*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

I cancelled our May 9-16 trip today. I had great fast passes and we were finally going to stay at Animal Kingdom Villas. But, we are now planning to go in November. It won’t be the same but it will be great too. I hope everyone here stays healthy and is able to find a new time to go to Disney.

Optimist here joining the May group the night before making fastpasses :) We were originally doing a Disney cruise 4/6 for the kids spring break and when that was cancelled we moved to a WDW trip 4/5-11. Haven't cancelled that yet but am certain it will not be happening so we are also now booked at the CR for a quick trip May 21-25.
I am at this point cautiously excited about May and of course only time will tell. We have an awesome July trip planned as well and then DH and I will be back in September but really want this spring trip!

Optimist here joining the May group the night before making fastpasses :) We were originally doing a Disney cruise 4/6 for the kids spring break and when that was cancelled we moved to a WDW trip 4/5-11. Haven't cancelled that yet but am certain it will not be happening so we are also now booked at the CR for a quick trip May 21-25.
I am at this point cautiously excited about May and of course only time will tell. We have an awesome July trip planned as well and then DH and I will be back in September but really want this spring trip!
not giving up hope😇we are scheduled May 22-June 1 and booking fastpasses Monday morning

Well, I got FOP, MMRR, 7D, so I'm calling it a success. Railway is at 6pm, but it was day 2, so I'm happy. Just going to be a LONG day to RD for boarding passes for Rise, ride Slinky... maybe then go back to our room and nap! :D

A little of me is feeling guilty - we planned this trip around Memorial Day because DD's school had an unused snow day on Friday. I can only assume that IF we get back to school before that, she'll have school that day... but I booked this trip before the chaos and we're going to make the most of it!

I"m holding out hope for our May 23-30 trip, although I'm concerned we might have to cancel. I'm considering booking a backup reservation just in case. Just haven't decided between June, July, or the week before Christmas. Our fast pass day is tomorrow. Hopefully I will get the fast passes we're hoping for just in case we go in May.

We officially emailed our TA to cancel. Currently we don't have backup dates because so much is still unknown right now. We're not in any rush to reschedule tbh. The truth is, even if it's safe for us to travel with gf's condition, neither of us especially wants to go back as soon as Disney reopens if it means heavily modified experiences as I suspect it will. Again we are in wait and see mode. As more information comes out, we'll decide on dates. Depending on how long the closure is, my AP will be extended, and I may look at a solo fall trip as a quick getaway.

We did commit to making that CL trip a TPV in order to have something to look forward to. Who knows, we may even do the GF/Poly split stay we originally wanted but couldn't make the dates work for.

Not cancelling now for our trip 5/30 to 6/4, but I have little hope. Here in Germany we have very strict restrictions, people should stay at home and no more than 2 people together. But I am lucky, we live on a farm and I can go outside and spend time with my horse. So I really should not comain. For everyone with trips coming, let's not give up hope, stay save and pixie dust to all of you.:tink:

We are waiting to decide on our May 24 trip. I have a backup package booked for August just in case. Would really love to go in May, but not counting on it. I actually think it is very likely they'll be open by then, but if the modified experiences are too drastic, I'd rather wait until August and get the full experience. We have the dining plus plan and were planning to do a whole bunch of characters, so if they are limiting character interaction that would take away a lot of value of the dining plan for us.

I have May plane tickets and resort paid for but haven’t bought tickets yet ( our arrival is 5/24) this is our first Disney trip and I’d hate to miss out on FP but I’d hate to spend all that money if we cant use the tickets ( we couldn’t reschedule this year it would have to be May 2021) -anyone have a recommendation?

I have May plane tickets and resort paid for but haven’t bought tickets yet ( our arrival is 5/24) this is our first Disney trip and I’d hate to miss out on FP but I’d hate to spend all that money if we cant use the tickets ( we couldn’t reschedule this year it would have to be May 2021) -anyone have a recommendation?
If you buy the tickets, but end up not being able to use them, their value can always be applied to a future ticket purchase, so you wouldn't lose your money (if you're sure you plan to go another time, and don't mind the money being tied up in tickets).

Well our state just canceled school through May 15th (for now) which means I could technically add my kids to our reservation and they wouldn't miss a thing...but I have a bad feeling they will be delaying the opening of WDW. Actually kid of nervous about my backup August trip from 8/29-9/2. Was thinking of calling up to see if it could be moved up...it's part of the FD promo and I think original dates ran through September 8 - that means if there's availability I could arrive on the 8th and get FD through our stay? Thanks

If you buy the tickets, but end up not being able to use them, their value can always be applied to a future ticket purchase, so you wouldn't lose your money (if you're sure you plan to go another time, and don't mind the money being tied up in tickets).
Exactly. The funds from the unused tickets will always be reuseable, you just may have to pay a price difference if you 2021 date-based tickets are more expensive than the 2020 ones you purchased. And you would not get a refund if the 2021 tickets are less expensive that what you pay now for May 2020. So there is a little bit of "opportunity cost" in the sense that if ticket prices for 2021 go down, you won't get the difference.

I think what may be causing some confusion is that for tickets for the 2020 March dates that have been cancelled, Disney is allowing those tickets to be used any time before December 15, 2020 with no requirement to pay the difference if the new dates are more expensive. This is a big perk for some because ticket prices increased a lot in January this year, so effectively allows people who bought tickets last year to get grandfathered in at their original prices. But that has no effect on your situation.

Well, I got FOP, MMRR, 7D, so I'm calling it a success. Railway is at 6pm, but it was day 2, so I'm happy. Just going to be a LONG day to RD for boarding passes for Rise, ride Slinky... maybe then go back to our room and nap! :D

A little of me is feeling guilty - we planned this trip around Memorial Day because DD's school had an unused snow day on Friday. I can only assume that IF we get back to school before that, she'll have school that day... but I booked this trip before the chaos and we're going to make the most of it!
Funny since our April cruise/trip is a no go we are now planning Memorial weekend since the kids had off the Friday before. I doubt they'll still have off if they're in school but even if they are it's one day, and considering how many days they're missing anyway I'm not concerned about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter