Taste of Flower and Garden Festival announced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting (im)patiently for menus, as well. I'll be going third week of March. If anyone is willing to mail me two of the booklets (are they doing the booklets??) I would be willing to Venmo you $5 to cover mailing. ?? Let me know. Would need to be mailed by March 5th. Thanks
When are you coming? I can send you thr9e booklet but it wouldn't be in the mail until the night of the 3rd since the 3rd is the first day of the festival

When are you coming? I can send you thr9e booklet but it wouldn't be in the mail until the night of the 3rd since the 3rd is the first day of the festival

I leave the 11th but I live in rural Colorado where mail is super sloooowww. If you could mail by the 5th, I'd be very grateful and of course would send you $5 before you did. :worship:

We had to unfortunately cancel a Festival of the Arts day past weekend.. We are going next week for a full week for Flower and Garden and cannot believe that the menus are not out yet. We had have to make out our list of must eats, maybe eats, and not eats. I have been checking every day for quite a while.

We had to unfortunately cancel a Festival of the Arts day past weekend.. We are going next week for a full week for Flower and Garden and cannot believe that the menus are not out yet. We had have to make out our list of must eats, maybe eats, and not eats. I have been checking every day for quite a while.
This has been how I feel about all 2021 planning. Don’t know the park hours until 2 weeks ahead, don’t know when they will add dining reservations for extended hours, don’t know when they will reshuffle the park pass inventory such that “yellow” days become “green”, and my dang flight times keep changing what seems like once a week too—I feel like there are a dozen things I need to monitor on a daily basis. I miss when we would know what all our plans would be locked in when we booked fastpass 60 days ahead and I could make a nice color coded calendar for our trip.

I'm glad I'm not the only one checking for menus daily. We're going 3/7. I hope I can work on my list before then.

This has been how I feel about all 2021 planning. Don’t know the park hours until 2 weeks ahead, don’t know when they will add dining reservations for extended hours, don’t know when they will reshuffle the park pass inventory such that “yellow” days become “green”, and my dang flight times keep changing what seems like once a week too—I feel like there are a dozen things I need to monitor on a daily basis. I miss when we would know what all our plans would be locked in when we booked fastpass 60 days ahead and I could make a nice color coded calendar for our trip.
Ha-I’m so happy not to have to have a spreadsheet for my trip! This trip is feeling more like our DL and Universal trips-pick a park, make a couple dinner reservations for the week and just go. I like planning to a point but WDW had gotten ridiculous and my family haaaaated me trying to control where they want to eat six months from now and then driving them through the parks like a sheep dog.

Ha-I’m so happy not to have to have a spreadsheet for my trip! This trip is feeling more like our DL and Universal trips-pick a park, make a couple dinner reservations for the week and just go. I like planning to a point but WDW had gotten ridiculous and my family haaaaated me trying to control where they want to eat six months from now and then driving them through the parks like a sheep dog.
I dunno, I don’t think that planning is any less important this time—in many ways, it seems MORE important.

1) Have to track how early you can arrive at each park each morning and rope drop because if you arrive late, you’ll have to wait over an hour for most rides. Used to be I would make fastpasses starting late morning so that I didn’t have to rope drop and could still ride our favorite rides with no wait if we wanted a late breakfast or morning swim at the resort.

2) Have to book TS restaurants right at 6am at 60 days or you can kiss goodbye most TS restaurants given how low restaurant capacity is and how many restaurants are closed. Used to be even a month ahead there were plenty of TS to choose from.

3) Have to use mobile order and book counter service meals hours ahead or you could be stuck waiting a long time for food if mobile order is backed up.

In either scenario through, both pre and post covid, I would for sure want to advance plan what festival treats to try so I don’t have to walk all around WS to see what is available. So I really really wish they would post the menus already!

It’s fun to read about the treats but as long as I can pick up a brochure when arrive we won’t need to wonder WS showcase to read each menu and I’m sure we will still be able to do that. I don’t need to know now in order to plan daily eating for May. We will book a couple TS restaurants, eat some meals in our villa, and do QS and snacks. The ride planning is much more like disneyland has been-I feel like I just need to understand touring strategy at each park and then adjust on the fly. That just works better for my family than -hey, six months from now where do you want to eat breakfast and two months from now what FP will you feel like? If I could wave a magic wand I’d bring back legacy FP or maxpass, but FP+ and 180 day dining were never hits with my family. YMMV of course!

I have resisted even looking the past few days - still no menus. Seems crazy that it starts next week and they aren't posted.

It’s fun to read about the treats but as long as I can pick up a brochure when arrive we won’t need to wonder WS showcase to read each menu and I’m sure we will still be able to do that. I don’t need to know now in order to plan daily eating for May. We will book a couple TS restaurants, eat some meals in our villa, and do QS and snacks. The ride planning is much more like disneyland has been-I feel like I just need to understand touring strategy at each park and then adjust on the fly. That just works better for my family than -hey, six months from now where do you want to eat breakfast and two months from now what FP will you feel like? If I could wave a magic wand I’d bring back legacy FP or maxpass, but FP+ and 180 day dining were never hits with my family. YMMV of course!
I still already know where I want to eat months in advance lol, I still do that even though we can't book until 60 days out. I think for those of us going sooner than May it feels more urgent to get the menus, I like to make a plan of attack of where I'm going to head when I get there. I'm actually only hopping to Epcot since we only have 3 park days on this trip so I want to make sure I can get in what I want in time. I'm going to arrive via the IG entrance so are there snacks on the way to rided I want going through UK & Canada, or if I want a snack amd I gonna have to go the looooooooong way before going to rides and start at TT and end at the Land pavilion (it would normally be the other way around). Also, is there even enough that I want to eat that I don't need to plan a QS meal, or am I going to have to pace myself because there is more than I can eat? This is my 5th trip since reopening and I know I need a plan of attack so we can do everything we want (have to rope drop, have to plan those QS in advance and get a mobile order scheduled or you could be in trouble when people start getting hangry, and have to have a general idea of where to go when). It's both more and less planning all at the same time, and I want to plan it before I walk in the park and pick up a brochure (which I never get because it's just one more thing to carry around/lose/trash up my resort room)

We are on the line of going vs. cancelling - I feel like the outdoor kitchen menus will help inform our decision (we really are all about food).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter