Wait, didn't I just get back?! An August '10 PTR...TRIP REPORT LINK ADDED p. 27

That dance party at DHS sounds like fun! I wish I could go this summer to see all the new Summer Nightastic stuff (I read a description of the differences on ToT and I almost cried because i'm going to miss it all! ToT is my FAVORITE!) but it just can't happen, so I have to settle for November! I almost wish they would extend this until the end of the year, but at the same time, I would probably miss Wishes if I couldn't see it! I'd love to see the MSEP again though, I remember that from my first trip when I was 7! :)

Someone on the Theme Park and Attractions board said the wait was 7 HOURS!!!! :scared1: That's ridiculous...where would all the people even line up???? :rotfl:

Tower of Terror is one of my favorites too. Bummer you won't get to see the enhancements. Maybe they'll end up extending it. It seems weird to change a ride for just a couple months. I have never seen the MSEP so I am looking forward to that!

OMG, I know, my sister read that somewhere too. But yesterday it was only a one hour wait to get into IOA. :rotfl: I have a feeling there were just a lot of people who wanted to go to say they were there for the grand opening. Who knows though.

I worked at Pop as a Front Desk CM

Oh, cool! I always thought it would be kind of neat working at one of the resorts.

OMG, I know, my sister read that somewhere too. But yesterday it was only a one hour wait to get into IOA. :rotfl: I have a feeling there were just a lot of people who wanted to go to say they were there for the grand opening. Who knows though.

Really, it's already down to an hour wait? :rotfl2: That's good! I want to go to Universal in November, so I'm hoping the craziness dies down! I don't really even care about seeing the HP part of it right now, because I know the lines will be long, I just want the rest of Universal to be do-able! :rotfl:

Really, it's already down to an hour wait? :rotfl2: That's good! I want to go to Universal in November, so I'm hoping the craziness dies down! I don't really even care about seeing the HP part of it right now, because I know the lines will be long, I just want the rest of Universal to be do-able! :rotfl:

haha, yes, that is what I heard. Still crazy. I can't imagine waiting that long just to get into the park! Unreal.

Well I have been seriously slacking in the TR/PTR department lately. Summer school just started this week so I’ve been super busy planning for that but it’s time for a break.

I think we are now under 50 days! Sad that I don’t know exactly. We haven’t done a whole lot of extra planning but I really would like to start researching Islands of Adventure/WWOHP. I know we are going to plan on spending the majority of the day there and are prepared to do a lot of waiting. Obviously the main attraction for us is going to be the Harry Potter stuff but there are a few other things I’d like to do there. We’ve only been to Universal/Islands of Adventure once a couple years ago. From what I remember about Universal and what I know about WWOHP, here are some of the things I want to do when we go:

Islands of Adventure in general:
The Hulk
n20305212_30160707_6183.jpg

On our last trip my dad and sisters did that but I was too chicken. I am determined to ride it this time. I figure if I can survive the Kraken at Sea World and Superman/Batman at Six Flags the Hulk can’t be any worse.

Jurassic Park…think Dinosaur meets Splash Mountain. LOL.

Seussland
(on our trip in '06 it was right after Christmas so it was all decked out for the holidays!)
n20305212_30160708_6479.jpg

I just thought that area was pretty cute and I’m pretty sure there’s a Cat in the Hat ride too. Maybe we can get lunch at the place that serves Green Eggs and Ham. No, just kidding. But they really do have green eggs and ham!

The Spiderman ride was also kind of cool but after a while I kind of got tired of the 3D effects and had to take my glasses off. We’ll see.

Wizarding World of Harry Potter:
I am DEFINITELY going on the Dragon Challenge (formerly Dueling Dragons). I guess they rethemed it to go with Harry Potter. Like the Hulk, I was too chicken to try it, mostly because the two tracks kind of “race” each other and come within inches of each other. But I’ll give it a shot. I know my sisters are going to do it.

Forbidden Journey…OK, for this one I am torn. I hear it’s like THE major attraction and I’ve seen reviews saying it’s like a combination of Soarin and The Sum of All Thrills. If that is the case…I am so afraid I’m going to end up getting sick on it. I have this horrible fear of motion simulators. But at the same time I do not want to miss it. Part of the attraction is supposed to be walking through the queue since it goes through Hogwarts, etc. Anyone hear other reviews of it? Do you think I should be brave and do it?

The shops…it’s going to be cool seeing some of the places from the book come to life. And I have to admit I want to buy some Harry Potter stuff…;)

Butterbeer!...If this is anything like the butterbeer we got at the book parties then I can’t wait to try it. I just remember reading the books and thinking, mmmm, the name even sounds good!

We’ll really have to play it by ear though as to what we all do. If we don’t get to some of the other IOA attractions I won’t be completely heartbroken. It would still be nice to see some of the rest of the park.

Real green eggs and ham? :crazy2: You'll have to let me know how that is...

Dragon Challenge sounds like a really really cool ride but I know once I saw it, I'd chicken out. Then you miss out on something great! Try to get on that Hulk ride. I'm sure you'll love it, especially if you can handle those other rides. I've always wanted to ride Jurassic Park! Take lots of pictures for me!

Butterbeer sounds amazing. Try the Wand choosing thingy. Apparently it's really cool. :wizard:

Please...using school as an excuse. What's more important, studying or the DIS? I think we both know it's the DIS.

Also: I'm no help. I'm hoping that when you get back, you can help me for our February Universal trip :)

I have been slacking too. I still haven't finished my March trip. My goal is to finish that this weekend and work on my other one too!

I wish I was going to Universal. I miss City Walk sooo much!! Drink lots of Butterbeer for us!

That Hulk coaster looks crazy! I did Kraken in Sea World last year, that was fine, but Manta was AWFUL!!! I'm not afraid of roller coasters, I usually love them, the scarier the better, but Manta was the scariest ride I've ever been on in my life. So if Hulk is like that, I'm skipping it! :rotfl:

Suessland looks so cute! :) Especially all decorated for Christmas! I haven't been to Universal for a long time, before IOA was even there, so I can't wait to see how it changed!

Hope the Harry Potter craziness dies down a little before you go since you want to see all of that stuff so bad! I would like to see it too, but if it's still insane in November, I can skip it!

Ew, I saw the green eggs and ham on one of Samantha Brown's shows, I don't remember which one but it looked kind of gross! :rotfl:

Real green eggs and ham? :crazy2: You'll have to let me know how that is...

Dragon Challenge sounds like a really really cool ride but I know once I saw it, I'd chicken out. Then you miss out on something great! Try to get on that Hulk ride. I'm sure you'll love it, especially if you can handle those other rides. I've always wanted to ride Jurassic Park! Take lots of pictures for me!

Butterbeer sounds amazing. Try the Wand choosing thingy. Apparently it's really cool. :wizard:

LOL, I don't think I'll actually be trying the green eggs and ham. I saw the picture of it on the menu and it just looked...unappetizing. :laughing:

I will definitely do the Hulk and the Dragon ride. The Jurassic Park ride was kind of scary but no worse than Dinosaur.

Butterbeer is soo good! Atleast the kind that I had. Everyone keeps saying it's amazing. And apparently there is a frozen version too. Mmmm.

Please...using school as an excuse. What's more important, studying or the DIS? I think we both know it's the DIS.

Also: I'm no help. I'm hoping that when you get back, you can help me for our February Universal trip :)

haha, I agree. Luckily it's Friday so I can finally get caught up on everyone's reports.

Sure, sounds like a plan. :)

You have to take a pic of this green eggs and ham!

OK!

I have been slacking too. I still haven't finished my March trip. My goal is to finish that this weekend and work on my other one too!

I wish I was going to Universal. I miss City Walk sooo much!! Drink lots of Butterbeer for us!

Atleast I've finished 3 days of my April TR so that is some progress. Hopefully it'll be done by the time we go in August.

When we went we didn't really do too much at City Walk other than get some dinner. I will definitely drink lots of Butterbeer! hehe

That Hulk coaster looks crazy! I did Kraken in Sea World last year, that was fine, but Manta was AWFUL!!! I'm not afraid of roller coasters, I usually love them, the scarier the better, but Manta was the scariest ride I've ever been on in my life. So if Hulk is like that, I'm skipping it! :rotfl:

Suessland looks so cute! :) Especially all decorated for Christmas! I haven't been to Universal for a long time, before IOA was even there, so I can't wait to see how it changed!

Hope the Harry Potter craziness dies down a little before you go since you want to see all of that stuff so bad! I would like to see it too, but if it's still insane in November, I can skip it!

Ew, I saw the green eggs and ham on one of Samantha Brown's shows, I don't remember which one but it looked kind of gross! :rotfl:

Yeah, that is why I chickened out on our other trip. And then there was that tunnel too...:scared1: But my sisters and Dad enjoyed it so it can't be too bad. Ooh, what is Manta? I know there is also that one at Busch Gardens (I think) that you go pretty much straight down, face-first. That I don't think I could handle. YIKES!

The theming was pretty cool in the Suessland area. The buildings were so cute, exactly what you'd see in the books.

I'm hoping it dies down a little too. We know it will be busy but hopefully still doable especially since we plan on getting there EARLY.

Yeah, it does look kind of gross. I don't think I want to try it.

Yeah, that is why I chickened out on our other trip. And then there was that tunnel too...:scared1: But my sisters and Dad enjoyed it so it can't be too bad. .

Actually, I felt more uncomfortable on the Hulk ride than I have on any roller coaster we've done the last few years. I was never a big roller coaster person because I disliked steep drops and being upside down. But, as I've tried more coasters (largely because Sarah's youngest sister will try ANYTHING), I have becaome totally comfortable with things that used to freak me out. I loved Dueling Dragons and Kraken, but Hulk bothered me a little. I ended up closing my eyes for part of it, something I haven't done on a coaster for a long time. Maybe I just got off to a bad start because we had to wait a little before boarding because of a mechanical problem.

That having been said, I will try it again if/when we go to IOA again, which I expect to do next year. If I don't like it a second time that will be it for me.

Your plans are looking great Sarah!! I can't believe your trip is in less than 50 days!! It's coming fast!!! (I am soooooooo jealous...) Great plans for IOA! I have never been there so I can't be of any planning help! It all looks like fun though and I know the kiddos will want to go there when they get older! I LOVE Chik-fil-A too! The waffle fries are awesome and I give :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 for a meal at Beaches n' Cream! We thought about T-rex but didn't end up booking it but the menu looked great and I have heard from a lot of people that they liked it there!!

800px-SeaWorld_Manta_1.jpg

THAT is Manta. Don't ride it if you go back to Sea World! :rotfl: Yes you are face down and yes you basically go straight down, it's horrifying, the scariest thing I've ever done! I didn't know it was that kind of roller coaster, because when we got to Sea World last year, Manta was having technical difficulties. So it was closed and they were testing it, and when they were testing it, they had the seats down, so it looked like a normal roller coaster where your legs just hang down. Then when it opened again and we got in line, I saw how once you got in they put you in that laying down position. You really feel like you are going to fly out at any second. It's not for me. :laughing: My DH loved it though, he went on a second time without me!

Actually, I felt more uncomfortable on the Hulk ride than I have on any roller coaster we've done the last few years. I was never a big roller coaster person because I disliked steep drops and being upside down. But, as I've tried more coasters (largely because Sarah's youngest sister will try ANYTHING), I have becaome totally comfortable with things that used to freak me out. I loved Dueling Dragons and Kraken, but Hulk bothered me a little. I ended up closing my eyes for part of it, something I haven't done on a coaster for a long time. Maybe I just got off to a bad start because we had to wait a little before boarding because of a mechanical problem.

That having been said, I will try it again if/when we go to IOA again, which I expect to do next year. If I don't like it a second time that will be it for me.

Really? I don't remember you saying that. I think I will still have to try it after doing some of the ones at Six Flags.

Your plans are looking great Sarah!! I can't believe your trip is in less than 50 days!! It's coming fast!!! (I am soooooooo jealous...) Great plans for IOA! I have never been there so I can't be of any planning help! It all looks like fun though and I know the kiddos will want to go there when they get older! I LOVE Chik-fil-A too! The waffle fries are awesome and I give :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 for a meal at Beaches n' Cream! We thought about T-rex but didn't end up booking it but the menu looked great and I have heard from a lot of people that they liked it there!!

I can't believe it's coming up so fast either. Like the title says, didn't I just get back?! Yet at the same time it feels like it's been a long time since we were there. :rolleyes:

We really enjoyed visiting US/IOA back in '06. We definitely preferred IOA though so it'll be fun going back.

Beaches and Cream is going to be a must, I don't care what my sisters say. But I don't think they'll object. We ate at the Rainforest Cafe and loved it there. We liked how they had a good variety on their menu.

800px-SeaWorld_Manta_1.jpg

THAT is Manta. Don't ride it if you go back to Sea World! :rotfl: Yes you are face down and yes you basically go straight down, it's horrifying, the scariest thing I've ever done! I didn't know it was that kind of roller coaster, because when we got to Sea World last year, Manta was having technical difficulties. So it was closed and they were testing it, and when they were testing it, they had the seats down, so it looked like a normal roller coaster where your legs just hang down. Then when it opened again and we got in line, I saw how once you got in they put you in that laying down position. You really feel like you are going to fly out at any second. It's not for me. :laughing: My DH loved it though, he went on a second time without me!

haha, that actually looks kind of like the Superman ride I was talking about at Six Flags. I was sooo scared to go on it but surprisingly enjoyed it!

I think this is the one at Busch Gardens that I mentioned. This one I could never handle. :scared1::scared1::sick:

http://themeparks.about.com/od/coasterridereviews/fr/SheikraBGT.htm

Sarah,
those pictures of Seussland are so cute, I still have never been to Universal or IOA, and I even had a free one day ticket in 2009. I am sure I would have gone if WWOHP had been open.:lmao: Hope summer school is going well.

Ooo, you're so daring to go on The Hulk! I went on this coaster that didn't have big drops or loops but did one of those 0 to whatever mph things. I HATED it, and I ended up feeling sick from the launch. Since I know The Hulk does that, I'll never be able to ride it. Haha, not that I like coasters anyway. My cousins went on it though and LOVED it. I'm sure I would've loved it when I was younger and wasn't so susceptible to headaches and dizziness!

My favorite thing about YouTube is that I can ride many of the coasters! If there's nothing available for Forbidden Journey, I would say check the warnings for it. You can usually tell how harsh a ride is depending on who can and can't ride it. Oh, and the seating too, like whether there are those bars that go over your shoulders to keep you in place. Not that those are always entirely accurate to determine the craziness of a ride, but they're indicators for me! Can you take a motion sickness pill before you go to the park?

I agree with Rachel, especially about YouTube! ;) Sarah, you're so brave! I want to go on the Hulk but it looks so scary with all those huge loops. The only upside down coaster I've been on is RnR (figures it's a Disney ride! :laughing:)

Sarah,
those pictures of Seussland are so cute, I still have never been to Universal or IOA, and I even had a free one day ticket in 2009. I am sure I would have gone if WWOHP had been open.:lmao: Hope summer school is going well.

Suessland is pretty cute. I just love all the details. It looks like you stepped right into one of the books. I should also mention that since we were there right after Christmas we met the Grinch! He was so perfect for that job...he was so in character. :rotfl:

Summer school's going alright, I'm still kind of annoyed they changed my classes so late but I guess that's to be expected with summer school.

Ooo, you're so daring to go on The Hulk! I went on this coaster that didn't have big drops or loops but did one of those 0 to whatever mph things. I HATED it, and I ended up feeling sick from the launch. Since I know The Hulk does that, I'll never be able to ride it. Haha, not that I like coasters anyway. My cousins went on it though and LOVED it. I'm sure I would've loved it when I was younger and wasn't so susceptible to headaches and dizziness!

My favorite thing about YouTube is that I can ride many of the coasters! If there's nothing available for Forbidden Journey, I would say check the warnings for it. You can usually tell how harsh a ride is depending on who can and can't ride it. Oh, and the seating too, like whether there are those bars that go over your shoulders to keep you in place. Not that those are always entirely accurate to determine the craziness of a ride, but they're indicators for me! Can you take a motion sickness pill before you go to the park?

LOL! I have gotten better about doing the thrill rides...notice my one tag. ;) I was such a wimp after going on RNRC for the first time. That terrified me! I have actually grown to enjoy the launch on that ride. Hopefully the Hulk won't be too bad.

Ohh, that is a good suggestion about doing youtube videos. And the motion sickness pill. I'll have to remember that one since I really want to try FJ!

I agree with Rachel, especially about YouTube! ;) Sarah, you're so brave! I want to go on the Hulk but it looks so scary with all those huge loops. The only upside down coaster I've been on is RnR (figures it's a Disney ride! :laughing:)

Like I said, if I survived Kraken and Superman at Six Flags I should atleast have the guts to try the Hulk and Dragon Challenge.

I can't believe I forgot to subscribe!
Now, to go back and catch up :thumbsup2

Yay, glad you're joining in!

Well, what are we at now? 38 days? Getting soo close! I was thinking last night we should probably be getting Magical Express stuff pretty soon. :dance3:

The other day we were briefly talking about what we could do on our first night there. I forgot that our flight is a little later than when we usually leave so we won't be getting to the resort until late afternoon. Normally we might try to go to a park but it might not be worth it for my sisters to use a whole day on their tickets (they still have some leftover days on their park hoppers).

Really the whole conversation got started because I mentioned how I was reading not_Joanna_eggs' (shoutout to her! :wave2:) trip report and saw how she and her sister went to Beaches and Cream. They got the No Way Jose sundae which I decided I simply must try. So Dad said that we could do something like that on the first night...just go over to the Boardwalk and that whole area. Maybe we could do mini golf since I could get a discount with my AP (or was it DVC...???).

Another possibility is to go over to Downtown Disney since we'll be at Saratoga Springs. We could get dinner at Earl of Sandwich or T-Rex Cafe and then just walk around there. Taking a quick boat ride to Port Orleans or Old Key West could be fun too.

OR...we could just stay at the resort and go swimming since it'll be so hot. :laughing:

So what do you guys think? What would you do?

I also thought I would get going on my countdown idea of sharing a memory from each of our several trips over the years. So here we go, here's my "Growing up Disney"!

Trip #1: 1991
I have to confess, this is going to be pretty vague since I was only 5 at the time and don't remember a whole lot. But this was one of the few times we went with other family members. My aunt, uncle, cousin, and grandma were all there with us. We stayed in a villa at the old Disney villas (where SSR is now). The thing I remember most from this trip is meeting all of the characters and getting autographs. I still have my autograph book...I actually pulled it out the other day and was looking at it which was kind of fun. I don't know if it was from this trip but there was one time when I got Minnie's autograph and then when we were in France at Epcot I saw a French Minnie Mouse and insisted on getting her autograph because she was different. LOL! She wrote "It's nice to see you again!" :goodvibes That was pretty cool.

Oh yes, and then there was the show in Mickey's Starland that I loved and really wanted to be the girl in it.:rotfl: And we can't forget about the Mousekemaze! :thumbsup2

A couple of pictures from that trip...
n20305212_31604474_7291.jpg

n1605780003_30066721_4226.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter