Platinum peeps ... HRH

Sorry, no, I don't really remember that, so, no I guess it wasn't!

Sorry I missed the cheat sheet; could've used it this trip!

Did you take any pics of the room? Did they brighten the colors and the furniture? I so wish I could've seen it with you guys!

How was Bartek? Personable? Did he give you the time of day? Where are they starting the renovations? Tower by Tower, floor by floor?

The cheat sheet was created via cut and paste from Bev's kid's old MIB site. I even circled the sensor locations on the high scoring targets room by room. It didn't help us much this trip though we were consistently in the 600k's. One ride was particularly fun because Bobby rode in a car by himself and they put me in the backseat of the opposing car with 3 other guys. At the scanner I gave Bob a one finger salute and he couldn't do anything but laugh. He totally violated our exhaust port as a payback.
Another time we were in the backseat with a couple in front that we had just been on the same car with on the Mummy. They didn't break 50k but with our score in back we got the suit. The lady went on and on about it being the first time they got the suit. When Galaxy Defender lit up she threw both arms in the air and screamed for joy. Those rides are fun.

Bartek was real cordial. He avoided comments like when I told him that this was the first time in a very long time that we were given a standard room rather than a suite. He pushed the dates of renovation back a month to a July 29th start. They will do a floor in a wing at a time. The 2 rooms that were complete were a king and adjoining two queen on the 3rd (lobby) floor of Tower 3. I don't remember the actual room number but if you follow the base leg of the "Y" then veer left it was about half way on the right. The only thing that will remain the same is the dresser/mini-bar unit. They must have "felt" your wishes because the rooms are a lot lighter. The burgundy wall is now green and they are removing the carved wooden panel and replacing it with a transparent plexiglass (that hadn't been done yet). New excellent quality green patterned carpet. Wall coverings are very light and there is a bamboo accent over the beds. The light fixtures are tropical and the lighting in the vanity area. Bartek said that was for female business guests. The chairs were reupholstered. The beds had a light green floral duvet and an accent pillow. New window coverings and valance. Since I'm red/green color blind I could be off a little (the greens could be brown/tan). Bobby took pictures with the brand new Spiderman 3 digital camera but later dropped it out of his Dickies, the batteries rolled out and all the photos were lost.

Bartek was very proud of his staff. I mentioned that you had become friends with the club staff and hated to see them all go. He told me again about Rosen stealing them and that 3 employees that had left had already tried to return. He took 2 back but didn't have room for the third. Rosen was offering some of the managers up to $30k above salary to come over.

He is not sure where they will start renovations and now has a March target for completion with TV's and all. He asked us to return and stay in one of the new rooms. I might do that in October.

Okay. I'd never seen it before either. Maybe only certain Mark James actors can pull it off, so to speak.

I know the one of which you speak. He seems a little too comfortable wearing it.
Our volunteer was fidgety. When Eddy came to life Alex took her over behind the table with the spare parts. When Mark and Eddy were fighting back and forth in the back room they pounded on the wall near where they were standing and the girl started running and hit the corner of the table just above her pelvis. The grimace on her face was enough to know that she would be sporting a nice bruise later.

damo, we first saw the playtex gag in February. Prior to that it was spoken about but never appeared until then. Different actors all the time last time we were there and they didn't all do the gag. We all thought it was pretty hilarious!

Dagny posted some pics on another thread of the renovated RPR rooms. I think they look cheesy and cheap but its a picture and maybe they look better in person.
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1416196&page=66

RPQueenRoom.jpg

RPKingRoom.jpg

Bartek was real cordial. He avoided comments like when I told him that this was the first time in a very long time that we were given a standard room rather than a suite.

All I have to say to that is HMMPPPHH. Doesn't he know who you are? Please.

Thanks for the info on the renos. When I saw the pics that Fan2Cskr posted from Dagny ... I almost miss the old, dark rooms. She's right ... the room now reminds me a cheap Florida Flamingo Motel. Ick! I am very disappointed in the redecorating. :( Never thought a completed renovation would want me to avoid a hotel!

I forgot to ask ... Motherfletcher: did you have an "A 1 *" on your room key when you stayed at the RPR? Did you get that VIP status? We are still trying to figure out what the "1" gets you. All we know is that it means VIP (because we got friendly with a bartender at Bubba Gump in September who called his friend who works at the front desk of the RPR, and his friend told him that it meant we were RPR VIPs.)

Also, I had called Mike in to look at the room renos, and I quote here: "Wow, they are just driving us farther and farther away, huh?!"

I had the A1 on my Portofino room cards. I never realized it meant anything special!!! Very interesting!

I had nothing on my Hard Rock cards but then I didn't write a special song for Carlton Hudson!!!

I think it is unanimous around here that the new RPR rooms really are a step backwards (maybe into the 70's).

I had the A1 on my Portofino room cards. I never realized it meant anything special!!! Very interesting!

I had nothing on my Hard Rock cards but then I didn't write a special song for Carlton Hudson!!!

Haha! I think you automatically get the "1" when you're Platinum and pay a qualifying rate ... We have yet to find out what the "1" actually gets you, and BOY, did we try this trip! :)

Every once in a while, if I just booked at the AP rate for RPR Club, we didn't get the "1" either.

The cheat sheet was created via cut and paste from Bev's kid's old MIB site. I even circled the sensor locations on the high scoring targets room by room. It didn't help us much this trip though we were consistently in the 600k's. One ride was particularly fun because Bobby rode in a car by himself and they put me in the backseat of the opposing car with 3 other guys. At the scanner I gave Bob a one finger salute and he couldn't do anything but laugh. He totally violated our exhaust port as a payback.
Another time we were in the backseat with a couple in front that we had just been on the same car with on the Mummy. They didn't break 50k but with our score in back we got the suit. The lady went on and on about it being the first time they got the suit. When Galaxy Defender lit up she threw both arms in the air and screamed for joy. Those rides are fun.

Bartek was real cordial. He avoided comments like when I told him that this was the first time in a very long time that we were given a standard room rather than a suite. He pushed the dates of renovation back a month to a July 29th start. They will do a floor in a wing at a time. The 2 rooms that were complete were a king and adjoining two queen on the 3rd (lobby) floor of Tower 3. I don't remember the actual room number but if you follow the base leg of the "Y" then veer left it was about half way on the right. The only thing that will remain the same is the dresser/mini-bar unit. They must have "felt" your wishes because the rooms are a lot lighter. The burgundy wall is now green and they are removing the carved wooden panel and replacing it with a transparent plexiglass been done yet). New excellent quality green patterned carpet. Wall coverings are very light and there is a bamboo accent over the beds. The light fixtures are tropical and the lighting in the vanity area. Bartek said that was for female business guests. The chairs were reupholstered. The beds had a light green floral duvet and an accent pillow. New window coverings and valance. Since I'm red/green color blind I could be off a little (the greens could be brown/tan). Bobby took pictures with the brand new Spiderman 3 digital camera but later dropped it out of his Dickies, the batteries rolled out and all the photos were lost.

Bartek was very proud of his staff. I mentioned that you had become friends with the club staff and hated to see them all go. He told me again about Rosen stealing them and that 3 employees that had left had already tried to return. He took 2 back but didn't have room for the third. Rosen was offering some of the managers up to $30k above salary to come over.

He is not sure where they will start renovations and now has a March target for completion with TV's and all. He asked us to return and stay in one of the new rooms. I might do that in October.

glad and over joyed to read the plastic half wall is coming down !!

Wait ... you stayed at the RPR, but your room keys had the PBH "water mark?"

Wow, what's the matter with them? Guess they ran out of RPR cards? :confused3

Let us know when you decide to use your cert. Hopefully, you'll get the "1" then (although if you do, you HAVE to ask Bartek directly what in the world the "1" indicates. Tell him Jodie wants to know .. that should do it! :rotfl: ).

Ok, one last update ....

We had given a credit card at the time of reservation. That card was never charged one night's deposit. Which was unusual, but OK.

However, we since got a Disney Visa (yes I know, but somehow I find it fulfilling that a Loews Orlando hotel bill will show up on my billing statement, and that I'll get Disney Dollars as a result of my UO stay to use on my Disney Cruise). Since we have a year's free financing on the card, THAT was the credit card I made a copy of when I faxed in the credit authorization.

I had incorrectly assumed that our Disney card would be charged for our stay and room charges. Wrong. They billed everything to the initial card we gave when making the reservation.

So, just make note if you happen to use 2 separate cards. They will ultimately bill whatever card you used to make the ressie. Not the card you copied and faxed them. I had been wondering why the charge didn't show up on our Disney Visa. Then I got our other Visa bill, and there it was....

Drudging this one up ... has anyone gotten the Express Yourself option lately?

We check-in to the HRH on Saturday (as in 10/6), but no option to Express Myself this time. They either didn't like the way I expressed myself last time, they discontinued the program, or you can't use it with an AAA rate.

Anyone?

Drudging this one up ... has anyone gotten the Express Yourself option lately?

We check-in to the HRH on Saturday (as in 10/6), but no option to Express Myself this time. They either didn't like the way I expressed myself last time, they discontinued the program, or you can't use it with an AAA rate.

Anyone?

We have a couple of HRH reservations (Platinum, no AAA) commencing the 10/15 and have had no option to Express. I have also been in contact with senior staff at the hotel and they made no mention of this program, so I assume they may have dropped it??

A separate check-in line for LoewsFirst members (Gold and Plat) over by the luggage /concierge services desks would have been a much better idea.

no express check in at hrh for platinum loews members or any member of the program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter