~~~Summer Scavenger Hunt sent/received~~~.....COMPLETED!!

What a wonderful package, Bobbi..........see people, volunteer to mail internationally and good things will come to you ;)

Now we just wait for the one to Princess to arrive.

Glad you got your package and like the items Bobbi.

I'm still waiting on yours to arrive. I'm sure it's not that far behind. :goodvibes

Glad you got your package and like the items Bobbi.

I'm still waiting on yours to arrive. I'm sure it's not that far behind. :goodvibes

Yes, I like the items very much, DH wants to hear me play the Didgeridoo!

I was told that it could take a bit longer because I was over the ideal weight.

DH told me that he gets and enjoys Tim Tams when he's in Mexico. Today we opened and enjoyed some at home!

:goodvibes Did you do the Tim Tam slurp? Did DH learn this when in Mexico?

Make yourself a cup of coffee (or tea or hot chocolate).

Take a smallish bite out of one corner. Turn the biscuit over and take a smallish bit out of the diagonal corner. The bite needs to be big enough to get through the outer chocolate layer and to the biscuit inside.

Dunk one of the bitten corners into the hot drink and suck the diagonal corner like you would a straw.

As soon as you can feel or taste the hot liquid, quickly slurp the WHOLE Tim Tam into your mouth! :lovestruc

Take a smallish bite out of one corner. Turn the biscuit over and take a smallish bit out of the diagonal corner. The bite needs to be big enough to get through the outer chocolate layer and to the biscuit inside.

Dunk one of the bitten corners into the hot drink and suck the diagonal corner like you would a straw.

As soon as you can feel or taste the hot liquid, quickly slurp the WHOLE Tim Tam into your mouth! :lovestruc

No, he didn't tell me any such thing! I'll give it a try tomorrow morning!:thumbsup2

I need more practice! However, I liked the taste of the biscuit and coffee! Yum!:goodvibes

I need more practice! However, I liked the taste of the biscuit and coffee! Yum!:goodvibes

:rotfl: I figure I need almost the whole packet to "practise" each time. It's a great midnight-after-a-couple-of-bottles-of-wine activity to do with friends. Just make sure you use a triple layer tablecloth and place lots of newspaper under everyone!

It's here! It's here! :yay:

As luck would have it, I was outside in my garden when I noticed the postie truck pull up right in front of my house. I thought it was my parcel.....and then he walked across the street and delivered to the house across mine. He then got in the van and started to drive off. I was just starting to feel a little disappointed when he suddenly came to a screeching halt and reversed the van.

He had the parcel....just thought my house was further down the street.

It was nicely packed and arrived in one piece. Here's what was inside:

1. Postcard from Ohio. Nice pictures!

2. Spoon rest with Bobbi and her DH's name on it. They had it specially made for their wedding favour from a few years ago. I love it!!

3. Triangle shaped item - a string of pennants with different types of sports on it. I'd like to say that DS would snaffle it; but sadly, I'm more sporty than he is! I'm going to hang it inside the cubby house.

4. Item made from wood...er...metal; given how picky Customs can be. It's a Mickey Christmas medal for a lanyard. Perfect! I'll be hanging this on my Christmas tree this year.

5. Menu - from Le Cellier. :lovestruc

6. Yellow item - a mug with lemons painted on it. I collect mugs; and have been banned from buying more. :laughing:

7. Item starting with a D - D23 Disneyland Patch. I've been reading a few TRs of the recent D23 event; so I was really pleased to have my own D23 souvenir.

8. Puzzle - Sudoku puzzle book. DS and I will be enjoying this one together. We usually try to do about 3 or 4 together during the week.

9. Something fuzzy. Purple socks. Definitely will get well used!

10. Favourite snack - licorice; which is Bobbi's favourite. Sadly, I'm not too fond of licorice.....but DH is and he's already snaffled these. But great minds think alike...Bobbi also sent me some CHOCOLATE cookies. :cool1: Mine! All Mine!

11. Luggage tag - a DVC tag. We're arranging for a DisGamer's Meet in the first week of October 2013 and there is a thread on the Gamer's section (anyone who wants to come is invited). We're planning on renting DVC points for the meet.

12. Something summer related - a sunflower wind sock. Bobbi - I love sunflowers too. I'm going to hang this where I can see it everyday.

13. Something in a can - a vanilla scented candle. Smells divine and vanilla is one of my favourite scents.

14. Tourist souvenir - a fridge magnet from Columbus. It's already joined my collection :rolleyes1 on the fridge door.

15. Something with a cat on it - a picture frame with cats on it. It's perfect for me to put a picture of one of my cats in it.

Thanks so much Bobbi! I've really enjoyed opening my box and seeing all the great items. Brought such smiles to my day.

And Nancy - thanks for organising a wonderful scav hunt! Here's to Feb 2012.

princess::upsidedow

:yay: So glad it has arrived....and sounds great!!

That competes this exchange.

Next hunt is scheduled for late Feb......hope to see you all then!! ::yes::

:yay:It arrived!

This was a fun exchange! I'm glad you will enjoy most of the items, and I'll keep in mind your treat preference, chocolate!

I expect to join the hunt in 2012!

Bobbi:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter