S/O of Netflix Thread - Anyone watching Making a Murderer on Netflix?

Finished earlier today and I'm also from Wisconsin. I didn't follow the case closely back then. What happened to Dassey was pretty despicable,but the interrogators knew they could take advantage of cognitively disabled kid.

As for Avery I also don't believe he's innocent but I didn't see enough(I know the doc is one-sided) where if I was on the jury I would have convicted him.

I couldn't finish it. It was seriously bringing me down and putting me in a weird mood. I can watch ID Discovery all day, but for some reason the tone, the music? I don't know...Was just getting to me. I watched about 6 episodes.

I also don't know how to feel.

You all have to remember a key point as you watch this: This documentary was all set up by the defense team. Students put this together, and they are only here to represent the side of the defense. They are leaving out all of the incriminating evidence of both convicted men. There is so much I wish I had time to write about, but that is the strongest message I can give to you.

You all have to remember a key point as you watch this: This documentary was all set up by the defense team. Students put this together, and they are only here to represent the side of the defense. They are leaving out all of the incriminating evidence of both convicted men. There is so much I wish I had time to write about, but that is the strongest message I can give to you.
Kratz was asked to participate in the documentary. He refused, but he sure is making statements to any national media outlet that will give him attention.

Kratz was asked to participate in the documentary. He refused, but he sure is making statements to any national media outlet that will give him attention.

Despite the fact that both of these guys are guilty, I do admit that Ken Kratz is no angel with his very unprofessional issues involving sexting. He probably had no idea how big this Netflix docu-series was going to become.

I would love to see this evidence. Can you link to it, even Katz himself has released nothing in his recent statements besides *67 phone calls, answering door in a towel, requesting this girl specifically, statements to a former prisoner he'd committ crimes against women and even construct a cell to hold them. All of that is IMO not enough to prove guilt, especially with all of the obvious police tampering/inappropriate behavior by the investigators. I just can't get over the police officer calling in the car days before it is found on Avery's property, the tampered blood vile from evidence, no blood from the victim, no marks from being tied or shackled anywhere, evidence found months later by an officer who had no buisness investigating. There is just no forensics linking them to the crime besides the questionable blood smear in her truck.

I don't disagree that the documentary favors avery, but most of that is because what happened was in fact wrong. You can't dispute that those things happened and shouldn't have.

I recently finished this series and wow, I have no idea what to think. I have a difficult time understanding why they would go through so much trouble trying to frame him so it's difficult for me to decide whether he's guilty or not. The biggest issue I have is that there is no blood or other evidence of the woman in his house or garage. With the violent way she was tortured and then killed there would definitely be both hair and blood evidence unless she was killed elsewhere. Avery is not able to clean up 100% of the scene. Finding that many bone fragments in his firepit does raise suspicion but certainly doesn't mean they weren't placed there.

The kid has no reason to make up an elaborate story about what happened so by him confessing it makes me think maybe they did do it. He then later says none of it was true...which is typical of a guilty person. He definitely has a low mental capacity so it's impossible to really know. He may have just not understood the severity of it all.

All in all, I do think Steven might be guilty. I struggle with whether any of it happened at his residence or if she was killed elsewhere, shot, then driven in her SUV in the trunk/back, then set on fire.

Did they ever match the bullet casings to a gun he owned? We're his prints or DNA on the casings? There is just no way she bled out in his house or garage...he either killed her somewhere else or he was not involved at all.

I couldn't finish it. It was seriously bringing me down and putting me in a weird mood. I can watch ID Discovery all day, but for some reason the tone, the music? I don't know...Was just getting to me. I watched about 6 episodes.

I also don't know how to feel.
I agree, it wrecked my Christmas spirit. I wished I never watched it.

My husband and I watched it over the past two days and we were hooked. I'm horrified by the way Brendan Dassey was treated. The crime was the stuff of nightmares. My heart aches for Teresa Helbach's family and what they've gone through. I can't help but wonder how they feel with all of the attention this documentary is getting.
I believe they are both innocent. There were far too many inconsistencies and not enough evidence to convict, IMO.

I haven't been on the boards in forever and wanted to see if anyone was talking about this documentary. Sure enough, here we are. I'm only on the 4th episode so I have a way to go still.

I don't like that when Steve was young he threw the family cat into the fire. I get that we're young, and we do stupid things, but damn. I also don't like that some of his letters to his first wife, where he wrote that he would kill her. But that said, it's obvious he had nothing to do with the woman who was sexually assaulted and Steven spent 18 years of his life behind bars for crime he didn't commit. Was he a model citizen, not necessarily, but he didn't deserve to have 18 years taken away from him, all because the sheriff had some personal vendetta.

I'm not sure where I stand on the second wave of this story, it's too early to tell, there's to many unanswered questions for me, and I don't know yet how this story ends. But, say Steven is guilty, even someone of a simpler mind, (as they like to paint him) would be smart enough not to dispose of the vehicle (of someone they just murdered) on their own property, I mean come on, that just screams being framed. And I don't for a second believe, after his previous run ins with the law, that he would have the mind frame to be so cooperative with the search if he knew that vehicle was there. A guilty man had numerous days to run, and he didn't.

And then like others have said, where's the blood, wheres the DNA, why did it take 3 days to find the key, and how dare they question Brendan a 16 year old child, with no adults present, no attorney, the poor kid had no guidance. He didn't even understand that he was being arrested, my heart broke when he asked if he could make his 1:29 class, cause he had a project due.

To the family and friends of Teresa, I can't begin to imagine what this must be like, to have the world now involved in this case, to constantly relive these memories. I am truly sorry for your loss.

I haven't been on the boards in forever and wanted to see if anyone was talking about this documentary. Sure enough, here we are. I'm only on the 4th episode so I have a way to go still.

I don't like that when Steve was young he threw the family cat into the fire. I get that we're young, and we do stupid things, but damn. I also don't like that some of his letters to his first wife, where he wrote that he would kill her. But that said, it's obvious he had nothing to do with the woman who was sexually assaulted and Steven spent 18 years of his life behind bars for crime he didn't commit. Was he a model citizen, not necessarily, but he didn't deserve to have 18 years taken away from him, all because the sheriff had some personal vendetta.

I'm not sure where I stand on the second wave of this story, it's too early to tell, there's to many unanswered questions for me, and I don't know yet how this story ends. But, say Steven is guilty, even someone of a simpler mind, (as they like to paint him) would be smart enough not to dispose of the vehicle (of someone they just murdered) on their own property, I mean come on, that just screams being framed. And I don't for a second believe, after his previous run ins with the law, that he would have the mind frame to be so cooperative with the search if he knew that vehicle was there. A guilty man had numerous days to run, and he didn't.

And then like others have said, where's the blood, wheres the DNA, why did it take 3 days to find the key, and how dare they question Brendan a 16 year old child, with no adults present, no attorney, the poor kid had no guidance. He didn't even understand that he was being arrested, my heart broke when he asked if he could make his 1:29 class, cause he had a project due.

To the family and friends of Teresa, I can't begin to imagine what this must be like, to have the world now involved in this case, to constantly relive these memories. I am truly sorry for your loss.

That killed me too, when Brendan asked about getting to his next class so he could hand in his project. He had no idea how horrible his life was about to get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter