Wonder from New Orleans in 2020?

How can they do the Mexico cruises if Mexico doesn't count? Didn't they stop in Mexico the last time they did this?

A closed loop cruise, say San Diego to San Diego, only has the requirement of visiting a "foreign port", not a "distant foreign port" - so it is enough for that cruise to visit Ensenada, Mexico.

I can't believe how negative a review New Orleans is getting - every city has its pros and cons. We love New Orleans. They have some of the best museums - the WWII museum was amazing, and we had a lot of fun at the Mardi Gras museum too. Can't wait to go back and check out the Civil War museum and more of the local houses turned museums. Also loved the food, all of the art stores, and the music in the streets. We barely went into any of the nightlife, even, we were so busy doing other things. Plus for us it's cheaper (and easier to find) flights into NOLA than Galveston. I do wish the Wonder was stopping at new ports, but I like all the sea days the new itineraries have.

I can't believe how negative a review New Orleans is getting - every city has its pros and cons. We love New Orleans. They have some of the best museums - the WWII museum was amazing, and we had a lot of fun at the Mardi Gras museum too. Can't wait to go back and check out the Civil War museum and more of the local houses turned museums. Also loved the food, all of the art stores, and the music in the streets. We barely went into any of the nightlife, even, we were so busy doing other things. Plus for us it's cheaper (and easier to find) flights into NOLA than Galveston. I do wish the Wonder was stopping at new ports, but I like all the sea days the new itineraries have.

I don't understand all the hate on NOLA, it's a great place. This will be an amazing combination. Will be booking on Monday.

Different people have different experiences. I was nowhere near the party zone and had a horrible experience there which left me with no desire to return.

I have ZERO interest in museums about war or military, and old houses literally make me itch -something about the scents in all of them. I am also gluten-free and do not eat seafood. Not a lot of that “great” food that doesn’t include one or both.

The more I am thinking about it in general, I’m not sure the Wonder - even out of PC - is the ship for me. No interest in Tiana’s period and I am not a fan of the menu/setting for Triton’s/Royal Court/Royal Palace. I may have to be ok with not sailing on all of them.

We absolutely love NOLA, so I'm very excited they're sailing from there. However, although there are 2 sailings the week that is likely to be school vacation week, neither work, because of their timing (leaving on a Friday and a 4 night starting on a Thursday). So that's a bummer. I hope these sailings do well so that they'll continue them. Maybe some day dates will align.

Interesting itineraries. I like that there's some new ports. I only skimmed, but it doesn't seem to have any 7 night sailings from PC during the typical Spring Break times. I guess because they're moving the ships all around.

Interesting itineraries. I like that there's some new ports. I only skimmed, but it doesn't seem to have any 7 night sailings from PC during the typical Spring Break times. I guess because they're moving the ships all around.

Not sure what your typical Spring Break time is but Fantasy will be sailing during our Spring Break/Easter vacation.

Not sure what your typical Spring Break time is but Fantasy will be sailing during our Spring Break/Easter vacation.

Ours is typically the last full week in March, so in 2020 starting on Saturday 3/21 through the next week. They will have the new 8 night on the Fantasy that week, which I'll be curious to see the price of.

I'm not scared of Jamaica, Nassau, or Cozumel. I really wouldn't want to cruise the Magic or Fantasy (definitely not the Dream) again...so that leaves Wonder/Baja. Any input on the ports?

Our district doesn't do a spring break. Not that I'm bitter.

wow, no spring break. When I was a kid, our spring break was one week. now that I have kids, it's two weeks. Which sounds great if we can take time off, but often it just means paying for more childcare.

We live outside of Mobile so the New Orleans Port is fantastic news! However the dates seem a little odd. Not sure any of them would work for us... How do they come up with the dates they think will sell best or is more about ship positions?

We live outside of Mobile so the New Orleans Port is fantastic news! However the dates seem a little odd. Not sure any of them would work for us... How do they come up with the dates they think will sell best or is more about ship positions?

It's whenever they can get their slot to embark/disembark.

I think a little bit of both I would think. Mardi Gras is Feb 25 in New Orleans so 3 of the 6 itineraries are potential draws. One of them concludes the cruise the weekend before Fat Tuesday (which would be appealing for those wanting to cruise, then enjoy mardi gras) then the next two sailings are going to be appealing for people in Louisiana who have their kids out of school and people who may want to come in and visit a little bit of the mardi gras celebration before and/or after the cruise.

New ports? Which ones? I haven’t seen any except New Orleans. Guess I need to look better.

We are outside of Mobile also! I was so excited to see this because I can be in NOLA in just a couple of hours where PC is 7 hours.

I so wanted to sail from NOLA, but if its just Bahamian and western Caribbean we are likely out. No need to cruise from a city we want to see in its own right if the itineraries are same ol' same ol'. We'll just go when we want and spend more time in the city I guess. :tilt:

Ensenada, Mexico is the port of call fora any cruise ship going between US ports.
No.

Ensenada is a port of call for any foreign-flagged cruise ship doing a ROUND TRIP cruise from a west coast US port.

If a foreign-flagged ship goes from one US port to a DIFFERENT US port (open-jaw, not round trip) then the foreign port stop must be a DISTANT foreign port. Ensenada is not a DISTANT foreign port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter