Updates for NYC cruises that dock at PC for WDW

It was a totally different DCL experience for us.....no drinks, no sitting by the adult pool, no adult clubs, no Palo, no lounging around Deck 4, no late nights....it was all geared to our 2 year old granddaughter.....we had such a good time with her! I love that about DCL....fun for all ages but it did open my eyes about how they do need a bigger toddler splash area.....it was just not big enough or stimulating enough. Many of the little kids were getting bored. There are only 3 ducks that spout water (the nephews). It was very hard having the other cool splash area within sight of the toddler area. Our DGD wanted to go in the pool and other splash area so much. They were good about keeping the older kids out of the toddler area. When one would enter the CM's were quick to ask them to leave. I have no idea where or how they could improve it and it is better than nothing for the un potty trained.

MJ
Sounds fun. It sounds like my Alaska cruise with my 12 year old. I was in bed by 10pm every night...no pool time of course, no Palo. No complaints though sometimes its just nice to sleep 10 hours a night. I'm glad you had a good time. I'm going to have to do this cruise someday if they don't pull out on NYC.

Anyone get a definitive answer as to if you had the three VIP FastPasses and also 3 additional FP for specific rides if it took the FP from the specific times ride and not your VIP ones? We plan to use the VIP for 7D in AM, Soarin in PM and FOP at dusk. Thx!
Yes! We received our tickets Monday evening. I used my free 50MB to load them into MDE and book 3 additional FPs. My son's ticket didn't show the magical FPs in MDE, but a quick trip to Guest Services upon arriving at MK took care of that (seems this was not an uncommon issue, so loading the tix into MDE to see the FPs was helpful). We used older magic bands and they worked very well. We had a great (and very long) day in MK that would have been much more frustrating without the benefit of 6 FPs. Be sure you don't try your timed FPs during the grace period. If you keep to the actual window, you won't lose your magical FP. Enjoy!!

Anyone get a definitive answer as to if you had the three VIP FastPasses and also 3 additional FP for specific rides if it took the FP from the specific times ride and not your VIP ones? We plan to use the VIP for 7D in AM, Soarin in PM and FOP at dusk. Thx!

We just got of the cruise this morning, we were at WDW on Wed. We encountered a problem with our Tickets, two were showing the 3 FPs loaded onto them but two were not. And, when I added the 4 tickets to my MDE, all four loaded but when I clicked on the Add FastPass option on my phone, it showed only two people, not all four people. So I went to Guest Services.

He fixed it for me. But what he did tell me was this: He said to be VERY careful with the three additional FPs that I wanted to book. He cautioned me by saying that if I was one minute early or one minute late at the attraction for the new FPs I booked, that it would take one of my “free” pre-loaded FPs. So if I chose something for 12-1 and tried to scan in at 11:59 or at 1:01, then it would take one of the original FPs.

I am part of a large Fbook group for our 10/14 sailing. Lots of people reported issues with their FPs. In our case, when we arrived at FOP and two of our FPs worked and two of ours didn’t, the CM asked if we were all together and if we were on the cruise and when we said yes, he waved us through because he could see part of our party had valid FPs. Some people in our Fbook group reported that CMs put restrictions on what attractions they could use their FPs for and many others reported that they had no issues. Hopefully things will run smoother for future guests on their WDW day. I would advise to take the letter along with you to the parks that you are given with your tickets. It clearly states the FPs can be used for FOP etc. Your stateroom host/hostess will give you an envelope two days prior to your day at WDW.

Have fun! It was quite an adventure!

I go in two weeks . I have so many questions? The letter states I have to take my passports and my licences and the tickets with me off the ship. Why do I need both a licence and passport would not either be good enough ID? Do you link the tickets onto to MDE on the bus ride over? And I can link it to an old magic band? (that would be great)
Any and all help would be appreciated. thank you in advance!!!!

I go in two weeks . I have so many questions? The letter states I have to take my passports and my licences and the tickets with me off the ship. Why do I need both a licence and passport would not either be good enough ID? Do you link the tickets onto to MDE on the bus ride over? And I can link it to an old magic band? (that would be great)
Any and all help would be appreciated. thank you in advance!!!!
You have to go through customs at PC, that's why you need to take your passport with you.

Those of you that I've gone recently, was there a gold/platinum reception on your cruise?

Those of you that I've gone recently, was there a gold/platinum reception on your cruise?

Good question!!! It is usually listed on the Platinum letter we receive in the stateroom....it usually says what day it will be held along with the choices for the free Platinum gift. We received the sling backpack but that was it. The letter said we could choose from a bottle of sparkling wine or the fruit tray or was it cheese tray...either way the chocolates were not offered nor was there any mention of the return cruiser party. I kept meaning to go to guest service and ask about the party but never got there. So, I have no idea if they had one last week or not. They could of and I missed it but there was no mention of it in the letter. There was a lot going on this cruise with HOTHS and Marvel and pirate so I would not be surprised if they did not have it.

Anyone else know if they did or did not have it on the 10/14 Magic?

MJ

Good question!!! It is usually listed on the Platinum letter we receive in the stateroom....it usually says what day it will be held along with the choices for the free Platinum gift. We received the sling backpack but that was it. The letter said we could choose from a bottle of sparkling wine or the fruit tray or was it cheese tray...either way the chocolates were not offered nor was there any mention of the return cruiser party. I kept meaning to go to guest service and ask about the party but never got there. So, I have no idea if they had one last week or not. They could of and I missed it but there was no mention of it in the letter. There was a lot going on this cruise with HOTHS and Marvel and pirate so I would not be surprised if they did not have it.

Anyone else know if they did or did not have it on the 10/14 Magic?

MJ

Thanks. I know the new policy is just to have them on cruises of eight nights or longer so perhaps we will have one on our 11/18 cruise.

Does anyone know if the bus from the ship to MK goes to TTC or to the bus area that a normal resort bus to MK would stop at?

I'm attempting to estimate what time I would be at MK for a 7:15am bus.

Does anyone know if the bus from the ship to MK goes to TTC or to the bus area that a normal resort bus to MK would stop at?

I'm just guessing, cause we haven't been on this cruise yet. But since they pick up in the resort bus loop, I'm assuming they drop there too.

It's supposed to go directly to MK, some drivers took MK passengers to the TTC, they were not happy. We were on a 7:30 bus and were at the gates at 8:50, they dropped us off at the normal resort busses go to.

I did one of the 7:15a bus last week to MK and we got there around 8:20a.

It's supposed to go directly to MK, some drivers took MK passengers to the TTC, they were not happy. We were on a 7:30 bus and were at the gates at 8:50, they dropped us off at the normal resort busses go to.

I did one of the 7:15a bus last week to MK and we got there around 8:20a.

Glad to hear that a bus to TTC isn't "normal", I had read something about that elsewhere and it concerned me a bit.

Also, thanks for the feedback regarding possible ETA's to MK!

So I have reservations for a 715 bus. Will they honor this reservation, or is it just first come first serve for the buses when they leave? Didn't know if I needed to be ready to go at 6 am or something, or if I could actually just show up around 7 am for the 715 bus?

Thanks!

Just back and the day at Disney was our least favorite. The crowds, the heat, the unfriendly people. So different from the cruise. Even experienced a rude CM which was a first for me.

So I have reservations for a 715 bus. Will they honor this reservation, or is it just first come first serve for the buses when they leave? Didn't know if I needed to be ready to go at 6 am or something, or if I could actually just show up around 7 am for the 715 bus?

Thanks!

It's my understanding that you get an excursion ticket number just like if you signed up for a regular port adventure. If everyone has to go through immigration at Port Canaveral there has to be some order in the way that they process people.

It's my understanding that you get an excursion ticket number just like if you signed up for a regular port adventure. If everyone has to go through immigration at Port Canaveral there has to be some order in the way that they process people.

Thanks!
You do receive an excursion ticket but nobody really looked at them ever. We ended up getting through customs ahead of a bunch of other people because as we were approaching a turn in the que, 2 new booths opened and they pulled us in a different direction. Once we got outside, they just told us to get in lines for whichever park we were going to and that was it. Nobody ever looked at ourvtickets.

Everyone had to pass through immigration by 9:15 am on our cruise last week.

I thought the WDW day was fine as I felt it was not too hot since it was overcast a lot of the time. EPCOT was not crowded when we got there at 9:00 ish. We hit the Frozen ride first and the regular line what crazy long but the FP line was virtually empty. We waited about 5 minutes and we were on. We did Nemo and Figment rides then we moved on to the MK at about 11:30. Took the monorail to the TTC and decided to have lunch at the Polynesian instead of the MK. Walked to the Poly and had lunch at Captain Cook's. We then took the monorail to the MK. What was new and I really liked was they did a bag check as you entered the monorail line at the Poly. You did not have to go through a bag check when we got to MK. At EPCOT when we got of the bus from the cruise the bag check was the longest wait. It was over 15 minutes to get through.

Our bus time to EPCOT was for 7:45 and we showed up at 7:30 and got off the ship. They directed us to the bus after immigration and we waited onboard until the bus filled. They had a solid head count of how many were supposed to be on that bus. We waited until the last family showed up and left a little after 8:00.

MJ

Last edited:
No one checked our tickets. We had 7:15 to MK. We were lined up in the atrium at 6:30 and were the first passengers on the second bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter