The Running Thread - 2018

I've gotten excited for 2020 all over again--Art of Animation was available for the dates, and while it's a bit more than I was hoping to pay I think it'll be worth the upgrade from Pop or an All Star, as I've been excited about staying at AoA since it opened and have yet to even see it in person. Got a couple more data points to add to my spreadsheet, and a big note to add to my trip-planning timeline to make sure I get online and book a Little Mermaid room whenever 2020 bookings open up to make sure I get it!

ATTQOTD: I am staying off site, but I will be crashing all Beach Club Parties. (Sometimes I forget that I am running races during this trip.) What I really need is Southwest to open up their next flight schedule.

Side note: I listened to my first Dis Unplugged (Disneyland) Podcast this morning on my run. Definitely excited to listen to more of these.

I've gotten excited for 2020 all over again--Art of Animation was available for the dates, and while it's a bit more than I was hoping to pay I think it'll be worth the upgrade from Pop or an All Star, as I've been excited about staying at AoA since it opened and have yet to even see it in person. Got a couple more data points to add to my spreadsheet, and a big note to add to my trip-planning timeline to make sure I get online and book a Little Mermaid room whenever 2020 bookings open up to make sure I get it!

Dont forget to consider the following for your budget for next year. If you are driving you will have to pay the parking fee which I think is ~$15/night at a value. You can expect a 3-5% increase in room rates for next if I had to guess. Could be very interesting because by Jan 2020 most of the projects will be done. Maybe @rteetz could clarify on some of this, but the new transportation system should be done, Star Wars will be open and other projects. 2020 is going to be a busy year for WDW and they are likely to increase prices to take advantage.

Dont forget to consider the following for your budget for next year. If you are driving you will have to pay the parking fee which I think is ~$15/night at a value. You can expect a 3-5% increase in room rates for next if I had to guess. Could be very interesting because by Jan 2020 most of the projects will be done. Maybe @rteetz could clarify on some of this, but the new transportation system should be done, Star Wars will be open and other projects. 2020 is going to be a busy year for WDW and they are likely to increase prices to take advantage.
We should see major pricing changes by the end of this year really. The Skyliner system will open Spring 2019 which will very likely increase prices at the resorts that services. Also Disney has said they will be going to tiered/seasonal multi-day tickets by the years end. This is all in prep for Star Wars and increased crowds as well as of course making more money. I say always budget high and hope to pay less. 2021 will be the worst year of all.

True Story: I started saving for my 2021 vacation like 2 years ago (at least ... maybe more, i cant remember right now). I have a specific bank account where i put money for that vacation every month.
I'm hoping to stay at either Contemporary or Poly ... we'll see if I can afford it.
From what I have heard Disney wants to have as high occupancy as absolutely possible.

True Story: I started saving for my 2021 vacation like 2 years ago (at least ... maybe more, i cant remember right now). I have a specific bank account where i put money for that vacation every month.
I'm hoping to stay at either Contemporary or Poly ... we'll see if I can afford it.
WHOA. That's impressive. I don't even know what 2021 looks like for me in a general sense. Haha.

My dad is having some health issues and my mom really wants to take him to Stars War land before anything serious happens. I am hoping we can give him an awesome trip to Disneyland next year when it opens.

ATTQOTD: I booked AKV through one of the point rental websites earlier this year, since my whole family is coming along and with 6 of us, rooms added up. This way we have a kitchen too, which means I can plan my night-before-the-marathon dinner.

Then there's the cruise after marathon weekend, and then the cruise to celebrate my parents' 40th in August.

I want to do Star Wars but given the rest of that it feels very unlikely. Hard to justify the room cost and the flights and everything else when it would be just me going.

I make a big effort to avoid driving on vacation, so it's Disney transport all the way for me when I'm in WDW. I'm surprised, though; I hadn't heard that parking was no longer included. What a pain! I've traveled with groups that rented a car in the past and there are definite advantages...less so if you have to budget even more for it. :/ But I really dislike driving, so renting a car isn't even something I was considering. And yeah, part of the reason for making it a longer trip is to see some of the projects in their finished form...I'm expected a crowded trip and higher prices; I just wanted to get an idea today.

Already booked a week ago. Staying at Pop.
ATTQOTD: I booked for marathon weekend at French Quarter in late May.

We'll see when my next WDW visit after marathon weekend comes. 2021 for the 50th anniversary would be fun especially because I visited Disneyland and Disney World during Disneyland's 50th and enjoyed Disneyland's 60th as well, but the timing may not work right for me.

QOTD: Do you prefer running alone or with a group? A group could just be one person or many.

ATTQOTD: I prefer running with a group. Something about having others with me helps the miles pass a little quicker and I feel more accountable on keeping pace and not slacking.

Alone, unless you count my faithful running K9. As far as humans go, I run by myself. It's "me time" and some days my run type and/or distance changes so I don't want to be an inconvenience to other runners.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter