Wait, didn't I just get back?! An August '10 PTR...TRIP REPORT LINK ADDED p. 27

Clicking in, so I can find this on the Pre-trip board.

I'm here! I'll be there (hopefully--haven't actually booked anything yet) just two weeks after you. Too bad we'll miss eachother.

I'm here! Lucky you---with trips so close together!

haha, hey, you just had two trips pretty close together too. ;)

I'm here! :yay:

Welcome!

Clicking in, so I can find this on the Pre-trip board.

Hi Marisa!

I'm here, Sarah!

Yay, hi Sara! :)

Hi Sarah,
can't wait to hear all about your plans....:surfweb:

Thanks for joining in...hope to start posting some plans soon. popcorn::

I'm here! I'll be there (hopefully--haven't actually booked anything yet) just two weeks after you. Too bad we'll miss eachother.

I hope you do get to go. But it is a bummer we'll miss each other...would've been fun to maybe have a DIS meet. :)

SARAH!!! You're back! Another PTR ! :rotfl: Hopefully these next 2 months will go QUICKLY!!

Hi Karen! I know, this is almost getting a little ridiculous with the number of PTRs/TRs I've written. Oh well, it's always fun to share the excitement with people who get Disney. :thumbsup2

THE CAST
Since I’ve done this so many times now I won’t say too much about myself. If my sisters want they can post a little bit about themselves too. :)

But here’s the cast:
Me: wdwgirl03, aka Sarah. 25 year old Disney fanatic…I don’t think I will ever get sick of visiting WDW. Some day I would love to go back to Disneyland as well as take a Disney Cruise! My favorite characters are Tinkerbell, Nemo, and Mickey Mouse.

And since we’re going to be visiting WWOHP, my favorite Harry Potter book is Goblet of Fire, followed closely by Deathly Hallows. I always enjoyed the Triwizard Tournament in GOF and Deathly Hallows was just a great ending to the series. I was one of the very few people who actually spent time LOOKING for spoilers to see how it ended! :rolleyes1 Let's just say I wanted there to be a happy ending. :)

Sister #1: Claire, 23 years old…sometimes posts on the DIS. Her user name is *DisneyDreamer.

Sister #2: Emma, 20 years old and hopefully future WDW Cast Member. She’s going to be applying for the College Program for next spring! Also posts on here sometimes...her name is psherman42 after P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney from Finding Nemo!

The Plans
OK, so obviously not much is planned as of right now. I’ll have to see what my sisters want to do but I was thinking we could maybe do IOA on Wednesday. That way we could do two Disney days, Harry Potter, and two more Disney days. We’ll see. So here’s a very rough plan:

Sunday, August 8, 2010
-Flight out of Milwaukee on Southwest
-Arrival at MCO early afternoon...I just discovered something very tragic though about arriving on a Sunday. We won't be able to get lunch at our very favorite place, Chick-Fil-A! Booo. :sad2::rotfl:
-Magical Express to Saratoga Springs
-park???

Monday, August 9, 2010
-park day! Magic Kingdom in the morning?

Tuesday, August 10, 2010
-park day!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010
-Universal: Islands of Adventure for WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER!

Thursday, August 12, 2010
-park day!

Friday, August 13, 2010
-park day!

Saturday, August 14, 2010
-come home :( Our flight is earlier than usual so it’s going to be an early morning!
-start planning next trip. Hehe

As for ADRs, I really don’t plan on trying to make any. I know there’s no harm in looking to see what’s available but if we do any sit-down type places I think we could do places like Beaches and Cream, ESPN Club, and T-Rex Café. Thoughts?

THE CAST
Since I’ve done this so many times now I won’t say too much about myself. If my sisters want they can post a little bit about themselves too. :)

But here’s the cast:
Me: wdwgirl03, aka Sarah. 25 year old Disney fanatic…I don’t think I will ever get sick of visiting WDW. Some day I would love to go back to Disneyland as well as take a Disney Cruise! My favorite characters are Tinkerbell, Nemo, and Mickey Mouse.

And since we’re going to be visiting WWOHP, my favorite Harry Potter book is Goblet of Fire, followed closely by Deathly Hallows. I always enjoyed the Triwizard Tournament in GOF and Deathly Hallows was just a great ending to the series. I was one of the very few people who actually spent time LOOKING for spoilers to see how it ended! :rolleyes1 Let's just say I wanted there to be a happy ending. :)

Sister #1: Claire, 23 years old…sometimes posts on the DIS. Her user name is *DisneyDreamer.

Sister #2: Emma, 20 years old and hopefully future WDW Cast Member. She’s going to be applying for the College Program for next spring! Also posts on here sometimes...her name is psherman42 after P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney from Finding Nemo!

The Plans
OK, so obviously not much is planned as of right now. I’ll have to see what my sisters want to do but I was thinking we could maybe do IOA on Wednesday. That way we could do two Disney days, Harry Potter, and two more Disney days. We’ll see. So here’s a very rough plan:

Sunday, August 8, 2010
-Flight out of Milwaukee on Southwest
-Arrival at MCO early afternoon...I just discovered something very tragic though about arriving on a Sunday. We won't be able to get lunch at our very favorite place, Chick-Fil-A! Booo. :sad2::rotfl:
-Magical Express to Saratoga Springs
-park???

Monday, August 9, 2010
-park day! Magic Kingdom in the morning?

Tuesday, August 10, 2010
-park day!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010
-Universal: Islands of Adventure for WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER!

Thursday, August 12, 2010
-park day!

Friday, August 13, 2010
-park day!

Saturday, August 14, 2010
-come home :( Our flight is earlier than usual so it’s going to be an early morning!
-start planning next trip. Hehe

As for ADRs, I really don’t plan on trying to make any. I know there’s no harm in looking to see what’s available but if we do any sit-down type places I think we could do places like Beaches and Cream, ESPN Club, and T-Rex Café. Thoughts?
I know they're not too specific, but your plans so far look good for me. It is tragic that we'll be missing Chick-fil-A. Second trip in a row I've gotten there on Sunday and haven't gotten to get it. :sad2: I also agree that Wednesday would be a good day to WWoHP. For the reason you said, and also because it's in the middle of the week. Obviously I'm expecting the place to be packed no matter what day it is, but maybe the middle of the week will be a little slower? :confused3 Yeah, I know, I doubt it. ;) As for sit-down restaurants, I'd love to go to any of those. Particularly T-Rex Cafe, since we've never been there and I loved Rainforest Cafe. Since we'll be at Saratoga Springs, we'll be close to there. :)

Sounds like you've got planning well underway. Bummer about Chick-Fil-A though.

nice plans! I'm kinda jealous that you will be there longer than I will but I might be going back in Oct and for sure in Dec so I guess I have no room to talk haha.

I enjoy the first 2 restaurants you listed--I have not been to T Rex! If you like Whispering Canyon, I know we have always been able to get in there without an ADR--espcially a late breakfast or late dinner. I think Kona is pretty easy to get into as well!

Blech, Blech on ESPN club-but then again, you guys are young and can handle the grease.

Sounds like fun, I think going to see the IOA and Harry Potter would be great. I hope to get there this year too.
Your trip will come up very quickly. Was today the last day of school for you? Does summer school start next week? What are you teaching?

I like the second thing on your list for Saturday...obviously we all do it!

haha it's kind of hard not to, right?!

Hi Sarah! I'm in for your PTR! :goodvibes

Yay! Hi Leanne. :)

I know they're not too specific, but your plans so far look good for me. It is tragic that we'll be missing Chick-fil-A. Second trip in a row I've gotten there on Sunday and haven't gotten to get it. :sad2: I also agree that Wednesday would be a good day to WWoHP. For the reason you said, and also because it's in the middle of the week. Obviously I'm expecting the place to be packed no matter what day it is, but maybe the middle of the week will be a little slower? :confused3 Yeah, I know, I doubt it. ;) As for sit-down restaurants, I'd love to go to any of those. Particularly T-Rex Cafe, since we've never been there and I loved Rainforest Cafe. Since we'll be at Saratoga Springs, we'll be close to there. :)

That is what I was kind of thinking too about WWOHP. I think Emma would like T-Rex since it's got such a wide range of things to choose there.

If you have any ideas for what you want to do too post them!

Sounds like you've got planning well underway. Bummer about Chick-Fil-A though.

haha, we'll survive without our chicken. :laughing:

nice plans! I'm kinda jealous that you will be there longer than I will but I might be going back in Oct and for sure in Dec so I guess I have no room to talk haha.

I enjoy the first 2 restaurants you listed--I have not been to T Rex! If you like Whispering Canyon, I know we have always been able to get in there without an ADR--espcially a late breakfast or late dinner. I think Kona is pretty easy to get into as well!

LOL! Well I'm jealous you will be going in December so I guess it all evens out. :)

We keep saying we want to go to T-Rex but never get around to it. Hopefully we will this trip.

Blech, Blech on ESPN club-but then again, you guys are young and can handle the grease.

:rotfl: We like the ESPN Club. :rotfl:

Sounds like fun, I think going to see the IOA and Harry Potter would be great. I hope to get there this year too.
Your trip will come up very quickly. Was today the last day of school for you? Does summer school start next week? What are you teaching?

Ahh we can't wait to see Harry Potter. :banana::banana: I suppose I should start doing some research though and figure out a plan of attack for when we go there.

Yesterday was the last day of school. Now I have a week off and then summer school starts the 21st. I'm teaching second grade reading which I'm pretty happy about since I like the younger kids. :)

There was a big write up today in our paper on the WWoHP. Pictures, descriptions of the rides and the atmosphere of the shops... Butterbeer and pumpkin juice, Olivanders and Hogwarts.... ugh I'm so jealous!!

I need a foot stomping pouty smilie.

There was a big write up today in our paper on the WWoHP. Pictures, descriptions of the rides and the atmosphere of the shops... Butterbeer and pumpkin juice, Olivanders and Hogwarts.... ugh I'm so jealous!!

I need a foot stomping pouty smilie.

Ooooh, awesome! Is that article by chance online? I would love to see it! :)

I can't wait to get the butterbeer. We went to the midnight release parties for the last two books and they were serving butterbeer. Mmm it was so good. I always wanted to try real butterbeer after reading the books. hehe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter