S/O of Netflix Thread - Anyone watching Making a Murderer on Netflix?

Lol. Didn't realize sitting on a jury meant you had to have a law degree. The transcripts are out there. Reasonable doubt is everywhere. Oh but I forgot "reasonable doubt is for innocent people."

And yes, I do have a law degree.

Eta: by the way, you may also want to look up the difference between "innocent" and "guilty beyond a reasonable doubt" as they are not the same thing at all. Juries don't find people innocent over here. There isn't a stupid meme about that you can post, is there?

Did anyone watch Dateline Friday and/or the ID special on Saturday? I watched both. Ken Kratz just makes me nauseous. He keeps saying that people don't know all of the evidence presented at trial that proves SA's guilt, but then he doesn't back it up with anything concrete. That's because there is none.. IMO. Didn't really learn anything new from either show. But the ID show did have Zellner on at the end. She said there are advances in forensic testing that will help SA and he's ready and willing for her to test everything. She said that's how she knows he's innocent!

Last edited:
4097754.jpg

I agree. Do you know why his release is taking so long?

At the end of the 91 page decision that was released is a paragraph that stays the decision if the State should appeal with a higher court. I would assume that it why. The State at this point can choose to appeal the most recent decision, move ahead with a new trial, or release Dassey.

In the event the respondent files a timely notice of appeal, the judgment will be stayed pending disposition of that appeal. See id.

Dated at Milwaukee, Wisconsin this 12th day of August, 2016.

Just so you all know, there will be a 2nd season of "Making a Murderer." The new episodes were actually announced before the most recent court decision regarding Brendan so I'm sure the producers/directors are quite ecstatic.

I am so happy for Brendan.. but the poor boy is going to need help getting on with his life. I pray he gets it.

I am so happy for Brendan.. but the poor boy is going to need help getting on with his life. I pray he gets it.
Brendan was never released, the state appealed and won. Go figure.

Also Steve lost his Supreme Court appeal, the movie is just going to make people even angrier how corrupt our system is. He should of got at least a trial with the Supreme Court.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter