Wish Maiden Voyage | July 14-19, 2022

Good morning :boat:
I was able to get DVC CL at Jambo House for the night before we sail! Just 11 months away from that!

So tempted to do the same, but we live in Oregon and won't be landing until 5pm-ish anyway the night before. It'd probably be more prudent to stay near the airport or the port instead. We've never stayed near the port... has anyone done both and prefer one over the other?

We've never stayed near the port... has anyone done both and prefer one over the other?
Before moving to FL, we had done both. We preferred staying near the port unless it would significantly impact our parks time. Several trips we flew in, got a rental car, did WDW for a few days and then drove over to Port Canaveral the night before. Sometimes we kept the car for the whole trip. Other times we turned it in before the cruise and got another one afterwards. It just depended on the $$$

We liked the Residence Inn at Port Canaveral. Great breakfast. They have a rate that includes parking there and shuttle service to the ship.

We'll just have the one night for this trip - we already had a couple of long vacations planned for 2022 so I barely have enough vacation time left for this one. We have to fly back the day we disembark also which we've never had to do before. I'm not worried about parking as we likely won't have a car unless it is much cheaper one way to do that, but breakfast will for sure matter!

My DW and I have mostly arrived at MCO a day early and rent a car and drive to the port. That way we never had to worry about same day traffic. We would drop the rental off the morning of the cruise and take the rental car company shuttle to the port. Never had any problems. We have done same day drive to the port but left early that day to be sure we did not have traffic to worry about. Note that either way, we had first boarding. When we arrive a day early and go to the port we have stayed at the Country Inns and Suites which has a nice warm continental breakfast which is not an extra charge. 12 times out of 14 cruises with DCL out of Canaveral. They also have shuttle service to the port but we never used it. We did stay at the Residence Inn once. Breakfast was extra. They also have shuttle to the port but we never used it as explained above.
As for disembarkation and going directly to MCO, we have done many times using the Disney Cruise Line bus transportation. They are very prompt in getting you and luggage to MCO. Very covenant transportation since it does not entail much effort on your part. You can call and arrange for such before the cruise, once you have air arranged because they ask for your flight info. Or you can arrange for such when you arrive at the terminal. Be aware that with the new arrival and boarding process there may have been a change in making arrangements at the terminal. Just call or chat with DCL to see about that aspect.
I hope this helps.

Ditto to above, loved the Country Inn & Suites for the night prior to cruising. When we drove to Pt Canaveral, they also offer long term parking instead of paying for parking at the port.

Sorry for the later join but we are headed on the MV with y'all. I'm Clint, wife Sarah (Hamm1207), and two daughters 6 and 3. We're in 8185 and would love to be in a fish extender group, if that returns. Look forward to cruising with everyone!

Hi! I retired a few years ago and completely vanished from the DISBoards! Guess I’ve been having too much fun! Anyway, I’m back and myself (Linda) and my friend Cindy are on the MV! So excited! We also have a couple friends from NJ on the trip and a room full of friends (5!) in the room next to ours!

Well, we ended up shuffling our plans for 2022...
-Cancelled our March cruise
-Added on a 4 night stay at an all exclusive lodge on the banks of the Amazon to our Galapagos trip in Jan (technically the Napo river, which is a tributary) with the $.
-Moved our park days to THIS trip, so we'll be heading to WDW once we debark. We'd have preferred to do the parks prior but I'm too worried about catching... something *ahem* before we board...

Was anyone else booked as GTY..? I check from time to time to see if any rooms have opened up we could move to but for now we are still just listed as 5A GTY. I wonder when we'll get our room assignment.

Well, we ended up shuffling our plans for 2022...
-Cancelled our March cruise
-Added on a 4 night stay at an all exclusive lodge on the banks of the Amazon to our Galapagos trip in Jan (technically the Napo river, which is a tributary) with the $.
-Moved our park days to THIS trip, so we'll be heading to WDW once we debark. We'd have preferred to do the parks prior but I'm too worried about catching... something *ahem* before we board...

Was anyone else booked as GTY..? I check from time to time to see if any rooms have opened up we could move to but for now we are still just listed as 5A GTY. I wonder when we'll get our room assignment.
Wow, going to Galapagos! That’s exciting!

Wow, going to Galapagos! That’s exciting!

I am beside myself... we've been planning on going for years for one of my big-0 birthdays and its finally here! The only thing I'm worried about is getting seasick as I've never spent long on a liveaboard yacht, and of course the spiders that may be plotting my demise in the Amazon... (I am not comfortable with spiders in my room - outside in nature they don't bother me much as I can walk right on by...).

So here we are at only 155 days out, getting closer and closer. I’m assuming they booked the cruise to full capacity assuming COVID would be gone by then. Going to get real interesting if they are still not allowed to cruise at full capacity by then.

We ended up doing the 3 night cruise for Christmas on the Dream. It was on Florida resident discount and I knew that was the cheapest I’d ever get to be on a Disney cruise for Christmas Day. It was fantastic. The ship was practically empty.

Hmm... I'll be sure to let you know if we get bumped off. We're still GTY without a room #....

Hello! I have been off of DISBoards for several years. I figured with this exciting MV cruise booked, I would get on here to join this thread. :yay:

It's our family of four sailing....all adults....Me, DH, DS-22 and DD-19. We'll be celebrating our DD graduating high school!

Is anyone else here from Indiana?

Hello! I have been off of DISBoards for several years. I figured with this exciting MV cruise booked, I would get on here to join this thread. :yay:

It's our family of four sailing....all adults....Me, DH, DS-22 and DD-19. We'll be celebrating our DD graduating high school!

Is anyone else here from Indiana?
Welcome aboard! Got you added to the list on the first page.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter