Live Report from the 4/22 Backstage Magic

Tracey, Great Pics! That pic of the Lilly Belle leaving the station is very nice. How were you able to get that picture? It looks like was taken from the platform.

Tracey, Great Pics! That pic of the Lilly Belle leaving the station is very nice. How were you able to get that picture? It looks like was taken from the platform.

Garett (the Lead CM for Main Street/Adventureland) was kind enough to let Scott back onto the platform just as the train was pulling away.

I can't say enough great things about all the cast members we met during our trip - they took time out of their busy schedules to share their part in making the magic - and appeared genuinely happy to be doing so!

Slowly but surely, the photos are going up - I think Scott got partway thru Walt's Barn last night. They get loaded to Webshots first, then he picks the cream of the crop to put in the trip report itself.

I just finished updating the reset of the report with pictures! Thanks for all the kind comments!

I love how the photos and memories just keep coming! I'm still not quite ready to believe that this vacation is over so I am still living it vicariously now through the pics. and reports.

Wow Tracey & Scott those are some awesome pictures.
I got so excited seeing the 9 old men's handprints & I spotted another favorite Julie Andrews in your pictures too!!!!!!! I just know I am going to get misty & be very shiny eyed on this trip seeing all these reminders of people that I have admired so much over the years.
Looks like your view for Fantasmic & the parade was awesome.
I really have enjoyed all of the different viewpoints of the trip.

Garett (the Lead CM for Main Street/Adventureland) was kind enough to let Scott back onto the platform just as the train was pulling away.

I can't say enough great things about all the cast members we met during our trip - they took time out of their busy schedules to share their part in making the magic - and appeared genuinely happy to be doing so!

That is so awesome they did that for Scott. Normally the trains will not move at all if there is a guest on the platform which is why your picture instally stuck out to me for being something speical. Not very pics out there like that.

That is so awesome they did that for Scott. Normally the trains will not move at all if there is a guest on the platform which is why your picture instally stuck out to me for being something speical. Not very pics out there like that.

Garett was really a great cast member and really enjoyed showing the tour group around his part of the magic. His area was Main Street and Adventureland, so he was with us at Indy as well.

Not sure if the info belong here or not but I don't want to start a new thread for it. But I was talking with Michael Broggie who is the head of the Carolwood Pacific Historical Society and he mentioned that they arranged at least 3 more trips to Walt's Barn for upcoming Adventures by Disney trips, I believe he mentioned some dates in June but I really don't know if that is correct or not. So basically, there will be a couple more trips to Walt's barn. Don't expect it on every trip but there should be some more coming up!

Not sure if the info belong here or not but I don't want to start a new thread for it. But I was talking with Michael Broggie who is the head of the Carolwood Pacific Historical Society and he mentioned that they arranged at least 3 more trips to Walt's Barn for upcoming Adventures by Disney trips, I believe he mentioned some dates in June but I really don't know if that is correct or not. So basically, there will be a couple more trips to Walt's barn. Don't expect it on every trip but there should be some more coming up!

June ... But I'm not going until August ... I'll keep my fingers crossed!

One of these is the DVC only trip, September 2-7.

Barb, Have you gotten those photos from your hubby yet??????:worship:
Tracey's were great, looking forward to seeing yours.

I just demanded them and he handed me the camera, so they are downloading onto my laptop right now. Then I get the fun of resizing them and popping them into a blog page!

Can't wait to see your photo's too Barb!!!!
I just can't seem to get enough of reading/seeing your adventures.
I must check Brad's blog spot 2 or 3 times a day waiting for more from him. My obsession is a sickness.:lmao:

Excellent trip report! Glad you had such a good time. I hope that others will be encouraged to also write comprehensive reports about ABD tours. Thanks!

Barb, Tracey and Scott: thank you so much for posting your trip reports online! I know it takes work and a lot of time to write them and upload pictures. I've enjoyed reading about your experiences and looking through the photos. I'm active on another Disney message board with a heavy focus on Disneyland. And they have quite a few people interested in the Backstage Magic tour, so I posted links to your blogs/sites over there. I hope you don't mind.

I don't think I'll ever be able to the Backstage Magic tour, so I'm able to live vicariously through your reports and photos. Thanks again for writing them! It sounds like you all had a wonderful time. :goodvibes

i'll try to work on my blog later tonight. hard to do during work and i'm actually going to see prince caspian tonight so i have no idea when i'll get home

this is a shot I took of the handprints in front of the Disney Studios screening room, I'm pretty sure it's in my blog too

286508499_hsgXf-XL.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter