Opting out of fingerprints - any firsthand experience?

Thanks everyone for your advice and lols. I agree with the sentiment that I’m going to go in ahead of him and let him deal with the extra nonsense.

LOL! I agree -he’s going to have to jump through those hoops on his own.

Thank for for this response. This is what I sort of expected. Definitely going to make him do al the explaining. I’m beyond annoyed at his silliness here and think that the best thing I can do is not stand around with him and get further annoyed but rather head into the park and start enjoying myself with our children. I don’t want to start out the trip I’ve spent years looking forward to by being frustrated and embarrassed by this choice of his.
If he insists on this ridiculousness, it will happen every single time you enter any park.

When we went last time with my parents, for whatever reason, my mom's fingerprint would not scan the same twice the entire week. It was crazy. Some days it only took a couple minutes. But some days it took 5 minutes or more to get squared away and my mom kept getting flustered because she didn't want to hold up the line. It was very frustrating for her.

I can understand not wanting to give your fingerprints everywhere, technology can be compromised. But I hope he's prepared for that sort of situation because it can be uncomfortable.
To clarify, it isn't a fingerprint. It's a biometric.

he best thing I can do is not stand around with him
The other reason to not stand around with him is to allow enough room for others to scan in and go around him. It will keep the entrance from getting clogged up with your family waiting on one person. Have fun!

They should clean those finger scanners between each use. I don’t know where the person in front of me just pulled that finger out of.
Reminds me of that joke-
Guest: Waiter! Your thumb was in my soup!
Waiter: Yeah, sorry. After I cut it, the doc told me to keep it moist and warm.

Is it the "big brother" thing that he's worried about? Because if so, he should not be using a MagicBand, MDE, or the Fastpass system at all.

I’m honestly very surprised by his attitude about this, believe me. He’s not a “tinfoil hat guy” at all about anything else but apparently this is the hill he’s choosing to die on. He also doesn’t have an underlying mental health issue that would suggest I should be more understanding about this random paranoia. Even if there was a way for me to use my fingerprint for him there is literally no way I’m going to do that and enable this behavior - if he’s insisting on bypassing this system he’s going to do it on his own! (And I appreciate all those folks here who have suggested that I not stick around to wait with him - all that’s going to do is frustrate and embarrass me and that’s not how I want to start every day of this trip)

The rest of our party will enter as normal and then hang inside until he can catch up. We’re going with my parents too, and my mom will undoubtably want to use a bathroom as soon as we enter (🤣) so we can go take care of that and enjoy some early park ambiance

we do live in TX so I’m going to raise that point about the DMV and fingerprints.
That's good to know :D For a minute there I thought we may have found a Flat Earther, lol.

Enjoy your trip! Who knows... he may give in after Day 1 seeing all the other folk not being concerned.

I hope he has an old flip phone with no GPS if he is that worried about WDW using a finger to get in. I’m sure WDW has other technology they use.

My first trip to WDW I wasn’t expecting to be asked for my fingerprint / biometric info. I hesitated and asked why they need my fingerprint. The CM at the turnstiles basically bullied me into it and said if I’m not willing to do this, I won’t be allowed into the parks. No other options available. No explanation given.

Just be aware that it depends on who your DH runs into when he tries to enter the park - might take a looong time to meet up with you guys. Or maybe he’ll simply cave like I did.

I would be telling him to suck it up or he can catch up to me when he's done being difficult just for the sake of it. I certainly wouldn't be waiting around as the whole thing is ridiculous and childish. he has to know now that it isn't an issue. It sounds like passive aggressive unwillingness to admit he was wrong at this point.

Pick a separate entrance line far away from his. Tell him it’s an experiment to see who gets in first.

But seriously... I suspect you will end up trying to smooth the situation over. If he intentionally wants to make things difficult (even if he feels he has a good reason for doing so), why should you get caught up in his drama?

(Perhaps my attitude is why there is no Best Uncle.)
this made me laugh - thanks!

They should clean those finger scanners between each use. I don’t know where the person in front of me just pulled that finger out of.

How is that different than holding on the the rails in the line or on the rides?

Yeah. I was thinking "Ok, so does he have another identity and a secret family somewhere?" or something along those lines. Hence me saying *I* probably watched too many soaps when i was younger.

A felon or witness protection or secret agent man? Reminds me of the TV show the Prisoner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter