No good upgraded magic bands available, why?

I started trying about a week ago for our 11/2 arrival. If they were easier to get I'd wait longer, but it sounds like I could spend the next 6 weeks striking out. If I haven't succeeded by late September I plan to order solid bands with skins. (My ability to stalk the MB site will decrease significantly when I go back to work in 3 weeks, which is the other reason I started trying this early.)
Teacher? I go back soon too 😭

I won’t go into the detail about how I have been trying to order 3 special ones for 2 weeks now. But I am so pissed about this. Today I got the closest I ever got. All 3 specials ordered with no ‘out of stock messages’. UNTIL I go to check out. The “out of stock”

At least it was the first time I got close to making it to the check out.

I keep refreshing, reloading, refreshing, reloading. It is maddening. 😡😡😡

Completely different stocks and people in charge of the two. The resort side likely pays for and keeps track of their own magic band offering. The dot com store side is a completely different group who is in charge of never having a shortage. Then you have the parks side that keeps their own stock at the various stores around WDW.

One having stock has nothing to do with another one. They don't go to the Disney Springs store to grab your Goofy band to ship for your Pop Century stay.

That being said having a much more limited window to when you could select your bands would likely help. Right now you get people with November/December stays taking bands prior to September stays.

My best luck for both of my stays were at 7:30am EST. If you have 6/7/8 people you are not likely to get everyone's first choice.

It sucks but honestly for me it was part of the "fun" as it gave me something to do other than just reading this forum every second and watching youtube videos over and over lol.
The MBA side of my brain understands what you're saying. That's basically what Disney said when I asked them. I never thought anybody was running to Disney Springs to fetch a band for me. I get it.

But the consumer side of my brain says this is just dumb. It's all Disney, period.

Back to the MBA side, I wonder why they can't control the MagicBand stock from one primary source. The fact that it isn't all integrated is ridiculous.

I like your limited time window idea. Other possible solutions:
- Provide a credit of $14.99 in lieu of the band, and allow that credit to be used on shop Disney's website.
- Allow backorders for goodness sake. Are they really that clueless on upcoming inventory of these things?

Thankfully I've got a146 days to go, on the flip side I've got another 146 days of frustration left to go too.

Disney can do better then this, and they should.

I wanted the gay MagicBand and I got it after three tries.

The frustrating thing is that you don’t know it’s out of stock until the very last moment of the ordering process.

The frustrating thing is that you don’t know it’s out of stock until the very last moment of the ordering process.
You'd have to pay extra to find out sooner. 🤣

It seems to me like this is more of a way to offload extra stock vs being a real offering. That said, it's still annoying for those who want the upgraded bands. They go through the trouble of promoting them, but can't build a web site that let's you buy them. Really classy.

Completely different stocks and people in charge of the two. The resort side likely pays for and keeps track of their own magic band offering. The dot com store side is a completely different group who is in charge of never having a shortage. Then you have the parks side that keeps their own stock at the various stores around WDW.

One having stock has nothing to do with another one. They don't go to the Disney Springs store to grab your Goofy band to ship for your Pop Century stay.

That being said having a much more limited window to when you could select your bands would likely help. Right now you get people with November/December stays taking bands prior to September stays.

My best luck for both of my stays were at 7:30am EST. If you have 6/7/8 people you are not likely to get everyone's first choice.

It sucks but honestly for me it was part of the "fun" as it gave me something to do other than just reading this forum every second and watching youtube videos over and over lol.
I totally agree about having a more limited window - our trip is coming up in 12 days and we have 5 days left to pick our magic bands.... I have tried on and off since June... it is absolutely crazy....

I hope offering the premium bands for resort guests doesn't become more trouble than it is worth so that Disney decides to end what they will then call a limited time offering.

I won’t go into the detail about how I have been trying to order 3 special ones for 2 weeks now. But I am so pissed about this. Today I got the closest I ever got. All 3 specials ordered with no ‘out of stock messages’. UNTIL I go to check out. The “out of stock”

At least it was the first time I got close to making it to the check out.

I keep refreshing, reloading, refreshing, reloading. It is maddening. 😡😡😡

This is exactly what I'm going through right now. I have 26 more days left to order them, but I'm only giving myself until the 20 day mark to make the decision to order the plain bands again.

Tinker Bell is the bane of my existence, I wake up in the middle of the night like 1:30 PST and she's listed but not available... I watch for the turn overs that seem to happen every 43 minutes after the hour and when she pops up - not available.... it's frustrating. My thing is why can they just not have it listed if it's not available! Someone has a sick sense of humor with these upgrades.

They should have at the very least a minimum quantity of like 20-30 available at any time, I feel like everyone is climbing over each other to get the 1 band that's available in any particular style....

Tinker Bell is the bane of my existence, I wake up in the middle of the night like 1:30 PST and she's listed but not available... I watch for the turn overs that seem to happen every 43 minutes after the hour and when she pops up - not available.... it's frustrating. My thing is why can they just not have it listed if it's not available! Someone has a sick sense of humor with these upgrades.

They should have at the very least a minimum quantity of like 20-30 available at any time, I feel like everyone is climbing over each other to get the 1 band that's available in any particular style....

This! Exactly this!!!

OMG i tried for so long too! I didnt get the 4 I wanted but i was just happy i could actually get to the checkout screen and finish!
Wanted the dole whip so bad and the castle or any mickey one. settled for the minnie and venelope. Also got the black toy story one and the park treats one

Maybe it's just me, but I think it's getting worse. I have a split stay, so I'm trying to get one for each resort. So far I've been able to get Captain Marvel, but every time a new one comes up it's out of stock.

At this point, I'd take any female character.

I just kept trying 2-3 times per day for about a month. I had to settle for one that was far down my list of preferences so that I could get the special edition Mickey Halloween one for DH and not just end up with a solid coloured one for me. We're back in December so I'm hoping it will have settled down by then and I'll have a better set of selections.

It seems to me like this is more of a way to offload extra stock vs being a real offering.
When I think about it this way, it's not as frustrating. Of course, that's not what Disney told us the deal was... but the more I think about it, the more this is the only thing that makes sense.

I've been trying since day one to get the Toy Story Aliens for my DS as AP band and the Pirates for DH as AP band. Every single time I see them available when I try to check out they tell me they aren't available (after being able to choose them). Very annoying. DS finally chose something else. DH is still hoping to get the pirates one. Sigh! I did finally get the snacks one for myself that I'd been trying to get since day one!

I refuse to just settle for a band just to get one. If I can’t get the castle one I want, I’ll just stick with a plain band. Even if it is only $10, I don’t want to pay to get a band I really don’t care about.

I couldn’t get one for our trip this weekend. And I don’t have much hope of getting one for our December trip either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter