Wait, didn't I just get back?! An August '10 PTR...TRIP REPORT LINK ADDED p. 27

THE CAST
Since I’ve done this so many times now I won’t say too much about myself. If my sisters want they can post a little bit about themselves too. :)

But here’s the cast:
Me: wdwgirl03, aka Sarah. 25 year old Disney fanatic…I don’t think I will ever get sick of visiting WDW. Some day I would love to go back to Disneyland as well as take a Disney Cruise! My favorite characters are Tinkerbell, Nemo, and Mickey Mouse.

And since we’re going to be visiting WWOHP, my favorite Harry Potter book is Goblet of Fire, followed closely by Deathly Hallows. I always enjoyed the Triwizard Tournament in GOF and Deathly Hallows was just a great ending to the series. I was one of the very few people who actually spent time LOOKING for spoilers to see how it ended! :rolleyes1 Let's just say I wanted there to be a happy ending. :)

Sister #1: Claire, 23 years old…sometimes posts on the DIS. Her user name is *DisneyDreamer.

Sister #2: Emma, 20 years old and hopefully future WDW Cast Member. She’s going to be applying for the College Program for next spring! Also posts on here sometimes...her name is psherman42 after P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney from Finding Nemo!

The Plans
OK, so obviously not much is planned as of right now. I’ll have to see what my sisters want to do but I was thinking we could maybe do IOA on Wednesday. That way we could do two Disney days, Harry Potter, and two more Disney days. We’ll see. So here’s a very rough plan:

Sunday, August 8, 2010
-Flight out of Milwaukee on Southwest
-Arrival at MCO early afternoon...I just discovered something very tragic though about arriving on a Sunday. We won't be able to get lunch at our very favorite place, Chick-Fil-A! Booo. :sad2::rotfl:
-Magical Express to Saratoga Springs
-park???

Monday, August 9, 2010
-park day! Magic Kingdom in the morning?

Tuesday, August 10, 2010
-park day!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010
-Universal: Islands of Adventure for WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER!

Thursday, August 12, 2010
-park day!

Friday, August 13, 2010
-park day!

Saturday, August 14, 2010
-come home :( Our flight is earlier than usual so it’s going to be an early morning!
-start planning next trip. Hehe

As for ADRs, I really don’t plan on trying to make any. I know there’s no harm in looking to see what’s available but if we do any sit-down type places I think we could do places like Beaches and Cream, ESPN Club, and T-Rex Café. Thoughts?

Your general plan makes sense. Going to IOA on Wednesday gives you two days to enjoy your favorite Disney parks first. I'm guessing that you'll be doing MK and DHS the first two mornings. You can either do the traditional first day at MK or go to DHS that day and do AM EMH at MK on Tuesday. DAK has AM EMH on Monday, but I doubt if your sisters will want to start there.

As for Sunday, your flight is later than the ones we usually take so, even if it's on time, you won't be getting to the resort until about 3-4 PM. You might want to just walk to DD that day rather than making your sisters use a day on their park tickets. Maybe you could take one of those boats from DD to visit OKW or Riverside.

By planning on IOA for Wednesday, you can be flexible if that day looks like it's going to have bad weather. If you do go that day, you'll still have two more full days to visit the other parks.

Whatever you do, it sounds like fun.

Your general plan makes sense. Going to IOA on Wednesday gives you two days to enjoy your favorite Disney parks first. I'm guessing that you'll be doing MK and DHS the first two mornings. You can either do the traditional first day at MK or go to DHS that day and do AM EMH at MK on Tuesday. DAK has AM EMH on Monday, but I doubt if your sisters will want to start there.

As for Sunday, your flight is later than the ones we usually take so, even if it's on time, you won't be getting to the resort until about 3-4 PM. You might want to just walk to DD that day rather than making your sisters use a day on their park tickets. Maybe you could take one of those boats from DD to visit OKW or Riverside.

By planning on IOA for Wednesday, you can be flexible if that day looks like it's going to have bad weather. If you do go that day, you'll still have two more full days to visit the other parks.

Whatever you do, it sounds like fun.

Oh yeah, that is true that the flight is later. It was fun going to visit OKW so maybe we could go over to Port Orleans. I like going to see all the different resorts, especially the ones we have never stayed at.

Hey everyone! I just added a countdown on my phone and we only have 53 days until our trip. CRAZY! Anyways, here are some of the things I’m looking forward to when we go.

SUMMER NIGHTASTIC!!!

As you may or may not know, Disney World is doing special things this summer for what they call Summer Nightastic. The other day I got my AP Mickey Monitor and was reading about it. Ahhh I can’t wait!

The main attraction of the Summer Nightastic stuff is the return of the Main Street Electrical Parade at the Magic Kingdom. I seem to remember several years ago they had the MSEP but we never saw it. It’s going to be really exciting to see something new. I hear it’s really cool and the parade is just one of those classic Disney attractions.

Also at the Magic Kingdom they’re going to be having a different fireworks show instead of Wishes. I am almost positive it is the show from the Pirate and Princess Party since the AP newsletter mentions the Magic, Music, and Mayhem show but that’s alright. On our trip in May ’08 Dad, Claire, and I went to the P&PP and saw the fireworks. They were awesome! Can’t wait to see them again and I know that Emma will enjoy them since she wasn’t with us on that trip. Here's a video of those fireworks...I loved the music from Pirates of the Caribbean:

Another thing that sounds kind of fun is the Rock and Glow Dance Party at Hollywood Studios. This is what the newsletter says:

“Just swing by the special stage in front of the Sorcerer’s Hat on Hollywood Boulevard and check out Mulch, Sweat, and Shears, our resident landscaping crew/aspiring rock stars. As the sun goes down, the glow comes on as a result of some electrifying music and special effects. Even between sets, the party continues thanks to our house DJ and some very special Disney friends who take “dancing in the streets” to a whole new level.”

I’m sure we’ll be at the Studios some evening (gotta go see another American Idol finale!) so it might be fun to see what this is all about. And then there are the supposed enhancements at Tower of Terror. I’ll be curious to see what they did on the ride. Turns out we'll be going just in time to experience all of this since the Nightastic ends the day we leave. Perfect timing. :thumbsup2

Also, I’m trying to think of a new countdown game for this PTR. In the past I’ve done Top Ten lists and photo countdowns. I thought maybe for this one, since I’ve seen a lot of other people do something like it, is post a memory from each of our trips. I know some people do kind of whole trip recaps but that might take forever since we’ve taken so many trips! Thoughts or other ideas?

We got our AP Mickey Monitor last week and it got me SO excited about the new stuff. I really can't wait to see what they've done to the ToT.

I will DEFINITELY be going to the dance party. The first time I read about it, I was like, I am there. :dance3:

I've decided that I'm not going to watch any videos of the fireworks or MSEP before we go. I want to be surprised on our first night. Resisting the vids has been REALLY hard, though.

I'm so sad that I can't take a trip this summer to see the new fireworks and the MSEP! I'll just have to live vicariously through you :thumbsup2

I think sharing special memories from your past trips sounds like a great idea!

Ooo, that'll be a fun and different TR then with all those new events! Excited!

How about doing a memory or story using the alphabet? Then you can spread out the 26. Haha, I just have a thing for ABC things.

My parents are going this Sunday for Father's Day to DHS. My Mom says, "so they did something to Tower???" :rotfl: She apparently missed the whole Summer Nightastic announcement...and they live in FL!

If they check out Tower on Sunday, want me to report back the changes, or do you want to be surprised??

We got our AP Mickey Monitor last week and it got me SO excited about the new stuff. I really can't wait to see what they've done to the ToT.

Only about a month left for you! :banana:

I will DEFINITELY be going to the dance party. The first time I read about it, I was like, I am there. :dance3:

I've decided that I'm not going to watch any videos of the fireworks or MSEP before we go. I want to be surprised on our first night. Resisting the vids has been REALLY hard, though.

LOL. It does sound like fun. Nothing like partying in Disney. haha

Good for you though not watching the videos, I know I would never be able to resist. :rolleyes: It'll make it all the more fun when you are actually there.

I'm so sad that I can't take a trip this summer to see the new fireworks and the MSEP! I'll just have to live vicariously through you :thumbsup2

I think sharing special memories from your past trips sounds like a great idea!

I'll be sure to take a lot of pictures of the MSEP!

I think I might go ahead and do that. Stay tuned! popcorn::

Ooo, that'll be a fun and different TR then with all those new events! Excited!

How about doing a memory or story using the alphabet? Then you can spread out the 26. Haha, I just have a thing for ABC things.

Ohhh, now there's an idea! A while ago I saw some people made ABC Disney scrapbooks and thought about doing that with some of my pics but never got around to it. That would be cool too though. I could do things I love in WDW for the ABCs!

My parents are going this Sunday for Father's Day to DHS. My Mom says, "so they did something to Tower???" :rotfl: She apparently missed the whole Summer Nightastic announcement...and they live in FL!

If they check out Tower on Sunday, want me to report back the changes, or do you want to be surprised??

LOL, that is funny.

If they say anything you can report back...I'll have to see if I notice anything when we go!

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter OFFICALLY opens tomorrow! :banana::banana::banana: My sister said she saw that they are opening the parking lots at 5:30 am because they're expecting such huge crowds. :scared1: I can't imagine what it's going to be like tomorrow...I know it will still be crowded when we go but hopefully not too nutty.

Oh, and I came across this picture on facebook of some of the HP cast at an event last night. COOL!

32237_399295512682_281234287682_4482197_3332550_n.jpg

Since we're talking WWOHP, I thought I'd share our plan for when we go there. I was talking to my sisters the other day and I think we've agreed that going that Wednesday would work best. Like I said before it'll give us a couple days at Disney first and then if the weather looks bad for Wednesday we could always try one of the other days.

Now the question is how we're going to get there. Since we are taking the Magical Express, we won't have a car with us. We could rent one for a day but I do not trust myself driving on those roads even though Universal is not that far from Disney property. I'd much rather not have to worry about that. We did some research and found out that Mears offers a shuttle service to all of the Orlando attractions. It's something like $18 roundtrip per person and all you have to do is call the day before to set it up. So I think this is probably the best option and it wouldn't cost that much more than if we rented a car for a day. Has anyone ever had any experience with the Mears shuttles before? What are they like?

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter OFFICALLY opens tomorrow! My sister said she saw that they are opening the parking lots at 5:30 am because they're expecting such huge crowds. I can't imagine what it's going to be like tomorrow...I know it will still be crowded when we go but hopefully not too nutty.

I bet it will insanly crowded. I remember (well sort of remember I was 4 at the time) I had the priviledge of going to MK the first year it opened. My Aunt lived in Florida and she took my family to MK as a surprise for 2 days. I remember the high way so backed up to get into the parking lot!! I think I still have the ticket books that they used back then!! :goodvibes

I'm sure the place will be packed on opening day and for weeks to come. Love that picture! They sure have grown up a lot since the first movie. Rupert Grint (Ron) sure grew up :lovestruc

ther is also a bus service i think from downtown disney... its only something like 1.75 each way or something... you should check that out... its the linx bus system

yayy WWoHP officially opens tomorrow! :woohoo: I can't imagine how crowded it will be, I'm sure they will be maxed out to capacity for a while.

I'm interested in what everyone has to say about the Mears bus service as well- it looks to be the best option so far.

I'm joining in and I'm only 4 pages behind. (I just read your spring break report)
The dates: August 8-14, 2010

I'll be there too since I'm moving back in 9 days. Hopefully, I'll be a CM once again. :thumbsup2

Sunday, August 8, 2010
-Flight out of Milwaukee on Southwest
-Arrival at MCO early afternoon...I just discovered something very tragic though about arriving on a Sunday. We won't be able to get lunch at our very favorite place, Chick-Fil-A! Booo. :sad2::rotfl:
-Magical Express to Saratoga Springs
-park???
Boo! Very disappointing, but maybe you can get some on your way home.

I'm curious to know how the cast sees The Wizarding World. I mean, I know they had to have built sets for the movies, but they probably weren't all complete if they did it the movie-magic way (ex. store front separate from the inside of the actual store). This was done to be complete!

I haven't had experience with Mears, but I did look into it for possibly dropping Weird and me off at DHS (before I knew my dad was willing to drop us off and pick us up). I think it's the best option so that you don't have to worry about driving. Especially at night if you're tired!

I bet it will insanly crowded. I remember (well sort of remember I was 4 at the time) I had the priviledge of going to MK the first year it opened. My Aunt lived in Florida and she took my family to MK as a surprise for 2 days. I remember the high way so backed up to get into the parking lot!! I think I still have the ticket books that they used back then!! :goodvibes

Oh my, did you see pictures or hear about the grand opening yesterday?! It was INSANE! I saw some people got there at 5:15 in the morning. That is nuts!

I'm sure the place will be packed on opening day and for weeks to come. Love that picture! They sure have grown up a lot since the first movie. Rupert Grint (Ron) sure grew up :lovestruc

It was definitely packed. I wonder how many people just went so they could say they were there for the grand opening. All I know is that if I lived down there I don't think I'd be going on opening day. :confused3

ther is also a bus service i think from downtown disney... its only something like 1.75 each way or something... you should check that out... its the linx bus system

Yeah, I did see something about the Lynx bus system but am not sure I want to do that. Some people didn't have very good things to say about it.

yayy WWoHP officially opens tomorrow! :woohoo: I can't imagine how crowded it will be, I'm sure they will be maxed out to capacity for a while.

I'm interested in what everyone has to say about the Mears bus service as well- it looks to be the best option so far.

I am sure they were maxed out. Craziness. But we still can't wait to go even if it is super crowded.

Yeah, for our purposes I think the Mears bus would be the best choice.

I'm joining in and I'm only 4 pages behind. (I just read your spring break report)

I'll be there too since I'm moving back in 9 days. Hopefully, I'll be a CM once again. :thumbsup2

Boo! Very disappointing, but maybe you can get some on your way home.

Welcome! How cool you'll be back in Florida so soon. Where did you work when you were a CM?

Hey! Subscribing so I can read this later!!

Hi Nicole!

I'm curious to know how the cast sees The Wizarding World. I mean, I know they had to have built sets for the movies, but they probably weren't all complete if they did it the movie-magic way (ex. store front separate from the inside of the actual store). This was done to be complete!

I haven't had experience with Mears, but I did look into it for possibly dropping Weird and me off at DHS (before I knew my dad was willing to drop us off and pick us up). I think it's the best option so that you don't have to worry about driving. Especially at night if you're tired!

A while ago I saw something (or heard somewhere, I don't even remember) that Emma Watson said it was like being on the set. Then my sister said yesterday that one of them rode the Dragon Challenge roller coaster and he said he was terrified. :rotfl:

Exactly! Plus the cost is pretty reasonable I think.

That dance party at DHS sounds like fun! I wish I could go this summer to see all the new Summer Nightastic stuff (I read a description of the differences on ToT and I almost cried because i'm going to miss it all! ToT is my FAVORITE!) but it just can't happen, so I have to settle for November! I almost wish they would extend this until the end of the year, but at the same time, I would probably miss Wishes if I couldn't see it! I'd love to see the MSEP again though, I remember that from my first trip when I was 7! :)

Oh my, did you see pictures or hear about the grand opening yesterday?! It was INSANE! I saw some people got there at 5:15 in the morning. That is nuts!

Someone on the Theme Park and Attractions board said the wait was 7 HOURS!!!! :scared1: That's ridiculous...where would all the people even line up???? :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter