Opting out of fingerprints - any firsthand experience?

I'm one that doesn't like offering up such things just willy-nilly..........BUT I doubt that my visit to WDW is gonna be the starting point for some nefarious Govt hit squad coming after me cause I gave them my fingerprint. BTW, my fingerprint is already on file with the DMV here in TX and anyone with any data sense and access could cross reference my name and address with credit card transactions on my cards, see which one was used for our WDW trip, and then see when I scanned my MB to enter the park. I use my tin foil for oven use only. LOL!!!
Good post

I remember finger prints on school exams and when I took the Marine Corp PLC exam.that was in the early 70s

I don't think so, but I do remember recently someone doing something similar for their mother.

If this would work, I'd use your index finger for you and your middle finger for DH.
I like this idea, too, but there is a problem here if you and your DH were to go to a park at different times. Let's say he'd stayed back in the room to do the laundry (Hey, as long as it's theoretical, let's give him a job!) and now he wants to meet you at MK. But it's your fingerprint associated with his entry. Not gonna work.

I just hope I'm not the person behind him on the day he tries this out.

I got a bit creeped out when Small World said "Goodbye" to me 😅
And on my trip earlier this month the Star Tours boarding area, where the droid is talking to you, now gives your name and city, along with whatever "contraband" they found in "your" bag, LOL
I've seen the others, EE, SW, sometimes on HM, another I'm forgetting (ETA - RnR, maybe another?), but ST was a new one for me

i was able to use my finger prints for my kids last trip . is this only allowed for small children or can you do it for other adults ?

found this on disney site
What is the Ticket Tag service and what information is collected through it?
We offer the convenience of Ticket Tag at the entrance of many of our theme parks and water parks. Ticket Tag helps to facilitate ease of re-entry into our parks and helps prevent fraud.
In order to use Ticket Tag, you simply place your finger on a reader. The system, which utilizes the technology of biometrics, takes an image of your finger, converts the image into a unique numerical value and immediately discards the image. The numerical value is recalled when you use Ticket Tag with the same ticket to re-enter or visit another Park. Ticket Tag does not store fingerprints.
Are all guests required to use Ticket Tag?
If you don't want to use Ticket Tag, you can simply carry and show a photo ID that matches the name identified with your ticket.
How long ago, last week they were not doing that, I got stuck behind a kid that wouldn't read. Well, I was able to use the other scanner but I overheard/saw as I was scanning in. They used the photo on her. Explained what I told DGD, always slide your finger to the upmost top edge of the scanner and it will usually scan the same way each time. Otherwise, kids fingers are so small they never lay in the same place twice.

My Mom had lots of issues but my finger was not an option for her either. They also did her photo as back up

i went april last year . my daughter finger had problem scanning on set up for our first day in the parks .so they said i could use my ones for both my youngest 2

My adult daughter used her fingerprint to get me into the parks. I'm handicap and cannot seem to use the scanner. I can't put enough "weight" for the scanner to work.

before we were able to do this, we would have to wait for a cast member to come with an ipad, take my picture and look at my photo id. Everything was associated on the ipad. If they remembered to "save" inf o, it would just pull up next time I entered a park. UNfortunatrly, cast members with ipad are in demand and sometimes think they handled the final step and didnt. Causing this to happening more than once during the trip. But then there were questions about which park I was last at, what day, etc. It definitely is time consuming, frustrating to me and to the people in line behind us

I’m honestly very surprised by his attitude about this, believe me. He’s not a “tinfoil hat guy” at all about anything else but apparently this is the hill he’s choosing to die on. He also doesn’t have an underlying mental health issue that would suggest I should be more understanding about this random paranoia. Even if there was a way for me to use my fingerprint for him there is literally no way I’m going to do that and enable this behavior - if he’s insisting on bypassing this system he’s going to do it on his own! (And I appreciate all those folks here who have suggested that I not stick around to wait with him - all that’s going to do is frustrate and embarrass me and that’s not how I want to start every day of this trip)

The rest of our party will enter as normal and then hang inside until he can catch up. We’re going with my parents too, and my mom will undoubtably want to use a bathroom as soon as we enter (🤣) so we can go take care of that and enjoy some early park ambiance

we do live in TX so I’m going to raise that point about the DMV and fingerprints.

Maybe I watched too many soaps when I was younger, but my first thought is "WHY is he so against having his finger scanned? What has he done that he's afraid of having revealed?" :rotfl2:

Maybe I watched too many soaps when I was younger, but my first thought is "WHY is he so against having his finger scanned? What has he done that he's afraid of having revealed?" :rotfl2:

He probably watched one of the many conspiracy videos on YouTube. Or maybe this is his midlife crisis. Next he’ll start prepping for the zombie apocalypse. I know at least two people with university degrees that are afraid of zombies invading their homes. I know another that spends his tax refunds on a new gun every year. He’s never shot any of them. He pretty much collects them. And I know another that has enough food to last three years. Some people just lose it.

He probably watched one of the many conspiracy videos on YouTube. Or maybe this is his midlife crisis. Next he’ll start prepping for the zombie apocalypse. I know at least two people with university degrees that are afraid of zombies invading their homes. I know another that spends his tax refunds on a new gun every year. He’s never shot any of them. He pretty much collects them. And I know another that has enough food to last three years. Some people just lose it.

Yeah. I was thinking "Ok, so does he have another identity and a secret family somewhere?" or something along those lines. Hence me saying *I* probably watched too many soaps when i was younger.

I'd put this about #87 on the list of things Disney could ruin us with if they decided to go rogue...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter