OK DISers. Do you know someone personally that has the Virus?

Do You know someone personally with the Virus?

• yes

Votes: 273 55.3%
  • no

Votes: 203 41.1%
  • other

Votes: 18 3.6%

• Total voters
One of my husband's coworkers tested positive, as did someone who also works in his building but not an immediate coworker, and someone from one of his RunDisney groups.

A friend of mine who lives in NYC has been tested and confirmed with Covid-19. Her mother lives with her and is showing symptoms as well.

Yes, a family member has tested positive. Was originally only tested for flu, which came back negative. Was still given Tamiflu and zpack. After a week still with symptoms, they were finally tested for Covid-19. Told fluid, rest, and cough meds, and to self quarantine for 14 days. From that day? From first symptoms? From test date? No one had an answer.

Well... found out today that the man who visited WDW and USO and recently died of COVID-19 was a family friend of DH's supervisor. That feels weirdly too close for comfort because now it's not just generic acquaintances or "just a mild case" any more.
Which USO and time frame?

I wondered at one point if I had it. My dd came home from Italy weeks ago and decided to quarantine even though she had no symptoms. Several days after I had chills, sore throat, fatigue and some coughing, some chest pain, worst headache of my life. No fever but the weird part is it would kind of come and go. My other dd had sore throat and some chest pain, hers would come and go as well. We have not left the house in weeks. I’m feeling better today but don’t plan on leaving our house anytime soon!

I do now. Over the weekend a relative was quarantined just in case she has it (They didn't have a test to test her.) but a friend was tested and she does have it.

My mother's best friend MIGHT have it. She is 75 and lives in assisted living, which has been locked down for several weeks now - not only having no visitors, but they've had to stay in their rooms; meals are brought to them instead of them congregating in the dining rooms, and they've had no activities. But she was taken to the dentist and the pulmonologist last week. She was taken to the hospital on Saturday morning and has been in isolation with fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Still waiting on test results. Interestingly, the brother of another friend of theirs went to the same pulmonologist, and was recently contacted that he'd come into contact with someone at that office who is positive.

I am convinced that I may have had this in late January/early February before it really got going. My son complained of a headache one Saturday morning and vomited in the car. Almost 2 weeks later (on a Thursday), he went to preschool one morning, seemingly fine, but by afternoon he was coughing so violently that he vomited again. I kept him home from school the next day (Friday). Saturday morning, I woke up with a sore throat, fever, and chills. By mid-morning, I was in bed, burning up but physically shivering, coughing, and felt like I had an elephant sitting on my chest. I remember thinking I was going to die. The fever broke late in the evening, around 8/8:30 p.m. The next day, I was still tired and coughing but able to function. I also lost my sense of smell and taste for about a week. I know that's an awfully quick timeline for this, but listening to others who do have it now, I had the exact same symptoms. If I did have it, we're darn lucky that my 65-year-old mother who lives in the same house didn't get it.

I know 3, all through work connections.

We also suspect we had a brush with it back in February and that MIL had it almost 3 weeks ago and was never tested despite 2 different hospital admissions at 2 different hospitals, likely because she had an atypical presentation of symptoms as widely understood at the time. Unless serology testing is developed and put into wide use we'll probably never know for sure.

My mother's best friend MIGHT have it. She is 75 and lives in assisted living, which has been locked down for several weeks now - not only having no visitors, but they've had to stay in their rooms; meals are brought to them instead of them congregating in the dining rooms, and they've had no activities. But she was taken to the dentist and the pulmonologist last week. She was taken to the hospital on Saturday morning and has been in isolation with fever, cough, and shortness of breath. Still waiting on test results. Interestingly, the brother of another friend of theirs went to the same pulmonologist, and was recently contacted that he'd come into contact with someone at that office who is positive.

I am convinced that I may have had this in late January/early February before it really got going. My son complained of a headache one Saturday morning and vomited in the car. Almost 2 weeks later (on a Thursday), he went to preschool one morning, seemingly fine, but by afternoon he was coughing so violently that he vomited again. I kept him home from school the next day (Friday). Saturday morning, I woke up with a sore throat, fever, and chills. By mid-morning, I was in bed, burning up but physically shivering, coughing, and felt like I had an elephant sitting on my chest. I remember thinking I was going to die. The fever broke late in the evening, around 8/8:30 p.m. The next day, I was still tired and coughing but able to function. I also lost my sense of smell and taste for about a week. I know that's an awfully quick timeline for this, but listening to others who do have it now, I had the exact same symptoms. If I did have it, we're darn lucky that my 65-year-old mother who lives in the same house didn't get it.

Interesting; someone recently mentioned who I know had it lost their sense of taste and smell as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter