May 10, 2008 Ship of Thieves! Stealing the Magic..AGAIN!!! Panama Canal FL to CA!!! Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: Oh, don't worry! Won't take to long before you learn to just skim through reading quickly and typing like the wind to ones you want to reply to. And another little secret is just go about your normal day, but just pop in every so often and speed-read through what you've missed. Or get Tom involved and have him take turns with you and you can keep each other updated on whatever you've missed! Yeah, he'd think we're all nuts! But tell him a few husbands do actually post here (well, primarily one....but a couple others pop in now and then).

I was teasing. I actually got alot done today.
Need to borrow your lawbooks LOL Our neighbor was at it again today. Her tree is hanging over into our yard on our birdcage and she refuses to cut down or let us on her side to do it at all.Says she will call police if we do it. Well I said a strong wind and its going through our birdcage so you better do something. This is the one that banged the pots and pans while you were here out back and poisoned the neighbor on the other sides dog and she puts stakes on sides of her yard to impale the ducks so they dont go on her yard. I mean shes just plain crazy. I found out shes a retired pharmacist( think she took too many while working). I have a guy coming out tomorrow to give me a estimate and took pictures and made copies . I figure if she doesnt pay we can go on Judge Judy or Peoples Court . Those pics of NYC looked great and wed get a free trip LOL

How about everyone chips in and in honor of the family or the grandparents you all make a donation to a charity everyone favors? Our families each choose a kid from an Angel Tree at church or in the community and make those purchases in honor of the rest of the family.

Jan :earsgirl:

Hi..welcome back from your trip. We love the angel tree. I first did it years ago hoping my little will learn more about giving...they surprised me. I expected my oldest DS to be really upset picking things he would love and letting go in the end but he didn't mind. I always try to pick boy his age and a girl my DD age and they pick things for them and we donate in the end ...I think we'll make that a tradition from now on. I'm still figuring out how they could feel it more...maybe use their allowance money that month?:confused3
Any other ideas on how the little ones could give more...my DD(5), DS(7)atoc...I thought they might be too young to volunteer in the soup kitchen but they thought they were too young. Any thoughts?

Ok so it looks like if we have nine people we can rent a private van for $12 a piece. Not bad. I will look into it more and call a few companies soon.

On the 10 night last year DH and I did a zip line tour. It was a blast! I hope to do it on this one as it sounds different. It is really safe, although the guy behind us did get cut really bad:headache: . It is very safe, harnesses, clips and when you reach a platform the clip you to a tree.

I was teasing. I actually got alot done today.
Need to borrow your lawbooks LOL Our neighbor was at it again today. Her tree is hanging over into our yard on our birdcage and she refuses to cut down or let us on her side to do it at all.Says she will call police if we do it. Well I said a strong wind and its going through our birdcage so you better do something. This is the one that banged the pots and pans while you were here out back and poisoned the neighbor on the other sides dog and she puts stakes on sides of her yard to impale the ducks so they dont go on her yard. I mean shes just plain crazy. I found out shes a retired pharmacist( think she took too many while working). I have a guy coming out tomorrow to give me a estimate and took pictures and made copies . I figure if she doesnt pay we can go on Judge Judy or Peoples Court . Those pics of NYC looked great and wed get a free trip LOL
:rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: I feel the need to also let everybody here know your wacko neighbor also hangs her underwear out in the front yard to dry so everybody can see! :scared1: I'm so happy I haven't experienced crazy neighbors yet! I don't know how you keep your sanity with her around!

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: I feel the need to also let everybody here know your wacko neighbor also hangs her underwear out in the front yard to dry so everybody can see! :scared1: I'm so happy I haven't experienced crazy neighbors yet! I don't know how you keep your sanity with her around!

Yes, that she does. Bethany asked me if the green ones were " moldy" when we were pulling out of our driveway. I was lmao. She just hates everyone and everything and we do our best to avoid her but its hard.

OK, fortified with KFC and Diet Pepsi, I made it through page 1500.

We are in Sarasota which is on the Gulf side (west) and in between st pete and naples.

I've stayed at Clearwater Beach a few times in conjunction with WDW trips, and I love that area. If I were ever forced to live in FL humidity...the Gulf side is the place to be! :thumbsup2

Thank goodness I'll be with all of you and Venetia on Mother's Day....that's a relief. My mom loved peach roses...she had them at her funeral. Maybe I could get a peach rose and drop it in the water, where ever we are on Mother's Day. Venetia said she was going to release a tink balloon for her mom this weekend in DL. Maybe we can do flowers and balloons for our mom's on the crusie. That would be nice.:cloud9: :angel: :cloud9:

I don't think DCL will allow us to throw anything from the ship, but it's a great idea for us all to do something togethr in remembrance of our mom's who have passed. Is that a sea day? I'll have to look that up.

My mother, who lost her mom at age 18, wrote a wonderful Mother's Day poem....let's see if I can remember without looking it up.

And now your day is here again
The Nation honors you
For your love and understanding
And for your foresight too.

Every day I thank the Lord
And every night I pray
For the mother that God gave me
And the one He took away.

Miss Deb - Did Jackie sign us up for this? I would LOVE to join the TEA! We once had tea with Mary Poppins in DL when they still used to do that - and I just LOVED IT! I HOPE I'm not inviting myself to something that isn't open to everyone. (HOW :blush: embarrassing!!!!) Did I spell that correctly?

I do believe I did include you for this event when I signed up.

What Dec sailing are you on? That is our usual month to sail....our anniversary is 12/2 but we usually sail after the 8th or so due to my work.

Don't know if Peg responded to this yet. We are sailing on a 3 day on 12/6 (after four days at WDW). The 4 day that week (which I think is the one Marilyn is on) will also have "Mousefest" people on it, so will be full of Disney savvy folks.

OK, I promised a couple of pictures of Olivia- so here you go!

And yes, this is how we sleep --

IMG_2417.jpg

OK....this brought back LOTS of memories of sharing a bed with Peggy! When she moved out of the crib it was to share with me (all three sisters shared the 'big' bedroom). Although, usually, she would be sleeping crosswise with her feet in my back!

Jackie, you are the horsey rider huh? I forgot I'm so clueless....I need a cheat sheet to remember names and what makes each of you tick....

Well, made it through 1510! But that's all for tonight.

I baked a peach/blueberry cobbler for DrHug tonight. Now he's a happy man! :goodvibes

O.K. I'm drooling now!

OK....I'd like a slice of that, please!

HI!

i am still alive and well...just too busy for computer time...i will have lots more time now that the kids are in school!!!! :lmao: :rotfl2:

good to be back!

ELIZABETH! Good to see you here again! :wave:

Sounds like what I SHOULD be doing today - instead I'm going to the San Diego Scrapbook Expo for the day and then going over a friend's house after to continue scrapping this evening.

Oh man, I have got to get back to crafting....hmmmm....see next comment.

I need a cleaning service...I hate to clean.

I'm with you there, sista! Perhaps if the place was clean, I'd start back on some crafts! I think I'm going to bite the bullet and just call MerryMaids or somebody to 'kick start' a clean up campaign! ::yes::

I love it out here. We've lived here for almost 7 years. I live near Desert Ridge/Scottsdale. If you are ever back here try the JW Marriott at Desert Ridge it's really nice. I've been to the spa there twice (I'm really not a spa person I'm really low maintenance) and it was great. :thumbsup2 .

Peg hits this spa and loves it there.
You know, we are so close, we shouldn't wait to try to arrange a big DIS meet....let's just try for lunch or Starbucks at Desert Ridge or something. PM me if you'd like to do that.

Well I feel bad for Jackie and John1 when they get home...they have a LOT of catching up to do....we have all been so chatty lately....keep it going....:flower3: :rolleyes1 :flower3:

::yes:: :surfweb: :surfweb: :surfweb: :surfweb: :surfweb: :surfweb:

Well, time for a dose of Nyquil and off to bed for me.
(Haven't even opened my suitcase...guess I'll have to in the morniing to drag out the cosmetics, etc.)

Jackie, you are the horsey rider huh? I forgot I'm so clueless....I need a cheat sheet to remember names and what makes each of you tick....

Peg (TiggersPal) is the equestrian (dressage, jumping, cross country) of the family (she has two horses). I haven't ridden in years (too fat....bad knees), but did have a horse of my own 'back in the day'. I certainly would use a horseback excursion as additional motivation for weight loss for the cruise (and LIFE!). Can't wait to hear the details on the PV excursion (Peg????)

OK...now I'm REALLY going to bed....

Good morning. I think it is going to be a little warmer today and improving towards the weekend. Thoughts are with the folk in the line of Dean though!:sad2:

when I got in the car the outside temp reading was 100! The girls are playing pirate ships on their beds, this has been a favorite game as of late.

Samantha did great today. Her teacher said she was a huge help. I am happy for that.

Well done Samantha!:thumbsup2

You'd think I'd be thinking about our trip next week however I am thinking about the cruise!!

Me too. This cruise has taken over my life. I fear severe depression next June!:rotfl:

Home safe and sound from Breckenridge. Got a cold in my nose.....

YIKES! 71 pages to catch up on!!!! What's been going on??? I'll read 'em...but it may take a while.

Welcome back. Yes, we have rambled on and on and on.....!

We have had no trouble with bugs anywhere. The ship leaves Castaway Cay at 5 because that is when the MOSQUITOES come out with a vengence. We have been to St. Thomas, St. Martin, Key West, Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Nassau with no bug problems at all. I spent a week on Cozumel last month and had no bug bites. We were out all hours of the day and still not bugs. Some had a few bites though, so maybe I am lucky.

I took a bottle of Avon's Skin So Soft Bath Oil and people slathered that on. For some reason the bugs hate it and people think each other smells pretty good.

Ah, yes. This has been recommended over here. They do a dry oil spray, so that should be easy to use.

okay, who was it that said they ride and will ride with Molly? Was it your sister????

I got my Disney.com UPS box :banana: :banana: :banana:

I got DIS lime shirts for DH & I and tried to get 2 for the kids, but....they sent me an email telling me they ran out and could only ship 1. OKAY who gets it? Now I'm in the hunt for 1 DIS Mickey shirt.

Also got the postcards outfits for all of us. (okay, and a tshirt and shorts for me and 3 mickey polos for Molly, she can wear them as their uniform shirts to school)

What are 'postcard outfits'! Do I need to get one?:laughing:

Ok so it looks like if we have nine people we can rent a private van for $12 a piece. Not bad. I will look into it more and call a few companies soon.

On the 10 night last year DH and I did a zip line tour. It was a blast! I hope to do it on this one as it sounds different. It is really safe, although the guy behind us did get cut really bad:headache: . It is very safe, harnesses, clips and when you reach a platform the clip you to a tree.

That is a good price. Loads better than $85!! :) Thanks for looking. We will have loads of luggage between us, so that needs to be taken into consideration. Deborah(Scottishwee) hasn't been on here to ask if she has booked Candy Cane Inn yet.

Still thinking about the zipline tour!!

Don't know if Peg responded to this yet. We are sailing on a 3 day on 12/6 (after four days at WDW). The 4 day that week (which I think is the one Marilyn is on) will also have "Mousefest" people on it, so will be full of Disney savvy folks.

Yes, we sail on a 4 night cruise on 2nd December. It happens to be the Mousefest cruise, though that isn't the reason we are going then. However we have registered with Mousefest so we can make the most of it. It does sound like a lot of fun with some extra activities you can join in on.

Would be lovely to have some from here on the cruise.:dance3:

How do the EB people know what the excursions will be and we don't? Our events and itinerary should be planned before theirs.

Just speculation, based on what was offered last time.

Sorry to barge in!

I just noticed that GatorFamily is also from Cave Creek!! What a small world...so am I.

To John H, Vanessa and Angie,

Hello from an old friend. Probably won't be cruising again until 09. Have a trip to WDW in Feb 08 with Wendy......Hope all is well with you.

Good morning everyone, and good to hear from you Jordan!

Keep January '09 in your thoughts - a bunch of us are looking at that time frame!

Morning John(and Amy!) You sound cheerful. I hope the work day goes well today.

Ahhhhh . . . but they day is young, and just begun. Plenty of time to turn sour . . . not pessimism, but realism.

Cleveland (even Public Square) is NOTHING like NYC - no comparison. NYC was literally shoulder to shoulder people all over midtown and Times Square. There were so many people in Times Square it was literally overwhelming. It was kind of cool for awhile - but with a 7 year old in tow a bit of a challenge.

Riding in a NYC taxi is another experience altogether - although they are not allowed to honk anymore. If I had to do the same driving, I would NEVER make it. They literally squeeze in inches from other cars and almost collide at every intersection!

I'm all to aware of how this feels, I never got over it and I worked there for years. as for the cabby's they have a special School for them "the Kamikaze school for Insane drivers" most pass with honers:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

How do the EB people know what the excursions will be and we don't? Our events and itinerary should be planned before theirs.

Just speculation, based on what was offered last time.

Sorry to barge in!

I just noticed that GatorFamily is also from Cave Creek!! What a small world...so am I.

Yes, and I think the person who posted it was on the previous Panama sailing and posted what was offered at that time!! I am just trying to plan plan plan!:thumbsup2

Tuesday!

Another day down. No one wanted to get up today!! John is off and we have someone coming to quote us on pool service today. It's something we should be able to do ourselves but find that it slips through and we are spending close to the amount on supplies that could be used for the service. We will see what he says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter