Michael Jackson Interview

dzneelvr: point well taken! I for one get angry at myself sometimes for paying so much attention to what these "superstars" are saying/doing. They really think they are much more important than they should be do to their wealth, and status in Hollywood, but it DOES bother me when there is the possibility of children suffering at the hands of one of these "money can't touch" me types. I guess that is what keeps me following this saga. I for one would not be bothered at all to see him loose his wealth over this, and see what it is like to live i the "real" world, but it will never happen, plus their "friends" always take them back when they do something against the law, put them in a new movie or advance their career.....i.e. Winona Ryder, Robert Downey Jr. and the list goes on of those who have laughed in the face of laws that you and I must adhere to.

On the courtTV website, there is now a link to the court documents that were originally filed back in 1993 by the young boy who said MJ had molested him. Makes for interesting reading, and after reading it, and finding out that MJ paid the boy off to keep it all quiet, it really makes the revelations of MJ the other evening seem even more frightening.

If ANY part of the document is true about what went on, it is quite sad that not only MJ got away with doing this, but that this young man's mother was a part of letting in go on too.

I watched the interview twice Saturday. I watched it after reading all of the posts on this boards.

I am not a big MJ fan. Never have been. I grew up with his music, his first hit I was 11 years old, he was 9. My boss was a BIG fan and we had knock down drag out fights about his image and the way he totally negates everything about him that is my culture.

After the interview I had no hatred for him. I DID have a feeling of true sadness, though. For a child who never grew up and a vile father who caused this.

He was verbally and physically abused by an abuser who STILL refuses to own up to it. The result? A maniacally sick grown man who has enough money to fill all of his fantasies instead of in a cardboard box in the corner of 42nd street talking to himself....

I can't hate him though, like the posts I've read today. I just can't. The interview was a nightmare, 8 months of information, but none of the editorials that Martin Bashir said without MJ around, did he say to his face. He was very careful to stay on his good side, and did up until the end.

I came away with a sick feeling in my stomach. If only verbally abusive parents could only see what they produce and let loose into this world. My family has two very serious cases, and yes, they have reproduced and the cycle continues. No, they are not interviewed on television but their stories are just as sick and sad.

The whole thing has really given me cause to wonder. It also made me happy to have raised my son to believe in himself and love who and what he is. I live in a world that tells us on a regular basis that what and who we are is ugly and unattractive, it is my choice what to believe. I have to lift up and edify my son every minute of everyday so he can be proud of himself and his culture. So far, thank God, it has worked.

Robinrs:

So sorry for your situation, but you have made personal decisions that bring about positive consequences.
That is an accountability that MJ has not made.

Say what you will about the content, format, and/or logistics of the interview with MJ, he is an adult man fully capable of purchasing the best mental health and/or psychological help money can buy.
Instead of getting help, he chooses daily to continue the unhealthy activity.
Is it difficult to face facts and go down the path to change--YES. But for every abused individual who has made the hard choice to get help, MJ selfishly hasn't.

His is a purely individual situation that should have the appropriate consequences. For every cause, there is an effect.
I pray that his effect will be his alone, and not those three kids.

My second prayer is that he is unable to carry out his adoption plan of "2 children from every continent of the world". No innocent child should be subject to his world.

:earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter