was my own fault; I doped the heck out of myself for the flight and woke up without realizing that it was almost over. Thus I popped another pill just 20 mins. before landing, so Tony drove home while I followed like a zombie.

We lucked into an exit row; they put a family w/baby in the row in front of us which had originally been ours, but either it was really quiet or I was really stoned because I heard very little sound from it. The seats on this plane didn't recline quite as much as the flight out, so my sleep was inhibited a bit but that was made up for by the fact that they turned on channel 9 (the flight communications with the tower), which fascinates me. I knew a big ol' pocket of turbulence was coming up even before it hit because I heard them discussing it. Tony slept right through the rocking and rolling!

As Brad said, he and Tony chatted quite a bit. It's funny because I am a fast walker and always up towards the front, and those two would be towards the back just strolling along leisurely and chatting. They were the smart ones I think...my feet are paying me back for being a commando-style touring person.

I should have the last day done by this evening if not before because I did most of it at the airport. Lordy, I miss the semi-no-wait singles line Soarin' already!

Once again Brab thanks for another excellent installment of the Maiden Voyage. :thumbsup2
Brad, can't wait to see your photo's and the rest of you blog, we have so enjoyed everything you posted. And why does stitch get in all the photos and not you?:confused3

Do you think anything will be changed because of any input you guts gave?

Have a safe flight home.

I'm at the airport now, trying to get an earlier flight home. This place is just too blazing hot and better I get home late tonight and enjoy a day off tomorrow rather than fly in at 6 am and go right to work on Tuesday.

I really dislike having my photo taken, I can't explain it. and I try not to take photos with people in them unless I'm really familiar with them, which is why I won't have any photos of anyone else on the tour either.

as far as any changes goes, the only biggie I can think of offhand is that they dropped the tour on the first full day at the end that they did on the dress rehearsal and it doesn't seem they have a viable replacement yet (although what they gave us was great) and I remember Quinn and Diana asking on the bus afterwards if we enjoyed it (big yes) and if it should be included with future groups (big no - well, maybe some said yes, but i think the majority wanted to keep it unique)

I also think F! and the fireworks nights should be reversed, not only because it should be seen closer to the hub the first time someone sees it (although the effects they added to TSI is pretty neat), but also there's a much greater chance of the fireworks being canceled over F! so it will at least offer a plan B in that scenario.

Hey, Brad, how bad is LAX today? I was expecting a zoo, but last night the baggage check and security lines were virtually non-existent. Might be because it was Sun. night, as I always pictured something insane on the scale of O'Hare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter