No good upgraded magic bands available, why?

We were gifted themed MB on our last trip but DD wanted to try for new ones. No luck so we got new solid colored one to replace the pucks in a coordinating color.

I've been trying 2-3 times a day at various times, can only find 1 (if I'm lucky) of the bands we'd like. This morning I think Disney finally gave up pretending and this was the result. No special bands at all. I can only assume the same team that is responsible for the Magic Bands is the same team that can't keep mugs instock at Trader Sam's in Disney World.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 7.53.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-17 at 7.53.23 AM.png
    86.2 KB · Views: 9
I've been trying 2-3 times a day at various times, can only find 1 (if I'm lucky) of the bands we'd like. This morning I think Disney finally gave up pretending and this was the result. No special bands at all. I can only assume the same team that is responsible for the Magic Bands is the same team that can't keep mugs instock at Trader Sam's in Disney World.

I saw this today as well! It’s still like that right now. Hoping this means things will be changing for the better.

I've also been checking at least 3x a day for the last 2 weeks. Today I'm only seeing solids and I'm not getting a message about the ability to upgrade bands. I wonder what's going on. Have they suspended the program? Temporarily or permanently? Or do they just have none in stock, and the website finally reflects that?

The site is extremely glitchy, that’s for sure. I was able to order a “Nightmare Before Christmas” band for DH for the trip we took early this month, but I grew weary of trying for myself, so I stayed with the plain pink. For our upcoming trip in January I was able to order a Star Wars band for him and an Olaf band for myself. I guess I just got lucky. It is a frustrating process.

I'm still seeing only solid bands, though the upgraded band message is back. Fingers crossed that the website reflects which bands are really in stock when they show up again!

For what it's worth, and in hopes they are working on fixing things, this is all that shows now.Screen Shot 2019-08-18 at 1.55.29 PM.png

For what it's worth, and in hopes they are working on fixing things, this is all that shows now.View attachment 426959

I've been getting that off and on for the last 2-3 days. It usually happens on my phone but not the computer. Within a couple of hours I'm back to seeing the solid bands. But yes, fingers crossed that it means they're working on things!

You mean they had stock at some point? :rotfl2:

Sorry. Just a wee bit frustrated over this issue. 😬

Yep, I just saw them yesterday when I had booked and honestly didn't know about them at all. Then today they were gone, so I asked in the chat. They told me that 3 different times.. soo annoying once I started reading through these threads....

Yep, I just saw them yesterday when I had booked and honestly didn't know about them at all. Then today they were gone, so I asked in the chat. They told me that 3 different times.. soo annoying once I started reading through these threads....

Welcome to our little club. I’ve been trying to score just 3 special ones for at least 4 weeks. Never works out. Ever.

I can “see” them all day long. Just can’t get to order completion without something being “out of stock” even if it previously looks like it is and is picked out.

It’s actually inexcusable. But it’s Disney. And they get away with this stuff. And they shouldn’t.

I don’t even know who to call about it because it’s not done through the regular Disney shop site.

If anyone knows who to contact, let me know. Their phones should be blowing up. Or at least their in boxes.

I wish you the best of luck. Seriously.

Better than I get - I click on the link, and I get:

Access Unavailable
You do not have permission to access this page.

Sorry, but access to the page you requested is unavailable. It may have been moved or deleted, or the URL may contain errors. Please check your spelling

Welp got my hopes up. Saw the options again this morning. Tried to purchase. Got to the payment page. Put in my security code and it just kept spinning. Then said was out of stock....

Wow. This is super annoying. There are lots of options this morning but every one I’ve tried is, of course, out of stock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter