Sister Wives

I agree that Janelle seems more together than the other wives. But I noticed something interesting about her last night during the session with the therapist. Janelle said when she feels uncomfortable or feels a conflict brewing, she shuts down and goes into avoidance mode. She hates conflict and would rather not confront or discuss it. Does that describe a person who would be happy and successful in a plural marriage? It seems like the husband and wives would need to be constantly adjusting, evaluating, considering that with five people in a marriage, there will be conflict at some point.

I have always felt that, out of all the women, Janelle seems like the one most likely to do better as the only wife. I think I would nominate Meri as an only-wife candidate too. Christine seems very happy to be the third wife and enjoys her place in the family. Robyn came from an abusive first marriage, and I think she enjoys the safety and support she gets from being one of four wives. I don't get the impression that Janelle really enjoys the whole set-up.
I think the commentary from her on the couch toward the end, where she was talking about the march, gave a lot of insight as to why polygamy works for her. I think she wanted a family but wanted to be fairly independent and able to do her own thing.

I was thinking that, too. But, I'm thinking the show probably told her to ask Janelle. Just sayin'.
I thought it probably had more to do with the fact that Robyn and Christine still have young kids at home, so it would probably be harder for them to get away for a couple days as opposed to Meri and Janelle, where neither really have real dependant kids relying on them.

Big Love was a fictionalized drama show about a husband (played by Bill Paxton) with three wives (played by Chloe Seveigny, Ginnifer Goodwin, and Jeanne Triplehorn). They were more mainstreamed but did have ties to a fictionalized FLDS type group. It was on for several years. I saw a few episodes but it never really grabbed me.
I binged it all on HBO on Demand recently and loved it! (RIP Bill Paxton. :sad1: ) But for any Sister Wives fans, Big Love was very, very different than the real-life polygamists. I wonder what the Browns and other families like them would have to say about it. :scratchin

I read on-line that though they call themselves husband and wive, that they are not married.

I found it interesting that it was all the fault of the young girl, and no fault of the husband, who slept with her and who was much older that the young girl.

Kind of off topic, but is anyone watching the new show 'Seeking Sister Wife' ? Some crazy stuff going on in those families too....like the husband who was "intimate" with his potential next wife on their VERY FIRST DATE, while his extremely pregnant wife sat home with their 2 small kids. You can't make this stuff up!

This episode was a clash of all my poligamy TV viewing. The Browns, obviously, the Aldridges from Seeking Sister Wife, and Shanell from Escaping Poligamy. I like that Caleb and Maddie supported the family despite their belief system. I found it interesting that the march was in Utah, but Mykelti and Tony were nowhere to be found.

I actually felt bad for the Browns last night. IMO polygamy should be legal in the sense that you only have one legal wife and they basically just call the rest of them their wives. As long as you aren't abusing children, committing welfare fraud or breaking any tax laws (which are rules for monogamous couples) then what's the problem. We aren't talking the Warren Jeffs situation where women have no choice. These women CHOOSE this life. Big big difference.

I'm very much a live and let live type person. Let gay people be married, let polygamists get married. They aren't hurting anyone.

I actually felt bad for the Browns last night. IMO polygamy should be legal in the sense that you only have one legal wife and they basically just call the rest of them their wives. As long as you aren't abusing children, committing welfare fraud or breaking any tax laws (which are rules for monogamous couples) then what's the problem. We aren't talking the Warren Jeffs situation where women have no choice. These women CHOOSE this life. Big big difference.

I'm very much a live and let live type person. Let gay people be married, let polygamists get married. They aren't hurting anyone.

I agree. I told my husband that there is no difference between polygamy and someone cheating except they know about it and are ok with it.

This episode was a clash of all my poligamy TV viewing. The Browns, obviously, the Aldridges from Seeking Sister Wife, and Shanell from Escaping Poligamy. I like that Caleb and Maddie supported the family despite their belief system. I found it interesting that the march was in Utah, but Mykelti and Tony were nowhere to be found.
I wasn't Mykelti worked way to hard to get back in the Mormon church to go and support this march. They would kick her out for good after this.

I'm really shocked that Janelle went. She always been one not to rock the boat and not to be places to get herself in trouble just like on last week march when she said she was doubting if she should be there. I guess she didn't wanna stay home with all the kids lol lol.

Interesting to see the guy from Seeking Sister Wives.

Thought it was great for Caleb to support the family even though it wasn't religion.

I wasn't Mykelti worked way to hard to get back in the Mormon church to go and support this march. They would kick her out for good after this.

mykelti isn't a member of the Mormon church. she was rejected for membership b/c she won't publicly denounce her parent's polygamous lifestyle. I suspect tony is on shaky ground with the church b/c he is appearing on the show and not publicly denouncing the practice as well.

mykelti isn't a member of the Mormon church. she was rejected for membership b/c she won't publicly denounce her parent's polygamous lifestyle. I suspect tony is on shaky ground with the church b/c he is appearing on the show and not publicly denouncing the practice as well.
I thought she was a member just thought she couldn't be baptized

I thought she was a member just thought she couldn't be baptized

an lds approved (application and approval is required ahead of time) and performed baptism and confirmation is required for membership.

I had the last episode on DVR and just watched it last night. Christine has always been a little over the top but she seems to be even more so this season. I don’t know if that’s because of the anticipation of the wedding, welcoming Tony into the family, or maybe she just wanted more camera time.

Relative to the preview for the next episode: I can understand that Kody was upset with Meri over the catfishing incident. But my gosh man either tell her you are done or forgive her and try to get over it. Just because you are in a plural marriage doesn’t mean that the marriage rules don’t apply. At some point during most marriages, one spouse feels betrayed by the other for something that was said or done. (By the way, I have been a legal assistant in a family law office for 30+ years so I have seen and heard a lot.)

I am now wondering if the producers have cut out the scenes of Meri getting involved in any conversations in order to build up drama for the upcoming episodes. If you go back and look at the wedding episode, you can see Meri dancing by Kody and he seemed to turn and face her and dance with her at least for a little bit.

I just thought that the whole group was being overdramatic/needless scaring the kids about the possibility of being arrested if they attended the 'march' (or whatever they called it). the browns are not currently living in or residents of Utah so there would be no basis for any kind of arrest of them within that state on polygamy charges, and since they/the organizer of the 'march' seem well experienced at getting legal advice then if any permits were required for the event I would assume the Utah resident practicing polygamists would make sure it was secured so they didn't provide an excused for law enforcement to arrest on that basis.

i was surprised that the browns didn't already have some kind of legal documents in place regarding the kids. it's not unusual for one of the wives to be traveling alone w/kody so I just assumed that if something tragic happened there would already be paperwork in place so that one of the other sister wives would have legal standing to keep custody of their minor children. in the absence of it some blood relative who disagrees with the polygamist lifestyle could swoop in and make a bid to take them.

I can't say I was surprised by it but I gasped when robyn told of how she had instructed her son dayton that if police showed up and started arresting people he was to take the younger kids 'and run and hide':mad::mad: that is SO dangerous and irresponsible!!!

I had the last episode on DVR and just watched it last night. Christine has always been a little over the top but she seems to be even more so this season. I don’t know if that’s because of the anticipation of the wedding, welcoming Tony into the family, or maybe she just wanted more camera time.

Relative to the preview for the next episode: I can understand that Kody was upset with Meri over the catfishing incident. But my gosh man either tell her you are done or forgive her and try to get over it. Just because you are in a plural marriage doesn’t mean that the marriage rules don’t apply. At some point during most marriages, one spouse feels betrayed by the other for something that was said or done. (By the way, I have been a legal assistant in a family law office for 30+ years so I have seen and heard a lot.)

I am now wondering if the producers have cut out the scenes of Meri getting involved in any conversations in order to build up drama for the upcoming episodes. If you go back and look at the wedding episode, you can see Meri dancing by Kody and he seemed to turn and face her and dance with her at least for a little bit.
I’m watching Cody and Meri at the therapist. He’s been over her for awhile now.8 felt so bad when she talked to him about wanting to try and have another baby and he wasn’t having it. Then Robyn had a baby. Cody is over her but doesn’t want to look bad letting her go. He’s ready for a new younger wife but he needs meri to leave in her own. Just set her free Cody , she deserves to be happy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter