• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder from New Orleans in 2020?

020 Disney Wonder 4-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from New Orleans: 2/27 and 3/2

Day 1: New Orleans, Louisiana
Day 2: At Sea
Day 3: Cozumel, Mexico
Day 4: At Sea
Day 5: New Orleans, Louisiana

2020 Disney Wonder 6-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from New Orleans: 2/21

Day 4: George Town, Grand Cayman
Day 5: At Sea
Day 6: At Sea
Day 7: New Orleans, Louisiana

2020 Disney Wonder 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruise from New Orleans: 2/14

Day 5: Falmouth, Jamaica
Day 7: At Sea
Day 8: New Orleans, Louisiana

2020 Disney Wonder 5-Night Bahamian Cruise from San Juan to New Orleans: 2/2

Day 1: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Day 3: Disney Castaway Cay
Day 4: At Sea
Day 6: New Orleans, Louisiana

2020 Disney Wonder 7-Night Bahamian Cruise from New Orleans: 2/7

Day 3: At Sea
Day 4: Nassau , Bahamas
Day 5: Disney Castaway Cay
Day 5: Key West, Florida
Day 7: New Orleans, Louisiana

Panama Canal
Explore the charms of New Orleans before you embark on this 14-night cruise to San Diego. You’ll pass through the famous Panama Canal and enjoy plenty of sightseeing in exotic locations throughout Mexico and beyond.

2020 Disney Wonder 14-Night Westbound Panama Canal Cruise from New Orleans to San Diego: 3/6

Day 6: Cartagena, Colombia
Day 7: Panama Canal
Day 8: At Sea
Day 9: At Sea
Day 10: At Sea
Day 11: At Sea
Day 12: Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Day 13: Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Day 14: At Sea

The entire city smells like garbage and urine. Garbage lines the streets (not in containers either) and with the heat and humidity it is just gross. I'm going for 1 night next week before a cruise and wish I had chosen a sailing out of Florida. I was not impressed in any way by the city. The only good food are the beignets.

Couldn't disagree more. I've been to NOLA many times and there are so many great places to eat (besides Cafe' Du Monde and Pat O'Briens). Of course, picking the right time of year is paramount.

tenor.gif

The entire city smells like garbage and urine. Garbage lines the streets (not in containers either) and with the heat and humidity it is just gross. I'm going for 1 night next week before a cruise and wish I had chosen a sailing out of Florida. I was not impressed in any way by the city. The only good food are the beignets.

This is so offensive I don't even know where to start.

ANYWAY--We have been waiting to take a cruise and now we can do it without flying! I hope we can make it work. I am so down for Mardi Gras cruising!!

Oh man have my eye on the Panama Canal and either of the two Hawaii cruises, but all of those are sure to be $$$$. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if Hawaii starts higher.

Being in San Diego. We would love it if the Wonder sailed to Hawaii from San Diego. Maybe another time?

Amazingly enough, the Wonder is the only ship I've been on, and it'll be the one that's sailing out of NOLA. :-)

Mardi Gras 2020 is February 25, but with plenty for people to do in two weeks leading up, or for people that want to come to MG and start the cruise on the 27th.

Being in San Diego. We would love it if the Wonder sailed to Hawaii from San Diego. Maybe another time?

I don't think it would be possible for DCL to do this as a one way cruise. They would have to visit a "distant foreign port", and Mexico doesn't count. This is why the Panama Canal cruises have a stop in Cartagena, Colombia - because that is their distant foreign port.

Hey, one of those Hawaii cruises is on my birthday. It's a sign!

Actually I'll never have enough vacation time for a cruise that long.

I wonder whether they'll ever change the Jones Act. Cruising is big business and it's so inconvenient. How much does the original business argument for creating it still apply?

I don't think it would be possible for DCL to do this as a one way cruise. They would have to visit a "distant foreign port", and Mexico doesn't count. This is why the Panama Canal cruises have a stop in Cartagena, Colombia - because that is their distant foreign port.

How can they do the Mexico cruises if Mexico doesn't count? Didn't they stop in Mexico the last time they did this?

Whelp, guess if I am going to do the Wonder I either have to do Alaska for a third time (previously on HAL and RCCL) or go on her this Feb. No way am I going near her otherwise. (Hawaii is not in my time frame, and as for the other? Not enough money in the world to get me back there.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter