** Official DLR December 2020 Check-In **

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've cancelled my December trip. Still holding out for January or February as of now.

I hope they'll have Lunar New Year food booths for your Jan/Feb trip, so you have some additional fun to look forward to then. Happy planning!

I bit the bullet today. December trip canceled. We are going to WDW. Got our tickets switched with getawaytoday. We have never gone during the week before Christmas before. It might be crowded, but I hope the cap is low enough to make it enjoyable. Could be a mistake, but I didn't want to hinge my trip on a governor's decisions.

I hope you have the best time at WDW! After this crazy year, it'll be a well-deserved vacation.

I officially cancelled our December trip. Booked a June trip instead. Hopefully that one will happen! Good luck to everyone still going!

I hope your June trip is amazing! 🤞Hopefully this craziness is behind us by then.

Who here from out of state is still holding on to their December trip?
We’re booked for the 12-26th and not sure when to pull the plug.

I'm in-state, but Northern California. I'll probably hold out until the first or second week of Nov. Any later and the holidays will be upon us and I want to be able to enjoy it without this uncertainty hanging over my head. I'm sure my family would appreciate getting off the roller coaster of my emotions.😂

Hi we are supposed to go the first week in Dec and at this point , as optimistic as I want to be, I am concerned about the it happening. We have had 3 cancelled cruises ( May, Aug and Nov) so we have been through this vacation roller coaster for quite some time. My question is... we bought park tickets on line... They are good for a year but we bought them in advance knowing when we were going to go. Yes, park tickets are non refundable.... Even if these are extended , we will not be able to use them ( we are doing big trip next Oct for MK anniversary and our cruise -finally), so we are unable to take any additional time off next year. Do we know if they are giving refunds? Also these are park hopper tickets as well...Just wondering before I call again if anyone knows the answers... Last time I called was a few months ago. TIA

Sad day. Decided to pull the plug on DL. Booked tentative trip for Aulani.

Wishing everyone good luck. 🍀

I'm out too. I booked a trip to WDW instead and just bought tickets and made park reservations. I hope all of you who are hanging on still get to go! I just couldn't do it anymore and the uncertainty was sucking the joy from the trip.

Several people have reported they were able to get refunds, it's definitely worth a try.
I called the other day and they said to send an email. Finally got to do it yesterday so fingers crossed we will wait and see. We had free hotel in Ca ( from my daughters work) but, I put a hold on WDW 11/20- 12/5- Hoping to get refund from DL on tickets - We have airfare that we can use from our (3rd) cancelled cruise. Too much up in the air, just want to have a vacation that I know I can go on.. this roller coaster ride is getting old.... (still healthy and Blessed so, that's the most important thing)

I'm out too. I booked a trip to WDW instead and just bought tickets and made park reservations. I hope all of you who are hanging on still get to go! I just couldn't do it anymore and the uncertainty was sucking the joy from the trip.

I did the same! And I’m so glad I did even though I’m so sad to miss Disneyland at my favorite time of year. The back and forth with Newsom was taking all the fun out of it and just making me miserable.

Sad day. Decided to pull the plug on DL. Booked tentative trip for Aulani.

Wishing everyone good luck. 🍀
Aulani sounds amazing right about now. I hope your Hawaii trip works out and you have some fun in the sun to look forward to.

I'm so happy you'll have some Disney magic at WDW soon. I hope it's the best trip ever for you and your family!

Cancelled our December hotel. Between no opening date and the CDN border still not open, I figure it won't happen. Will see what summer 2021 looks like, we have a Europe cruise booked but if we push that back to 2022 I'm hopeful we can return to Disneyland.

We had trips in March, June, August, September, October and now...Christmas Day. lol. We figured at this point, why not? It’s the only time we would attempt this since there will be crowd restrictions. Hoping for the sake of the CMs and local businesses affected that DL is open by then. Trying to remain hopeful. But it’s getting harder as the days keep passing with no word.

So far, I'm keeping my reservation (though we're likely switching hotels because we divested of the timeshare we were using). However, the BFF and I are considering another day trip to DTD in early December if the price is right (and, right now, it looks to be).

HI I am joining the cancelled train. We were able to get a refund on our tickets and now we are officially booked at Disneyworld instead. Murphys law, now that I changed, DL will probably be open too.

HI I am joining the cancelled train. We were able to get a refund on our tickets and now we are officially booked at Disneyworld instead. Murphys law, now that I changed, DL will probably be open too.
I'm glad that everything worked out quickly and smoothly with your refund, but sorry that you had to ask for one in the first place. If DLR does open up now because of you, the DIS will probably build a statue in your honor!

So, we had such a great time last month on our day trip to downtown Disney that we're going to do it again. My BFF and I just booked a trip the first weekend in December. This time, we're staying overnight - getting in Friday afternoon and leaving Saturday evening. We're staying at the Portofino, flying into LAX (SNA flight fares just didn't work for us this time, but, if there's another flight sale like the last one, we may make a change). We are HOPING that the enhanced shopping options that have been rumored (opening Main Street and Buena Vista for shoppers, for instance) will be in place, but, even if not, we'll have a great time. Tried to make reservations at Ralph Brennan's, but haven't had any openings, yet. I will continue to monitor that situation. We do not expect the parks to be open other than potential shopping, and maybe not even that, but that's okay.

According to MiceChat's lates Disneyland Update (10/19/20):
https://www.micechat.com/273009-dis...3gRoXzCK7jDs58iayQNdw1ZNthza6y4sUP5FWK1QREr0A
We’ve heard on good authority to be on the lookout for an announcement from Knott’s any day now for their winter holiday-themed festival. Additionally, we heard a report that Knott’s has hired a bell choir for this yet-unannounced festival and practice is set to begin this week. So, at least one local theme park will be having Christmas this year! And if Taste of Fall-O-Ween was any indicator of how Knott’s can adapt to current restrictions while retaining its charm, we can’t wait for what they do for the holidays!

Cancelled our December hotel. Between no opening date and the CDN border still not open, I figure it won't happen. Will see what summer 2021 looks like, we have a Europe cruise booked but if we push that back to 2022 I'm hopeful we can return to Disneyland.

That's such a tough spot to be in. I hope summer 2021 works out for you.

We had trips in March, June, August, September, October and now...Christmas Day. lol. We figured at this point, why not? It’s the only time we would attempt this since there will be crowd restrictions. Hoping for the sake of the CMs and local businesses affected that DL is open by then. Trying to remain hopeful. But it’s getting harder as the days keep passing with no word.

I've added you for 12/25. Let me know if you'd like me to add your hotel and any additional days for your trip.

Have fun at WDW! I'm glad you were able to make the trip work out for you.

So, we had such a great time last month on our day trip to downtown Disney that we're going to do it again. My BFF and I just booked a trip the first weekend in December. This time, we're staying overnight - getting in Friday afternoon and leaving Saturday evening. We're staying at the Portofino, flying into LAX (SNA flight fares just didn't work for us this time, but, if there's another flight sale like the last one, we may make a change). We are HOPING that the enhanced shopping options that have been rumored (opening Main Street and Buena Vista for shoppers, for instance) will be in place, but, even if not, we'll have a great time. Tried to make reservations at Ralph Brennan's, but haven't had any openings, yet. I will continue to monitor that situation. We do not expect the parks to be open other than potential shopping, and maybe not even that, but that's okay.
I've added you for 12/5-6. Let me know if that needs to be changed. I'm wondering if my trip should now be converted to a shopping trip instead, but I'll sit on it for a week or so to see how things unfold.

I've added you for 12/5-6. Let me know if that needs to be changed. I'm wondering if my trip should now be converted to a shopping trip instead, but I'll sit on it for a week or so to see how things unfold.
It's 12/4-5, actually. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter