SWGE Anaheim Opening Day Reservation Holders!!!

Hi all, Any news whether opening day merchandise will be inside Galaxy's Edge? (Not speculation, actual news. :tilt:)

From SW:GE hotel line: I have confirmation that hotel guests are receiving entrance bands at check-in to their hotel. I have confirmation that QR codes are just for guests with the free no-cost reservation. I have confirmation that even 8am no-cost reservation holders will be able to go into Launch Bay at 6am to check-in. I was unable to confirm that hotel guests, who already have their SW:GE access wrist bands will be allowed to enter to queue at 6am with the no-cost reservation guests.

Any news on whether hotel guests with 8am reservations are allowed to enter at 6am along with no-cost reservation guests heading to Launch Bay to check-in is appreciated. (Right now, we're assuming going to queue at 6am regardless.)

My speculation is that hotel guests will already have their wristbands and just line up at regular rope-drop to head to the land (walking purposefully) with no additional check-in other than their bands being checked at the entrances to SWGE. Reservation holders will be walked to Launch Bay to check-in / receive bands and then will either be held there until 8 am or walked back to join the rope-drop crowds.

I guess the only thing I can see for 8 am reservation holders on 5/31 is the decision if they want to head first to get in line for merchandise vs. head first to SWGE when they are released at 8am? Maybe if they are held at Launch Bay it would give them an advantage to be able to grab some merch before heading in to SWGE? If that were the case I can see hotel reservation guests wanting to go to Launch Bay vs. rope drop.

I'm getting really worried about the merchandise situation. I know everyone has a different opinion on this and I don't want to start a row on it but nothing annoys me more than scalpers or people queuing to get opening day merchandise when they aren't even going to be in the land that day. My annoyance is at Disney as well because they allow this to happen, the merchandise shouldn't all be put out at once.

My speculation is that hotel guests will already have their wristbands and just line up at regular rope-drop to head to the land (walking purposefully) with no additional check-in other than their bands being checked at the entrances to SWGE. Reservation holders will be walked to Launch Bay to check-in / receive bands and then will either be held there until 8 am or walked back to join the rope-drop crowds.

I guess the only thing I can see for 8 am reservation holders on 5/31 is the decision if they want to head first to get in line for merchandise vs. head first to SWGE when they are released at 8am? Maybe if they are held at Launch Bay it would give them an advantage to be able to grab some merch before heading in to SWGE? If that were the case I can see hotel reservation guests wanting to go to Launch Bay vs. rope drop.

If the hotel guests already have their bands though what is to stop them selling them before getting in? I could turn round and offer to sell it online and not enter myself. Unless they ID check again at the entrance to GE?

If the hotel guests already have their bands though what is to stop them selling them before getting in? I could turn round and offer to sell it online and not enter myself. Unless they ID check again at the entrance to GE?

I would guess we will need to show our room key in addition to the wrist band.

I've read they double check ID at the land's entrance for the CM previews so id assume they will do this for hotel guests too.

Thank you @usctrojans for posting this video. My DLEH confirmation does not have a QR code. I am hoping this means we can check in for the event at our hotel.

Time will tell.
I believe we’ll get the QR codes in the email that comes the day before our reservation. It’s just a guess on my part. But the email in “the know before you go” video looks nothing like the emails we’ve gotten to date. So, I think it’s yet to come. Does anyone out there have a QR code email yet?

The parking structure will open at midnight this Friday. That is, midnight on Thursday night/Friday morning. A friend has an 8:00 a.m. reservation and will likely arrive at 2:00 a.m. I’ve been told this by several CMs as well as a guy I know who’s a DL security officer.

As an aside, the parking structure opened at 5:30 yesterday morning. That’s an hour earlier than usual.

I believe we’ll get the QR codes in the email that comes the day before our reservation. It’s just a guess on my part. But the email in “the know before you go” video looks nothing like the emails we’ve gotten to date. So, I think it’s yet to come. Does anyone out there have a QR code email yet?

The email that came when you made free reservations had the QR code so that might have been the one you saw.

The email that came when you made free reservations had the QR code so that might have been the one you saw.

The hotel reservations have no qr code, but the free public reservations do. A little confusing, but no matter where you get your wrist band, I believe it is double verified. This must be to deter selling or swapping.

Just a thought about the special merch, can’t we shop on Main Street at Emporium if we got our bands at the hotel check in? That is usually open prior to rope drop?

I think I’ve changed my order of plans for opening based in the cm previews though:
1. Olga’s for breakfast cocktails! Take the edge off because honestly, after all the waiting, I’ll need it by then already!
2. Legacy lightsaber and droid build before its too crazy.
3. Falcon
4. Anything remaining, to play the app and explore!

Is it confirmed that they'll be selling cocktails for the morning reservations? I'll definitely need to try one!

I know lots of people were curious about opening day merch. I was on with the hotel GE reservation line yesterday and the cm offered up this gem without my even asking, ALL EXCLUSIVE MERCH WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE INSIDE OF GE!!! I sure hope that’s true. She seemed very confident about it, but I would verify and confirm it since the folks seem to be getting different info depending on the day. She laughed a bit when I said I was going to shop the emporium before the park opened. She told me, no need it’s all in GE.

I also asked to confirm about the wrist bands at check in and was told maybe.... anyone have other info on calls?

No
I know lots of people were curious about opening day merch. I was on with the hotel GE reservation line yesterday and the cm offered up this gem without my even asking, ALL EXCLUSIVE MERCH WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE INSIDE OF GE!!! I sure hope that’s true. She seemed very confident about it, but I would verify and confirm it since the folks seem to be getting different info depending on the day. She laughed a bit when I said I was going to shop the emporium before the park opened. She told me, no need it’s all in GE.

I also asked to confirm about the wrist bands at check in and was told maybe.... anyone have other info on calls?

I check in at the VGC tomorrow and will let you know what I am told about the wrist bands.

Cannot believe it is almost here!

I don’t know how I managed, but my DH has NO IDEA we are going tomorrow to check in and going for 8am Opening Day reservations! We’re staying at Paradise Pier and arriving around 4:30 if anyone wants to see a grown man crying and screaming “NO WAY”!

He thinks I’ve been putting Disney bound outfits together for June 24th and that we are driving to our daughters high school end of year banquet for theatre. Seriously, not a clue about it.

This is my first time posting on the DIS boards prior to a trip and I really felt a sense of community getting ready. Cannot wait to celebrate with you all. Til the spires!

I have checked into PPH yesterday; the front desk CM resent my confirmation email, and the new email had the QR code.
They also have a separate "galaxys edge checkin" room where the CMs will do the same.
No wristbands at the hotel, checkin for wristbands is at launch bay for everyone, same rules as have already been posted.

We're also checking into Paradise Pier today. Mid-afternoon. I'm wearing a FirstOrder "build crew" t-shirt. It says "No Instructions, No Problem!" on the back. (That's my build/stormtrooper in the avatar picture.) Please feel welcome to say "HI!"

If we're going to a place this evening where it's easy for folks to drop in and meet-up I'll post. Would love to say howdy in person. :cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter