What most excites you for your next WDW trip? (Virus free thread)

What most excites you for your next WDW trip? (Virus free thread)

• New Ride(s)

Votes: 90 54.5%
  • Guest(s) you're going with

Votes: 62 37.6%
  • Resort/Room

Votes: 56 33.9%
  • Celebration or Milestone

Votes: 28 17.0%
  • Special Tickets, Events, DDP, etc

Votes: 34 20.6%
  • Other

Votes: 22 13.3%

• Total voters
Staying at Pop Century and having the Skyliner to get to Epcot/DHS! I am so excited for it. I also voted for DDP because we usually pay out of pocket for our food with gift cards but this trip we are doing the QSDP and I am really looking forward to not having to spend my Disney gift card on food! LOL and of course the new rides are a huge excitement!

I'm excited to stay on the monorail loop. I never considered staying on the loop before, but we rented points for DVC at BLT (ha!) which was the only DVC that still had availability when I booked. I'm making it a monorail trip (eating at the restaurants on the loop, walking to MK, swimming) and I am hoping Celery (my almost 5-yr-old) and I have a great time.

If you've got kiddos, what is your favorite restaurant for the kids on the loop? I think I want to try Ohana for dinner our first night. It seems like that would make us really 'feel' like we were at Disney. I'm thinking of getting a sitter and eating at Grand Floridian Cafe without her. Or should I do California Grill?
Grand Floridian Cafe does not need a sitter, if you're really wanting to go out for some "me time" at a really nice place I'd do California Grill (of course your kiddo can go to either of them, but if I had to choose I'd do Cali Grill). I think Ohana is fun on the loop, they also have a character breakfast if you think that's more your kids speed, my kids don't like doing character meals (except for Garden Grill), so we just do regular dinner.

I am torn between the new rides and a different resort, so picked the resort. We have always stayed at a MK resort and for the first time decided to try Boardwalk Inn this May. We are excited to be able to walk to HS (one of my hubbys all time favorites is TOT) and Epcot (he doesnt really care one way or the other for the rides there but loves to walk around the world showcase) As for the rides I am hoping to be able to ride ROTR and since we have 4 park days there(and hoppers) i will have 4 chances to get a boarding group. Unlike most who love the Resistance, i have always loved the Stormtroopers.........even if they cant shoot straight.

Trip is May 28th to June 4th. We are in SSR this time, for part of trip, and requested Congress Park area in hopes to get a newly renovated room. And the other part of the trip we wait listed, and got, AKV club level which we haven't done before. We have stayed at CCV and bought the Reunion Station club add on for just a 1 night stay. We really enjoyed that and have been itching to get AKV club level ever since. AKV club level is the real deal as it's on the hallway your room is on and it is pretty much all day food and drinks where Reunion Station was in building outside that you had to walk over to and it was limited hours (plus we had to pay $100/day for DH and I).

Also we have Cali Grill brunch (been to before but it is the BOMB), Topolino's (never been) and Narcoossee's (also never been) booked. Very excited for those meals.

Lastly, we get to see Survivor at Garden Rocks. Been wanting to see them at Epcot since we started doing the festivals back in 2013. But being DVC, and owning at BWV, we were booking at 11 months out and then it's the luck of the draw on which concerts you get. But this time we saw the concert schedule and then booked. We hadn't planned on even going to WDW this year. Had HHI booked for Mother's Day week instead. But then saw Survivor as last concert and checked availability and BAM. We even could have booked BWV but specifically chose SSR to try the renovated rooms and spend more time at DS.

I'm not going until May 2021, but I still voted because I am excited. :)

Same here!

For us this will all be new when we go in April/May 2021:
Flower/Garden​
Toy Story Land​
Galaxy's Edge​
Railway Ride​
Rat Ride​
Frozen Ride​
Flights of Passage (for me)​
New Restaurants​
Gran Destino Tower (first stay)​
Front Entrance of Epcot redesign​
Castle will be new for 50th Anniversary​
New movies at Epcot​
AK after hours (if still worth it)​
My brother (and only my brother, no other siblings!) may join us​
Our 25th Anniversary of being together (not married, but met when we were 22)​
and I'm sure I'm missing things.​
Very excited!!! :)

Last edited:
We were avid followed of Clone Wars, so I have a bit of a soft spot for stormtroopers too.
Love the Clone Wars also! I am sad there is no more March of the First Order. We used to always line up for it front and center and my hubby would record them standing in front of me starring me down and/or hassling me. Some of my favorite videos on our phones.

Go in three days and it is my first solo trip. Much needed vacation and a little nervous as never done solo and not sure how I will do, but looking forward to going at my own pace, eat what I want and just relax in my happy place.

Solo trips are so much fun! Don’t get me wrong, I love going with my other half, but solo trips are amazing. Going at your own pace, doing whatever you want whenever you want...there’s nothing like it. I’m going on my third for the July 4th weekend not even 2 months after our big May trip!

Trip planned for mid-Nov 2020. This will be our first trip seeing and experiencing Xmas in the parks and the resorts and we are staying at WL. My parents are coming this time and I'm excited for them to see all of the new things since their last visit in 2016. (Pandora, TSL, SW:GE, Epcot changes, etc)

I voted new rides (going to be spending a lot of time in Hollywood Studios!) and other - looking forward to trying new restaurants on the dining plan (Artists Point, Boma, 1900 Park Fair to name a few).

Let's take a break from the current news focus and think about the good things in life :)

Thanks OP! It is fun to have an uplifting thread to read and to share our excitement with others!
We did a big family trip in September, so I'm most excited that the next one is with just one sister. We travel the same, so I know we'll actually be able to stick to our plans and we won't be waiting on other people all the time.
My last trip was just my daughter and I and it was nice. We experienced the parks at a relaxed pace and had time to check out little things that we both enjoyed. We spent two full days at AK and this was BEFORE Pandora because my daughter wanted to. Enjoy your trip!

I'm so excited for Ratatouille! I love Remy and anything rats, I love trackless dark rides! It'll be a while before we can get back to the World (Hoping for fall 2021) but I'm just so excited by it!
This is us! Ratatouille is my daughter's favorite movie! When she was little, we had to watch it over and over. And I bought her the cute play sets and she spent hours playing with them. I am looking forward to experiencing this ride with her!

I'm going with one of my best friends. She's only gone once, in high school, with her grandparents, and she says they hardly did anything. So this is kind of like trip 1.5 for her. I'm a MEGA PLANNER and she's happy to just follow along with my plans. I'm excited to share the magic with her. I know that's so freaking cheesy, but anyone here will understand!
I love the Dis! Like you said, people here understand our enthusiasm for planning a trip and being able to enjoy sharing our love of Disney with others. Have a blast!

I am super excited for my trip that starts in 10 days (3/14--3/21)! 7 nights at the Contemporary, 8 day park hoppers, Dining Plan, and a rental car (not a fan of Disney buses). Going with my husband, 20 YO son (on his college Spring break), and my 17 YO daughter (senior in HS). Like my son said - we're "ballin' out" on this trip. Last trip was in Oct 2018 for a quick 4 nights, so really looking forward to a longer trip with some down time. Plus it may be one of our last family trips since the kids getting older. And all the new rides!!!
I will be going this summer with my own two kids that are very similar in age to yours. My son is 23, he graduated from college last summer, and my daughter who is a Junior in high school. I love taking trips with them and just kicking back and having fun! Unfortunately, my hubby will not be able to join us. He has to stay back and work and stay home with his mother who lives with us. She is ninety so she cannot do a big trip. Even small day trips and outings wear her out. But he is all for the kids and I to have a get away and kick up our heels and have some fun.

Also, can I just say, I am so excited that again we have free QSDP and I LOVE IT. 10 days without cooking is DA BOMB. And we really like the freedom of the QSDP, with very few ADRs to tie us down. Plus I LOVE just scanning my Magic Band and going on my way with free food. Bliss. LOL.

Yes! This is exciting for me too. I had planned to do mostly all quick service meals since I am going with my kids, 23 and 17 years of age and we plan to spend most of our time riding rides. And then the free dining deal came out and it fit our schedule so now, it will be paid for as part of our package and we will end up saving money than if we had paid for meals out of pocket!

Taking my mom to Contemporary in 10 days. Frequent Disney traveller but first time actually getting to stay there,and with theme park view :)
This is her “congratulations” trip for getting through chemotherapy, so she definitely needs it.
It sounds like an ideal way to celebrate life and giving you a chance to relax and spend time together.

One new-to-us thing to be excited about is other than a handful of ADRs, we are totally not pre-planning dining. We'll check the app if want a TS meal, do QS if needed, hit up a few lounges, try some less popular places. I'm actually looking forward to doing that!
I, too, am looking forward to the freedom/flexibility just doing mostly quick service meals/snacks will be for us.

May is our first trip back in 20 years (during the 80s and 90's I went every other year). It's our 30th wedding anniversary (we honeymooned at WDW). I am excited about everything (except the stress of getting a BG for ROTR). We are staying at POFQ, doing a dessert party, Flower and Garden and AH at the Magic Kingdom which are all firsts for us. Then there are all the changes to Fantasyland and ToyStory Land, StarWars land ...:Pinkbounc:Pinkbounc:Pinkbounc

I thought I had not been back in a long time, six years! It is definitely time for you to return to the magic!
You will love PORFQ! I stayed there in 2014 and loved it! It was so relaxing after the day at the park. If you have time, try taking the boar to Disney Springs.
Staying at Pop Century and having the Skyliner to get to Epcot/DHS! I am so excited for it. I also voted for DDP because we usually pay out of pocket for our food with gift cards but this trip we are doing the QSDP and I am really looking forward to not having to spend my Disney gift card on food! LOL and of course the new rides are a huge excitement!

This sounds like me. We will be staying at Pop Century for the first time. I think it will be fun to have the option of the Skyliner.

Since it has been six years since I was last at WDW in 2014, a lot of new things are there for us to explore and enjoy. I am looking forward to

Firsts that I am hoping to experience are:
Staying at Pop Century for first time and first time riding on the Skyliner
Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railroad
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Ratatouille's ride
The new version of Soarin
All of Pandora! Hopefully, we can get a fastpass for Flights of Passage
All of Toy Story Land!
All of Galaxy's Edge, Rise of the Resistance (and not get crushed in the large crowds trying to get a boarding group!

And that does not count all the new places to try out for delicious food and snacks I have seen posted here on the Dis!

Trip is May 28th to June 4th. We are in SSR this time, for part of trip, and requested Congress Park area in hopes to get a newly renovated room. And the other part of the trip we wait listed, and got, AKV club level which we haven't done before. We have stayed at CCV and bought the Reunion Station club add on for just a 1 night stay. We really enjoyed that and have been itching to get AKV club level ever since. AKV club level is the real deal as it's on the hallway your room is on and it is pretty much all day food and drinks where Reunion Station was in building outside that you had to walk over to and it was limited hours (plus we had to pay $100/day for DH and I).

Also we have Cali Grill brunch (been to before but it is the BOMB), Topolino's (never been) and Narcoossee's (also never been) booked. Very excited for those meals.

Lastly, we get to see Survivor at Garden Rocks. Been wanting to see them at Epcot since we started doing the festivals back in 2013. But being DVC, and owning at BWV, we were booking at 11 months out and then it's the luck of the draw on which concerts you get. But this time we saw the concert schedule and then booked. We hadn't planned on even going to WDW this year. Had HHI booked for Mother's Day week instead. But then saw Survivor as last concert and checked availability and BAM. We even could have booked BWV but specifically chose SSR to try the renovated rooms and spend more time at DS.
Going to add to my post above (that I quoted)...
Also excited that we already did the 2 new Star Wars rides and we won't have to get up at the crack of dawn this trip to go ride these rides...did that the past 2 trips and was not a fan. Not even going to try for a FP for the one ride. Will try to get the new Runaway Railroad thing instead.

Great thread everyone!
I voted all of the above-here are my answers:

• New Ride(s)- MMRR, RotR, Skyliner!
  • Guest(s) you're going with-just me and DH :cloud9:!!
  • Resort/Room-1st trip back to CSR since the tower went up, even though we aren't staying in the tower, I'm excited to see it!
  • Celebration or Milestone-30th Anniversary :woohoo:!!! Also this marks 20 straight years of WDW trips-wow!
  • Special Tickets, Events, DDP, etc- Going to see the new Cirque show and we have DxDP!
  • Other- We are trying so many new restaurants-and I was able to snag a Mother's Day CG Grill Brunch ADR, thanks to the generosity of another Dis'er!!
There is so much to be excited about!!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter