No gaiters only a mask with loops or ties

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are strictly enforcing the face covering. I was at MK yesterday and ended up quite sick from the heat while waiting at The Plaza for our table. I was bending over with my head between my legs trying not to be sick (at this point I was sitting in a chair) when the paramedics came. The first thing the EMT said to me was that I had to reattach my face mask (It was hanging from 1 of my ears). My BP dropped like a rock and my arms were numb and in pain. But my face mask was on...😷

Sorry you got sick. Obviously, the EMT is going to do everything to protect themself, by requiring you to wear the mask.

It doesnt matter. Disney has made the decision so its not open for discussion. There are more important things to worry about.
I mean, yeah? I never said they couldn’t do it? If they wanted to, they could charge people $20 for a fresh pack of approved masks every day for entry into the park.

I’m not sure why it’s not open for people to discuss though. How many discussions are happening about Disney’s other decisions like opening during a pandemic or changing Splash Mountain or keeping some resorts closed or the NBA deal?

I mean, yeah? I never said they couldn’t do it? If they wanted to, they could charge people $20 for a fresh pack of approved masks every day for entry into the park.

I’m not sure why it’s not open for people to discuss though. How many discussions are happening about Disney’s other decisions like opening during a pandemic or changing Splash Mountain or keeping some resorts closed or the NBA deal?

How dare you discuss things on a discussion board? :rotfl2:

Also curious about a gaiter with loops. My full-bearded husband needs something that covers a little more than a regular mask.

If anyone is looking for inexpensive and breathable masks, we found BYD brand masks at our Costco for $20 for a 50 pack. Where we live pretty much everyone is wearing a mask, so I'm sure they are flying off the shelves, but they were only limiting to 5 per household so I think they have a big/steady supply.

We have been wearing 100% quilting cotton masks made from the rectangular CDC pattern, but have found them pretty unbearable for more than a few minutes outside with the heat/humidty. The flat elastic (1/8 and 1/4 inch) is also uncomfortable. These masks from Costco use a soft, extremely stretchy ear loop material that fits both of us (our face sizes vary too much to fit in the same sized homemade masks) and they were so breathable that we were outside for over an hour in 90 degree heat this weekend and barely noticed them!

I'm wary of the masks being sold on Amazon but these Costco masks seem to be pretty well vetted and do not have a smell at all. I believe BYD is supplying masks to the State of California, so they're probably some of the best non-surgical blue masks we can get our hands on in the US right now. I will stick to my reusable cotton masks for every day, but when I feel comfortable vacationing again I will stick to these disposable masks.

If anyone is looking for inexpensive and breathable masks, we found BYD brand masks at our Costco for $20 for a 50 pack.
......I'm wary of the masks being sold on Amazon but these Costco masks seem to be pretty well vetted and do not have a smell at all. I will stick to my reusable cotton masks for every day, but when I feel comfortable vacationing again I will stick to these disposable masks.
Thanks so much for this recommendation. I want to buy a pk of the disposables to have as extras for our Sept trip. I've been hesitant to buy off of amazon bc some of the "non-surgical" blue ones have bad reviews. I will stop by my Costco this afternoon! :thanks:

I never tried a gaitor, but it seems it would be hot around the neck? Just curious. I have a few masks that are good for me, comfortable.

Gaiter are made for outdoors activities... they are much more breathable, and actually keep you cooler, than the standard face mask... We use ours with a chilly pad, under the neck and it will really help keep you cooler... DH and I both have one, we use them on our boat, keeps the bugs out of your mouth when fishing early in the morning, and mosquitoes from eating you alive...

We have park reservations later this month... so I am going to be watching to see if by then the change the policy...

I could sew loops on ours, to be within the guidelines...

You are not the one making the decision so just do as they ask and not make it a big deal.....or don't go, its really quite simple.
Seriously your comment is not warranted. I can disagree with a silly policy that makes zero sense and that does not mean I won't follow the rules. I am sorry that you are so narrow minded that you can't see that! Your assumption that I would make a big deal out of it is ridiculous and you know what they say about people who assume!

Serious question, how the heck are some of y’all wearing gaiters that led to their ban? Mine fits snuggly against my face and goes OVER my ears and wraps around just below where a hat might sit on the back of my head. It’s never been even remotely close to sliding down on any roller coaster at UO this past month. Isn’t this more a result of people improperly wearing them (just like we see people who let their noses peek out their ear loop masks from time to time...)?

It doesnt matter. Disney has made the decision so its not open for discussion. There are more important things to worry about.
You are not the one making the decision so just do as they ask and not make it a big deal.....or don't go, its really quite simple.

You don't get to tell people what they can discuss on these boards. It's in the guidelines and the Moderators will determine if someone can or can't discuss something. This thread is about no gaiters being allowed in the parks and is very useful to those guests who prefer gaiters and we're planning on using gaiters. If it was out of line the moderator would have closed the thread already.

Serious question, how the heck are some of y’all wearing gaiters that led to their ban? Mine fits snuggly against my face and goes OVER my ears and wraps around just below where a hat might sit on the back of my head. It’s never been even remotely close to sliding down on any roller coaster at UO this past month. Isn’t this more a result of people improperly wearing them (just like we see people who let their noses peek out their ear loop masks from time to time...)?
Not sure it was caused by people wearing them incorrectly. Disney's requirements for face covering state it must "Be secured with ties or ear loops", so that would exclude a gaiter unless the gaiter has ear loops or ties. So, they are just going by exactly what their requirements state (even though a gaiter would be acceptable under CDC guidelines).

Good question. My gaiter is far more secure than any of the masks I've tried. A few of our local parks have opened and I've worn it on some insane coasters with zero issues. Really not understanding the "be secured with ties or ear loops" requirement. I see more people with standard masks worn incorrectly than anything. (Under nose, just hanging etc.). I've also seen more standard masks laying on the ground for whatever reason than I have ever seen gaiters.

I fully understand Disney can require what they want. Requiring masks is one thing; requiring a certain type is just looking for people to start complaining even more, especially when the requirement doesn't make any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter