RAPstar's Biggest Orlando Trip EVAR!!!!!!!! **Update: Finished!!**

Day 2: AK/Epcot

Since I showered the night before, I woke up around 7 and hit up the food court for one of the best breakfast pizzas I've ever had!

003.jpg

After eating, I went to the bus stop for AK. While riding the bus over, I felt my phone vibrating. It was Mac!! We made plans to meet up later in the day (she was still waking up, lol). When I got there I decided to head over to Everest first.

011.jpg

015.jpg

018.jpg

I rode Everest twice. After which I noticed Mac had called to let me know she arrived. So I called back and we made plans to meet over by the safari.

022.jpg

024.jpg

Yay!!!

We did the safari (animal pics in next post). I told her I had an ADR for Yak and Yeti and invited her to join me if she wanted to. It was still a while off, so we went through the jungle trek by the safari. Then headed back over to Everest and rode that a couple of times to kill time before the ADR

Everest.png

Then we headed over to Yak and Yeti. We were a there a few minutes before they opened, so we sat in the lobby and enjoyed the A/C. We both ordered the dim sum basket, which was delicious. I also had the seared tuna appetizer, which was also really good.

099.jpg

View from our window.

34496e11.jpg

When we finished eating, we went through the maharajah jungle trek. I wanted to do the bug show, so I dragged Mac with me, lol.

122.jpg

We then decided to ride Dinosaur, but along the way, we found some other friends

125.jpg

128.jpg

126.jpg

129.jpg

Dinosaur!!

Continued next post

After Dinosaur, it was getting close to the time we needed to be heading out (I had my F&W demo, Mac had to meet a friend). But we decided to hi up the safari again. Along the way, I got some Photopass photos.

AK2.png

AK.png

simba.png

130.jpg

124.jpg

In the sky on the way to the safari.

After the safari, we headed to the exit. Mac headed to her hotel bus, I hopped one for Epcot.

168.jpg

Walking into Epcot

I was kinda early for my demo (it was about 3, demo was at 5), so I decided to get my entry ticket and hit some rides.

169.jpg

The cranberry bog

I got my ticket and decided to ride Test Track. It was down! :headache: Oh well, I guess I'll do Mission: Space. I actually kinda enjoy it, lol. I didn't feel like going to the other side of Epcot, so I walked through Innoventions (line for Sum of All Thrills was a little long for my tastes), then hit up Club Cool. No Beverly this time tho! :laughing: I was trying to avoid the F&W booths until after the demo, but I was hungry, so I decided to just do the ones close to the front. OMG, it was good!!! They should not put the Canada booth at the front!!! That cheese soup is like crack! I had to bite my tongue from moaning out loud from my food-gasm! :rotfl:

Anywho, I headed back to the welcome center for my demo. I somehow ended up first in line. :confused3 But I ended up chatting with the people behind me and I learn that the demo has changed. It was supposed to be cheese....but its salmon?! Then I happen to look at the table close to the entrance....and the recipe isn't salmon. Its roasted cranberry quesadillas with white chocolate pumpkin ice cream?! Say what?!! Well, it turned out delicious!!!! Seriously, I wish I hadn't lost the recipe card it was so good. And the wine was good too, but I'm not a big wine drinker.

After the demo, Mac called to let me know she was in Epcot. Yay! So we met up and did Test Track (it was open now). Then we headed to WS, and I got some tacos from the Mexico booth. OMG, so good!! Then we hit up the boat ride, since we love Donald. And honestly.....I cannot remember what we did after that. :confused3 But eventually we went to the Morocco QS for dinner. I had a lamb wrap, I believe Mac had the lamb platter. We then went to listen to a bit of Taylor Dane and find a spot for Illuminations.

170.jpg

Taylor Dane!!

Along the way, I had to get my melon kaki gori! I love the new booth, it looks great!!

173.jpg

Our view for Illuminations

Illuminations is still amazing. It really got to me this time and I had tears in my eyes by the end. Suprisingly, Epcot didn't seem that crowded and we had an easy walk back to the entrance.

174.jpg

Then back to Pop I go!! I think I showered. But I know I went to bed!

Up next, Epcot again and DHS!

Animal Pictures!!

028.jpg

135.jpg

The giraffes decided to stop in the middle of the road delaying our truck.

056.jpg

052.jpg

064.jpg

167.jpg

166.jpg

142.jpg

067.jpg

046.jpg

085.jpg

109.jpg

096.jpg

113.jpg

What a great trip! I love all the pics of you and Mac. :love: You both look so cute and happy together, especially in the bug glasses.

Food-gasm: BAAAAA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!!!!!!!
The food is one of the things I love most about any vacation, and
Disney and Universal make me drool thinking about it.

Can't wait to read more! :banana:

:thumbsup2 ... loving the pics ... we didn't make it to AK this trip

Looks like Mac's hair is a bit shorter than I remember it :confused:

it was.
i got it cut after my oct 2010 trip to above the shoulders.
i donated 40 inches last year.

i grow my hair past my butt and when it hits the thigh, i get it cut and donate the hair to the Cancer Society for Locks of Love.
I have been doing this for years.

so, next year it will be back to about my waist and 6 mnths after that, hair cut time for Cancer Society again.

my hair grows fast so i am a regular donor for them.

The giraffes decided to stop in the middle of the road delaying our truck.

056.jpg

052.jpg

[/IMG]

Giraffic- jam

What a fun day!!! Did you get like 20 rides on Everest???

I love all of your photopass pictures, and the ones with Mac are great too!I'm glad that you got to meet up a couple of times.

That must have been an awesome place to watch Illuminations!

The cranberry quesadilla sounds amazing! I'm sorry you lost the recipe, too. In fact, I just tried searching the 'net for it (including a Food & Wine link and Ocean Spray), but I didn't see it. :sad2:

Can't wait to read about your next day of fun.

Day 3: Epcot and DHS

I woke up around 7:30 or so. Went to the food court for another of my favorite breakfast pizzas. Then I got on a bus to Epcot. Mac wanted me to go to Biergarten with her, so I stayed around Future World most of the morning. As I was entering Epcot I saw one of my favorite characters!!

176.jpg

175.jpg

I then headed to Soarin to get that out of the way, and finally got on the front row!! Then I did Living with the Land, which I really enjoy....tho I'm not sure why, lol.

177.jpg

191.jpg

199.jpg

After The Land, I headed over to Nemo.

200.jpg

After the ride, I spent some time in the aquariums. I actually went upstairs this time, which apparently I had never done before.

201.jpg

Manatee!!

They were supposed to have a fish feeding, but the diver person was taking forever to get out and I got impatient. After that I went to Imagination, for the epic horribleness. :laughing:

204.jpg

I got a call from Mac not long after that, and we made plans to meet by Biergarten. I then went to hit up the rest of the booths I wanted to do at F&W. I made sure to leave some room for Biergarten, which was really good. Afterwards, I was kinda bored with Epcot so I headed over to DHS, saying bye to Mac until HHN.

As I got to DHS, I looked at the time ad realized it was mintues till 3!!! OMG! I rushed quickly over to Star Tours, which I really enjoyed. Then, avoiding the front, I went over to my favorite, the Muppets!

205.jpg

206.jpg

the ship from Pigs in Space.

I then walked the long way around the park over to Sunset Blvd for my other 2 favorties, ToT and RNRC.

207.jpg

208.jpg

Both were as awesome as I remember. But after, I was just super exhausted. My feet were kinda tired, I didn't feel like walking anywhere, and there realyl wasn't anything I really wanted to do besides Fantasmic. So....I parked myself outside the entrance. I actually enjoyed the small break. While sitting there, I took a quick walk over to Fairfax Fare and I got the BBQ sandwich with cole slaw. I popped the cole slaw on top of the sandwich, and enjoyed.

Eventually they let everyone in for Fantasmic.

209.jpg

The show was great, except a few technical problems. The dragon did not set the water on fire, and Mickey didn't appear on top of the mountain at the end (which I read an article about not long after I returned). I was very happy I got to see it again despite the few flaws. After the show, I pretty much just headed back to my hotel and packed my stuff to move hotels the next day.

210.jpg

Day 5: DHS

Sorry, no pictures at all today. When I took my bags to the baggage area at Pop, I forgot to get my camera from my electronics bag. :sad2:

Anywho, I headed over to DHS again this morning. I decided to do Star Tours first. I rode it about 3 times with no wait at all. The makeover was really quite well done.

After Star Tours, I debated whether or not to put myself through the embarrassment of American Idol Experience auditions again. But, I figured, if I got in not thinking I'll make it then I won't worry about being upset. Plus I have a principal role in a musical to come home to. So I went in and sang the chorus of "Edge of Glory" by Lady GaGa..........and I made it past the first judge!!!!!! I was so excited. But, I did 2 ballads and the "producer" wanted an uptempo, so I didn't make it to the show.

Since I made it to "Hollywood" but didn't make it to the show, I got a FP for any ride I wanted. So, I figured I might as well use it for Toy Story, since I wouldn't ride it other wise. And since I was able to get up to I think 5 people in altogether, I randomly grabbed to people to take in with me. They were celebrating their anniversary too, so I'm glad I was able to pass on some Disney magic to them.

I thought my ADR for Brown Derby was at 11:30 when they opened, but it was actually closer to 1, but I didn't want to wait around that long and luckily they were able to fit me in. I had the Cobb salad for my meal which was amazing. And of course I had to have my grapefruit cake. :cloud9: I then returned to Pop and tried to figure out a way to my other hotel.

When I got back to Pop, a few minutes after I got my bags, a ME bus arrived, and luckily I was able to get on since it turned out to be completely full when we left. When I got to the airport I took a Mears shuttle to the Lexington Suites, which was not as bed as I thought. It wasn't great though. I was on the 2nd floor facing the pool (but it did seem all the rooms faced the pool). It was literally silent all day. Since I was still kinda tired, I decided to spend the day just chilling in my room. I was able to watch Glee which made me happy.

Next: Sea World

Day 5: Sea World

Since I was exhausted, I went to bed slightly early the day before, so I was quite rested when I awoke this morning around 7. I decided to take the Lynx bus to Sea World, and I believe I got out there around 7:30 or so. Got to Sea World a little after 8. I had a voucher for tickets I got with my travel agent card, and it said to go to the pick-up kiosks to print them out. Well, the bar code didn't work. So I had to wait for the ticket windows to open, which wasn't until right about 8:45!! :confused3 Maybe I'm just spoiled by Disney and Universal which are open at least an hour before park opening, from what I've noticed. Anywho, got my tickets (thank goodness). I tried to give one away, but everyone in line were just there to pick up there tickets. Oh well. They had just started letting people in when I got to the gates. Headed for the rope to get to my favorite ride!!

211.jpg

I rode it about 5 times in a row (when the line started to get long) then decided to head towards the other 2 rides.

212.jpg

Atlantis was the same, sat in the back to not get soaked (again). Kraken was still rough and gave me a headache. I then headed towards the Key West area to see about feeding the dolphins. On the way I noticed the rope was down by the dolphin stadium so I tried to short cut through there. I noticed the next show was at ten, so I checked the time and it was 9:58, and I figured why not see Blue Horizons! :rotfl: It was better this time then when I saw it in 09 for some reason. Even with my veiw obstrcuted by the poles in the stadium.

After Blue Horizons, I headed over to feed the dolphins. Next feeding time was 11, but it was right around 10:30 so I figured I'd come back later. I did go feed the sting rays though. There must have not been as many people feeding them, cause as soon as I put my first shrimp in, almost all of them kept coming to where I was to get fed! I could barely get my hand in the give them the shrimp!

After that I headed to the sea lion stadium to see when Clyde & Seamore was playing next, and a show was close to starting when I got there! Yay! This is my favorite show! The mime was hilarious, the show was hilarious, and the sea lions are adorable!! I was starving after that so I went around to the different restaurants to figure out what I wanted to eat. Settled on the Voyager's Smokehouse or whatever its called.

214.jpg

This was the sample platter: ribs, chicken and brisket plus fries. It was delicious!!!

After I ate, I walked around for a bit more, got some fudge.....and realized there was nothing more I wanted to do in Sea World. :confused3 So I hopped a bus back to my hotel.

213.jpg

I relaxed at my hotel the rest of the day. Around 7 or so I took the I-Trolley over to Universal to meet up with Mac for dinner. We went the new Churasscaria at Latin Quarter, which I thought was really good. We finished up there, then Mac had to go to her room for something. I stayed at City Walk and looked at the different stores. When she got back we went to Rising Star to wait on Janet (keishashadow) and her husband. They made it right before the singing started. I got to sing 3 times!! It was a lot of fun. A lot of the other singers were really good too!

I figured I'd test the walking route I had planned before leaving tonight. It wasn't bad, just long. Or it felt long, lol. Walking through the lobby I put my name on the shuttle the hotel provided to Universal. It was around 2 when I got to my room and I went immediately to sleep!!

andy did a great job @ rising star, had a lot of fun:goodvibesand i've got pictures;)just need to get them uploaded to photobucket & will post them

Day 6: Universal/HHN

I was slightly suprised I was able to get myself out of bed in time for the shuttle this morning, lol. I went down to the lobby and had a small breakfast. I didn't really care for the food, but it was free. I think they had eggs and corned beef hash this morning. I don't like corn beef hash, and the eggs were the kind you pour from a milk carton. But the bagels weren't half bad. Just the toasters' setting knobs were broken, so you had to watch them or they'd burn your food.

The shuttle was there right at 8:45, which is when it was supposed to be there. I got to Universal right at 9. I walked as fast as I could to Potterland! Snapped this along the way.

215.jpg

216.jpg

Yay! I'm here!!

217.jpg

219.jpg

221.jpg

233.jpg

I did the regular queue the first time, which was spectacular!! I was blown away by the detail! I think I ended up riding it 3 times in a row with barely any wait (thank goodness for the single rider line). After which I went over to the Hog's Head for my first Butterbeer!!

daa62e30.jpg

It was good!! I liked both, but the frozen was definitely better, and I think I figured out part of the reason why. I think it has to due witht he fact that with the regular, as you get to the bottom of the glass, then its harder to get a sip of the topping/foam with the regular soda, and the topping really really helps with the regular. Just my opinion, lol. After my butterbeers, I headed over to ride the Flying Hippogriff, which I had never ridden even when it was a Unicorn, lol.

234.jpg

It was all of maybe 10am at that point, and it was starting to get slightly crowded, so I decided to explore the rest of IOA. I headed over to Marvel to ride the 3 over there. As I was getting to Dr. Doom, I saw 2 characters I had never seen out before, so I made my way over to get a picture!!

235.jpg

236.jpg

And of course, my favorite 2 X-Women!

239.jpg

I walked through Toon Lagoon, but didn't ride anything since I had no way to keep my sneakers, camera, or phone dry. Then I looped back around to Seuss Landing for Cat in the Hat. As walking through there I noticed something odd.

240.jpg

OMG!! Yes, that is Green Eggs and Ham!! Yes, it is open!!!! Its never been open while I was there. It was so exciting I almost bought a green eggs and ham sandwich.....but it was almost Mythos time, so no. :rotfl:

It was about 45 minutes till my Mythos reservation, so I headed that way, stopping in Potterworld for one more ride on the FJ (again, bless you single rider line), and a second frozen butterbeer. I then walked around and called Mac, who was supposed to meet me. But she didn't get much sleep the night before and was napping, so I hit up Mythos alone. It was delicious as always. I tried the mushroom flatbread which was amazing. And then I got the Pastabilities which was, I think: fettuccine, beef tips, french onion demi glace, some vegetables including carrots and crispy smoked cheddar cheese on top. Sooo good!!

I was pretty much done with IOA at that point, so I went over to Universal.

243.jpg

It was around 2pm at that point, so I just wandered around since I wasn't due to meet anyone till 4:30. I know I hit up HRRR and The Simpsons. I don't remember what else except Terminator, which I still love.

245.jpg

One of the scarezones, the Canyon one.

Grown Evil:
246.jpg

248.jpg

I also met some characters. First was EB from Hop. I hadn't seen Hop, but remembered reading his name on here in the character site thread. He seemed happy I remembered his name (but had to lie when his handler asked me if I liked the movie. :rolleyes1).

250.jpg

Then I had to go see Donkey!!

252.jpg

As I was walking back to the main street, I saw a familiar face in the crowd! It was Janet and her hubby. I joined them and we made our way over to Finnegan's! But not after saying hi to this guy:

253.jpg

We sat and chatted while waiting on Mac to show up.

254.jpg

I can't remember what I had tonight, but I think it was small. Wait, it was the chicken stingers (or zingers, whichever the boneless ones were). Our waiter was sloooow tonight. We actually missed them releasing people for HHN due to us still eating. Oh well. It had sprinkled some as the night started, but nothing else the later it got.

We hit up the Winter's Night house, which was my favorite. We hit up pretty much all the houses that night, which were all really well done. We all really enjoyed the queue video for the HR Bloodngutz house, and kinda more than the house itself :laughing:.

257.jpg

Lines were starting to get long by the tie we got to the last house, so Janet and her hubby headed out since they didn't have express, while Mac and I hit up most of the houses twice with our expresses. It was a great night! I'll close out with a pic of Lady Luck.

258.jpg

A couple of pics I took with my phone I forgot I had, lol.

f6fdd4b4.jpg

Pineapple margarita from La Cava at Epcot

d9e42061.jpg

My score from my one ride on TSMM

237.jpg

For Bullwinkle fans

It looks like you guys had a great time ... with all the rain that first weekend, I'm really not upset that we didn't get to HHN this year :confused3

Great report!!! Sounds like you had lots of fun and a bunch of really super meet-ups with friends!

I loved your day at EPCOT/HS. My whole family loves Living with the Land too, and we can't quite figure out why. I think it has something to do with all of the real plants and animals (fish). When you are at Disney or Universal, so much is artificial (really well done fake, of course), but it is really refreshing to see actual living things!

Fun afternoon at HS, too! We agree, Muppets are great, too! I'm looking forward to the new movie.

Bummer on leaving behind your camera the next morning! :sad1: Congrats on making the first round at AI. How fun! That's great that you shared your FP to TSM. We do that when we have extra FP and when we had Give-a-Day FP, but it is surprisingly hard to share this type of stuff. People don't always understand and think you are scamming them. I'm sure you made the day of the people you shared with.

Wow, 5 rides on Manta at Sea World! Cool! Sounds like you hit up some fun shows and attractions, too, and your lunch looks yummy!

Thank you for your feedback about Churisscaria. I haven't read any reviews of this place, so it is good to know you enjoyed it. Can't wait to see some pictures from your night at Rising Star.

Really enjoyed your photos and descriptions from IoA/US and HHN. What a spectacular day!!! Fun touring, great attractions, super character meet and greets, delicious food and blood and gore! Does it get any better than that???

Well I am so glad I am not the only one who keeps switching things around!! I am 2 weeks away and I changed my hotel room again!!!! This is it, no more changes unless RPH tells me to get lost because I am driving them crazy! For me it all comes down to money!

YAY..........updated.........LOVE your pics, you can really feel your enthusiasm in your writing :thumbsup2

I`m tempted to maybe include a half day in DHS just for ToT and RnRC.......we all love those rides.

So glad you were having such an amazing time. We were super excited to get our pics with Dr Doom himself this year and the rest of the gang, some of whom we had missed before.

I`m really enjoying reading all about it, and looking forward to more :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter