• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder from New Orleans in 2020?

I'd love to see DCL sail out of NOLA, it is one of my favorite American cities. I've only been 3 times, in early 2000 when Dh and I started dating (our first "date" was a weekend in NOLA with a group of friends), in 2006 for Katrina clean up and then 2013 for a quick stop with the kids on a road trip.

If New Orleans doesn't happen then I am hoping for something on the west coast. I'd still love to see something out of Australia or an Asian port but I don't see that happening. Possibly when all the new ships are in service.

At this point I'd settle for something new not out of Florida.

I would be surprised if it's New Orleans. It's one thing for Disney to have a recent animated feature set in New Orleans, and to have New Orleans Square at Disneyland, but to base a ship of New Orleans - I doubt it. We visited New Orleans for a couple of days this summer. It's a cesspool of filth. And I'm not just referring to Bourbon Street.

Charleston makes more sense. Or how about Baltimore? DCL could offer a "The Wire" tour of the City.
What's dirty about it?

Don't all cities have those things?

The entire city smells like garbage and urine. Garbage lines the streets (not in containers either) and with the heat and humidity it is just gross. I'm going for 1 night next week before a cruise and wish I had chosen a sailing out of Florida. I was not impressed in any way by the city. The only good food are the beignets.

The entire city smells like garbage and urine. Garbage lines the streets (not in containers either) and with the heat and humidity it is just gross. I'm going for 1 night next week before a cruise and wish I had chosen a sailing out of Florida. I was not impressed in any way by the city. The only good food are the beignets.
I forgot about the heat and humidity and what that does to the all the stuff I mentioned. It sort of helps it to ferment. The beignets are good, I also like the muffaletta sandwiches and the strong chicory coffee.

The City is full of garbage, human waste, graffiti, homeless, animal excrement, spilled booze, prostitutes, criminals, etc. But, it does have it charms.

Wow. If this is all true, it’s a wonder that I haven’t killed myself. I must really like animal excrement, prostitutes, spilled booze and the constant smell of urine.

Mark Daniel just posted a short eight second clip on Twitter reminding everyone to tune in for the 2020 Itinerary announcement. The kicker is, the water fountain behind him shows he is at Port Orleans Riverside.

Wonder why they would be announcing from there? :rolleyes1

Mark Daniel just posted a short eight second clip on Twitter reminding everyone to tune in for the 2020 Itinerary announcement. The kicker is, the water fountain behind him shows he is at Port Orleans Riverside.

Do you have a link to that? I tried to look up Mark Daniel on Twitter, but nothing Disney related came up. Thanks!

Perhaps, DCL will announce a ship will be embarking from New Orleans for part of the year.

That's really exciting news. Could plan a trip to New Orleans and then do a cruise on the Wonder. They are starting the sailing in February 2020. And two Sailings to Hawaii sound great, I wonder when in the year they will be and how long the sailing.

That's really exciting news. Could plan a trip to New Orleans and then do a cruise on the Wonder. They are starting the sailing in February 2020. And two Sailings to Hawaii sound great, I wonder when in the year they will be and how long the sailing.

Late April and early May. The itineraries are up. Both are one way to or from Vancouver.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter